It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Proof?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by Furbs

Proof?

Proof of what?

Proof that I posted evidence that you are just not interested in reading? Because the proof of THAT is in the post you just referenced. Or are you interested in evidence of the claims that I made about your statistics being junk? Because THAT is the link that you aren't interested in reading because you 'have a life'.

So, continuing the rhetoric is more important to you than educating yourself about the reality of your situation? THAT is called willful ignorance.
edit on 9-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

EDIT:

The post below this is what happens when someone gets out of his depth in a conversation and doesnt have the means to continue. Rather than admit that one doesn't understand the information provided, he has decided to make a game of it to mask his ignorance.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

still waiting

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Boys rule girls drool na na na na boo boo are we all still bashing on this thread? Did I come too late for my troll appearance? I've read some opinions others I just skimmed right through. I think it's silly that people fight over these things.

The reality of this all (in my humble opinion) is men and women have strengths and weaknesses and we compliment each other rather nicely! I enjoy that women are dainty and have a hard time killing bugs and telling them to make me a sandwich. Just as I am sure they enjoy me killing the bugs and offering my street protection like some hired thug. (security of life and property really)

The real reality of it all is that this type of argument just further perpetuates the division of people that some corporate force or rich folk or whatever "PTB" want and expect from us monkey type folks. Can't we just say we're all the same and focus on more important things like outer space or something more benevolent? As someone said before me I'm sure we're all just "individuals" and should be treated as such.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I have already posted twice on this thread saying that we should be using the word

'FAIRNESS' rather than 'EQUALITY'

Going back to one point in the OP...the womans right to an abortion

A woman has ALL rights over her own body...the man can have reproductive rights at

such time that a fertilised egg [embryo] can be transferred to the male and he can

grow it in his own body for 40 weeks...then pass it out of a small orifice...and then

nurture it for a further 18 years.....That sounds fair to me

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Not with me. First thing that comes to mind is my uncle's baby-mama, the image of a shattered and dangerous male cousin caused by her sleeping with her 10 year old son. Grandparents grieved that they never sought for custody of that boy, as he could have been saved from her, since they raised him to the age of 10.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I have to agree that men are dealt a #ty blow when it comes to certain things. I feel sorry for men when it comes to family and children, a lot of evil bitches out there and the law doesn't seem fair at times.

You also need to consider that there are more breasts on planet earth than there are prostates and men also get breast cancer too. So the funding for breast cancer should be more, its not a gender thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by findlesticks

Thank you for your support.

here is a link from a breast cancer site. here

Less than 1% of breast cancer is in men. so that does not make up for the 50times more money that breast cancer research gets. Though I will admit part of the bias in this case is that Prostate cancer is something men just aren;t as comfortable talking about as women are with breast cancer.

We are to blame for this one (at least mostly)
edit on 9-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by findlesticks

Thank you for your support.

here is a link from a breast cancer site. here

Less than 1% of breast cancer is in men. so that does not make up for the 50times more money that breast cancer research gets. Though I will admit part of the bias in this case is that Prostate cancer is something men just aren;t as comfortable talking about as women are with breast cancer.

We are to blame for this one (at least mostly)

I cannot find any support for your figures about government funding for breast cancer research being 50 times that of prostate cancer. The number I am getting is about twice as much prostate cancer. Where are you getting that information?

www.cancer.gov...

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I will admit I myself thought those numbers were a bit high.

What I have found from most sites is that government funding is about 2 to 21/2 times more for breast cancer than prostate cancer, but the amount of cases is far less.

I even found where 49 states requires insurance coverage for breast cancer but only 28 for prostate cancer

The numbers of people diagnosed with both are within a few hundred people different.

so the numbers may be off (sorry) but that doesn't change the fact that there is still a bias here. Though men helped create this themselves. the insurance thing is interesting though.

link

link

as far as private funding, I do not 100% know outside of the original post. All I know is I have only once heard anything about a fundraiser for prostate cancer, but see breast cancers fundraisers just about everywhere. Just go to your local market and see how many people purchased those little pink bows you can put your name on. ever seen a blue one?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

cop accused of rapping children

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by believingskeptic

True equality also means taking responsibility for one's own actions. Just because the Elite funded the feminist movement does not mean all men did. In fact, it was mostly women who stood behind the feminist banner and worked towards establishing our current state of affairs. It's unfair and dishonest of you to suggest that men are fully to blame for everything that has transpired.

I wasn't being dishonest. Generalizing, yes, dishonest, no. And I wasn't blaming men for "everything" that has transpired. But many men just "allow" these types of things to happen. It's natural. One man can't do much, but the OP seems to have gathered some support to right this wrong. Let's see if something comes of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

for everyone who disagrees with this thread, let me challenge you for a minute.

Reread the op, and use your imagination.

Let's pretend for a minute that the opposite were true and it were the women, not the men who got the raw end of the deal here.

What would be the difference? I'm sure women many of the posts would be the same, except the women who have had bad experiences with men (I'm sorry by the way) would be saying that things aren't fare, and men should have no rights in these areas (not much different than the current situation), and sadly their would be men saying women are all evil and b*****s and don't deserve the rights.

But fact is, the majority of people would not like this injustice and would fight like hell for equality. I know I would.

I can speak for no one but myself.

I would tell whoever started that thread to look into studies over statistics. Look for the reasons 'why' statistics trend the way they do, and how much fault lies in the supposed victim. For instance, Domestic Violence statistics are skewed overall because of the amount of victims who return to the situation. At what point should I cease to care about a person who continues to put themselves in a dangerous situation?

I would also ask what the OPs activism looks like. Are you simply getting on the internet and complaining about your plight, or are you joining organizations, attending rallies, writing congressmen, and voting with you money? Ranting on the internet isn't going to change your situation.

If 'fighting like hell' means making a thread on ATS about it.. you aren't doing much of anything. What are you doing to protect your supposed rights violations?

I have to agree here. This was the point I was trying to make with my post above. If more men actually do something rather than simply dislike the situation, things can change. I think OP made a first step, though. Seems like he did his research and he is trying to make others aware of it. Truth is, one man by himself aint gonna do much, but when you have a hundred, two hundred, a thousand, ten thousand others reading the post and agreeing with what is said, then maybe that can be a start to something positive.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
@OP:

You got a ton of attention here, take advantage.

You also have a convincing argument and those videos alone got me all worked up lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For everyone who is saying its in retailiation for generations of female oppression (which is truly real and is a problem). Lets try a re-framing exercise. How do you feel about affording another race more rights and privledges based on sustained past "wrong" i.e. giving black people (I am half black and refuse to use african american) more rights and privledges as retailation. Would this not be wrong. All this would do is cause one group to be put in the "victim" category, then be rescued to become the persecutors. then back to victor, contnuing until the pattern is broken. Can you see whule using the past as a justification for keeping the status quo solves absolutely nothing?

How about acknowledging the past mistakes and working to address and ensure they never happen again for anyone?

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

How do you feel about affording another race more rights and privledges based on sustained past "wrong" i.e. giving black people (I am half black and refuse to use african american) more rights and privledges as retailation.

It is actually done, its called affirmative action.

And yes, discrimination does not excuse reverse discrimination.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Exactly it is done. And whats going to happen once no "minorities" are put and kept in that position, it will switch again (probably along with another political correct name change) and perpetuate.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

When a woman gets cancer and dies from it she and her family and friends often

do their own funding and raising of awareness of the disease. Take for example the

case of Jane Tomlinson

Though terminally ill with cancer Jane Tomlinson raised more than £1.5 million for

childrens and cancer charieties by running in 3 London Marathons, several triathlons,

and the Great North Run.

Together with her brother she cycled from Rome to Leeds, and also cycled from

John o Groats (Scotland) to Lands End (1060 miles) stopping twice en route to receive

chemotherapy.

She was first diagnosed for having breast cancer in 1991 and under went a mastectomy

in 2000 the cancer returned and she was told she was terminal. In the summer of 2006

nearing the end of her life she crossed the US from San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge

to Brooklyn Bridge NY. On finishing the ride she adimmited it had turned out to be quite

an ordeal - the mammoth feat...63 days on a bike covering 3,700 miles left her seriously

ill, she was also disappointed that the lack of interest in the US meant she only raised

£100,000 - well short of her target! She died a year later in 2007.

That is only one example... nearer to home a friend of mine (60 years old) is doing a 25mile

walk to raise money for 'breast cancer research' in memory of her sister in law who died of

breast cancer earlier this year, having been ill for two years.(I am donating)

Prostate cancer>> I have two elderly relatives with it and they have both been told that whilst

they have the disease it is NOT the cancer that they are likely to die of but old age!

>>>>>>>NOT FAIR?? It appears that even cancer is discriminatory

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Some of your statistics might be slightly off, but the difference between men and women is monumental indeed. You left out probably the most glaring fact, the Violence Against Women Act, which is a sick and disgusting law enacted in 1994 that strips men of their right to due process by having the courts, child welfare system, etc. treat them guilty until proven innocent. More and more women are catching on just how easily they can get custody by making any simple accusation without any proof of said accusation whatsoever. What is worse, family law attorneys are also pushing women to fabricate abuse so they can win their client custody. It doesn't really matter if the man is found guilty of any abuse or not because they spend everything they have defending themselves against bogus accusations and in the end they are too broke to fight and it also sets a precedent in your divorce case because most men are removed from the home and barred from seeing their children until the accusations are deemed "untrue". There is no perjury law against false accusers by the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join