It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

I was adopted and my (biological) sister is severely mentally handycapped because of my biological mother who was guilty of neglect and abuse, but was never prosecuted or arrested. The father was around, and never actually did the abuse, but because she claimed he abused her, he was put in jail.

Even though it was found that she abused her children severly, I was the only one ever taken from her. two other children stayed with her, and she ran to another state with them. a few years later she was murdered (drug deal gone wrong) and the two children had been found with a male she had sold them to for drugs a month before.

Today I have contact with my sister who is 33 but has the mental capacity of a 10 year old. I have yet to have contact with my half brother.

I am not looking for sympathy, I only want to point out that women can be just as cruel as men and had the courts believed the father in this case, maybe, just maybe my sister wouldn't be mentally disabled.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I'm really sorry that you and your family had to go through that. I know exactly how you feel. I don't really want to go into specifics but, I've been through a similar situation with my sister and her children. I love her but, I knew she wasn't doing the right thing for her kids, and I helped my ex brother in law get custody of them. It hurt but, I knew it had to be done. She still refuses to speak to me and it's been nearly 7 years. She just couldn't see past her own needs to do what she needed to do to be a good parent. This is why I tend to agree with you about the custody issue...women can and are capable of being incredibly horrible creatures, and it's sad that society still turns a blind eye to those facts.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

wow, I tip my hat to you. It takes a strong person to deal with what you had to do,

Many will see it as a great thing you did, as it was a great thing, but the hurt you must have felt with it being your own sister, is something very few would ever see.

Even though it was something that had to be done, I'm sure you feel no victory in it, but few around you wouldn't understand how badly it tore you apart. I'm just guessing here, but knowing how little empathy is in this world, I'm sure I'm not to far off.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I am sorry for your issues but your last statement...a Woman can be as CRUEL as a Man...is like saying...MEN are especially CRUEL and it is part of their Makeup...and Women can be just as Cruel.

I take issue with this...I am a well Trained...."CIVILIAN"....who is Peaceful by Nature yet capable of EXTREME ACTS OF VIOLENCE. These acts are by necessity and by JOB.

BUT NOT ONCE...EVER...have I had to use Extreme Violence and NEVER was CRUELTY apart of that decision making process. I am not a CRUEL PERSON...I AM a person that has done things that I preferred did not happen...but they were never out of CRUELTY.

I HAVE done things out of necessity when weighing the Greater Good over one individual who I would consider a walking Nightmare...and I have no regrets about SOLVING THESE TYPES OF PROBLEMS...to an extent that they will never present themselves as a problem again....but again...CRUELTY WAS NEVER IN MY MIND!

There are VERY CRUEL AND VIOLENT MEN AND WOMEN out in the field of work I sometimes do. We respond by making them understand that we work from a standpoint of results for the Greater Good...and even when someone as Cruel and Evil as these people have become must be put down...there is no CRUELTY in the action...just Methodical Action to gain a better result. Now...you might say...better result for who? If you were there in the field with me...the answer would be apparent. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

that is not what I meant in anyway shape or point.

I too am a peaceful person, I did not mean to come off making you feel all people men and women are cruel.

I was just pointing out that women and men CAN be equally cruel. Not that all are cruel.

Sorry for mis-speaking

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

OK...thank you for the re-statement. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

I think this threads fate is written in the stars. No really! the little blue stars at the top of the corner, with so many stars its bound to take off but then again these type of threads always do. There have been many of this thread, who knows what the answer is to this whole male and female dilemma, but it will probably involve robots.

There is a lot of bull# concerning this whole males vs female thing as in a lot of the things you hear daily and have been pounded in your head are just plain bull shistz, and anybody can see that, and a lot of it is intentional as a way to control people. But females do sort of get a special treatment in general and are allowed to get away with a whole lot more, but I have found that for every option they say men have over them, they usually have 2 other different options that males do not even have or can conceive of having. But I suppose there are pitfalls for every one of those things as well, as I am sure some have learned.

In the end to each there own, and I think that's the only thing that it can be.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

It's also used for a description of a specific syndrome from dysfunctional families. The Alpha type is the kid who has to always outdo everyone to keep the world sane. They're often their parent's pillar of strength, overly outgoing, and very brittle when it comes to facing failure they cannot escape--literally overcompensating for a failed family life that wasn't their responsibility in the first place.

reply to post by Egyptia

Come from a Creationist standpoint. From that view, the last time there was true equality was in the Garden of Eden--where all humanity was cursed for the stupidity of 2 people.

To the woman He said, "I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you."
Literally, the book states that a man's rule over women is part of a curse?
I'm surprised that more people don't notice this.

reply to post by dayve

Read the novel Native Tongue. Covers that angle. Having amendments repealed, takes a very sexist look at women in power. One of the few "books on the sexes" that I think should be in a modern lit class.

reply to post by tw0330

I sometimes think we really ought to have laws about provably false accusations should get the same penalty as the weight of the accusation.

reply to post by LeoStarchild

I want the data to see why they "estimate 50%" instead of plain state that 50% of them men get custody.

reply to post by Dookie Master

Considering that men die of breast cancer, too, it's doubly insulting.

reply to post by alfa1

While, yes, most of this is due to men choosing to take more dangerous jobs, some of why men die in workforce accidents has nothing to do with the job type, but the mentality of the worker in question. Darwin awards?

reply to post by tw0330

There's a reason why the term "Femenazi" was coined. It is meant for those who go off the deep end into hating men for their mere existence. Too bad the only source I can remember using that word was Rush Limbaugh.

reply to post by tw0330

Here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Here. Here.

Things are being done. And there's controversy over it.

reply to post by torque

My father grumbles about women in his work environments. He makes it clear that it's not because the women can't do the job, although it is horribly tough, but it's because he works with a bunch of Fidos who won't control themselves. Every time a woman walks on to the yard, no matter what she looks like, production crawls to a standstill, and my father gets very irritated.

reply to post by nightstalker78

lol, that reminds me: it wasn't my mom who put a stop to my hormonal teenage angst towards her, it was my father. Pointedly told me that he'd be more likely to put up with it directed at him, but that NOBODY was to cross mom without the "wrath of God" close on their heels.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

If I could give this a million stars, I would. Amazing response, seriously

Well, thank ya kindly. I was doing my George Dubya impression and shootin' from the gut.

This thread happened to touch on a pet peeve of mine... or maybe two. 1) "Reverse-[anything]-ism" - I heard the term "Reverse racism" years ago, and it just made me angry. If it's wrong one way, it certainly doesn't make it right to do the same in return. (argument against retaliation for hundreds of years of male dominance) 2) Dude bashing - recognize that we're all just trying to get out of this #storm alive. That puts us all on a pretty even field... why not confront our common enemies instead?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
It's tragic what western society does to it's boys, and by natural extention, men. Some may say it's men getting their come-uppence for being sexist, brutal, blah, blah, blah, but in reality emasculating men is the easiest way to take over a society. I do not think it's by accident and I do not think we've seen the worst of it yet.

I say this as a woman, and a loud-mouthed, stubborn one at that. No man has ever kept me " in my place " and I think trying to change what evolution has put in place because you are too weak as a human to live your life as you please is only proving the perception that women are too weak willed and minded to be equal. Stop it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nietrick

To say that men are being emasculated is to say that there is something wrong with a man being feminine.

This whole idea of "femininity" and "masculinity" are social constructs. The French men used to wear high-heels because being taller than the other men was a sign of superiority, but now if a man were to wear high-heels it'll just look feminine. Also, The Irish men used to wear skirts. There is a tribe where men stay at home and are gentle and kind and the woman carries the baby around and work and be strong.

This whole idea about "emasculation" is just a matter of perspective.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by tw0330

The world has been a patriarchal system for thousands of years. Women's rights is a direct response and retalliation to the fact that it has been a man's world from what seems the beginning of hisorical data.

It is still a man's world even if there are Women's Studies being taught in schools and not The Study of Men.

To this day the majority of the world is dominated by men and 'women' are subjected to what diminished capacity they are relegated to.

We are not even close to a place where we can rule together as equal's.

You want to discuss what isn't fair? Try being a woman in this world.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

I hate what history has done to women, but I also hate to have to burst your bubble.

"Women's Rights" was set up to destroy the family right from the beginning. Just do a search on Margaret Sanger, the "mother" of Women's rights. She openly admitted that they were going to destroy and separate the underclass (especially non-whites) with programs like Planned Parenthood and social services to give mothers incentives to not have a man in the house. Judging by the statistics the OP posted, its moving along rather smoothly.

en.wikipedia.org...
margaretsanger.blogspot.ca...

Not to mention back in the 1920's during the first women's rights rallies Tobacco and Alcohol companies paid young women to march at the front lines while smoking cigarettes and drinking whiskey claiming its a sign of independence. Disgusting what has happened since.

Government wants to be your sugar daddy. All I have to say, is don't be a useful idiot for the establishment.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by U4ea82
reply to post by tegz_1

That's kind of funny

But, I like making sandwiches so I guess my guy got lucky. I also like to clean.... I suppose I'm sort of old school when it comes to gender roles. I DO work and I bring home a sizeable pay check but, I like doing the things that are generally considered "women's work" because I'm a nurturer I guess. I like taking care of others.

sometimes i get into arguments with my gf because she a nazi neat freak and i like to clean up every second day or so and she just doesnt get it.. buuuut on the other hand she does some amazing things like sex while playing video games
. so it all balances out
edit on 8-6-2012 by tegz_1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

I see this thread is now descending into 'gender bashing' rather than as intended a

thread about equality [or as i prefer to call it 'fairness'] I'm sure we all know men and

women who fall far from what is widely considered they should be but I would like you to

consider the following

A couple have consensual sex for their own enjoyment [one night stand, relationship,

whatever] and when it's over - it's over for the man and his life continues as normal BUT...

IF there is a conception [due to either failure or unuse of contrapection] the woman is

now in a 'commitment' firstly for nine months and then for a further 18 years to another

human being.....As i see it the law allowing abortion has put this situation on a level

playing field for the woman...BUT even this is still not equal because very few women can

walk away totally physically or emotionally unscathed from an abortion!

Prior to this, the death rate from 'botched back street abortions' was extremely high and a

woman who was pregnant 'out of wedlock' was called [a loose woman, a slut, a slag and I'm

sure there a a lot more names out there for them] but the male who was a 'cad' or even

'married' was considered 'blameless'....EQUALITY ??

Today there is no stigma in being a single mother...however much is bandied about "she

has 5 children by 4 different men etc...etc...and is looked down on as such.....BUT what

about the men who boast about having 12 children to 12 different women that appear from

time to time in the press.....it's nudge nudge..wink wink..what a stud!! DUAL STANDARDS??

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Egyptia hit the nail right on the head.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i only hope my 3 daughters don't read this:
Women have caused the price of housing and most everything to go up - stay home and stop the inflation rate.
Women have caused the incredible detached latchkey kids.
Women have caused me to pay for kids to eat breakfast and lunch at school.
Women....awww....kaint live w/out 'em - i luv ya.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
reply to post by U4ea82

I was adopted and my (biological) sister is severely mentally handycapped because of my biological mother who was guilty of neglect and abuse, but was never prosecuted or arrested. The father was around, and never actually did the abuse, but because she claimed he abused her, he was put in jail.

Even though it was found that she abused her children severly, I was the only one ever taken from her. two other children stayed with her, and she ran to another state with them. a few years later she was murdered (drug deal gone wrong) and the two children had been found with a male she had sold them to for drugs a month before.

Today I have contact with my sister who is 33 but has the mental capacity of a 10 year old. I have yet to have contact with my half brother.

I am not looking for sympathy, I only want to point out that women can be just as cruel as men and had the courts believed the father in this case, maybe, just maybe my sister wouldn't be mentally disabled.

You bet women can be as cruel as men. More devious about it IMO. My husband and I have been in support of my uncle for yrs now fighting his ex wife over custody and etc. Its definitely NOT just the drug crowd. My uncle is reasonably wealthy and was a mma fighter. Big guy. The wife was this petite soft spoken little thing. In the divorce she claimed all sorts of things and due to my uncles appearance as much as him being male.. and her being a stealthy shrinking violet hiding behind her petticoats and vagina.. she got custody. It took YEARS and evidence, pics, recordings, etc to prove to a court the abuse.. including beating their male child in the genitals with a fishing pole... to get him full custody. of COURSE even with abuse proven she didnt spend a day in jail and was awarded unsupervised visitation and weeks in the summer! Now in her 1/2 a mil house she is claiming she cant pay child support and due to her being a woman and slick as snot, theyre considering lowering her amount! Theyd NEVER do that for a man.

In our experience being older adults, women are as bad as men and as good as men. Judge each person individually and not by the type of genitalia they have... cause thats a damned bad indicator of character.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Nietrick

To say that men are being emasculated is to say that there is something wrong with a man being feminine.

This whole idea of "femininity" and "masculinity" are social constructs. The French men used to wear high-heels because being taller than the other men was a sign of superiority, but now if a man were to wear high-heels it'll just look feminine. Also, The Irish men used to wear skirts. There is a tribe where men stay at home and are gentle and kind and the woman carries the baby around and work and be strong.

This whole idea about "emasculation" is just a matter of perspective.

"femininity" and "masculinity" are not about wearing high heels. it's about behavior which is deeply rooted in our nature, not just some social construct.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Masculine and feminine are not *just* social constructs, there are real, biological differences that go into it. I am generally speaking more to that than the social constructs. And since you brought it up, I was specifically thinking of how we tell our boys not to cry and encourage them to not share their feelings when I said what we do to them is tragic. Add to that disallowing them to rough house and be boisterous ( again telling them not to be who they are) when it has been proven time and again that males are more extroverted and willing to take risks compared to girls, and it early on becomes a pattern of boy = bad.

You don't like the term emasculate. OK. How about demoralize? Belittle? Undermine? After being told that you aren't allowed to show emotion or exuberance as a child, then being force-fed feminism as a teen, and then dealing with the multitude of issues the OP brings up that men face as adults, I think regardless of how effeminate or not a man is, he has been emasculated in a most visceral way. We are cutting off the spiritual balls of our males. Soon they will give up trying to please society completely and the results with either be a total lack of trying to contribute at all ( and I think we are starting to see this already) or, eventually, anti-social brutality.

Being naturally creative, or nurturing, or whatever feminine trait a boy may be is one thing, but being told you must be more feminine or you are bad is quite another.

To the chorus of folks ( I keep seeing and hearing this a lot) that say that masculine and feminine have no inherent meaning as a way to repudiate what they see as oppressive social constructs, I have to ask, do you really believe that there are no differences between the sexes other than genitals? Is there no baseline of male traits and female traits from which to form a frame of reference? And why does that reference point always have to be negative? To me suggesting...oh...let's say Justin Bieber.....is effeminate is as neutral to me as saying an 80 degree day in February is spring-like. It's not the norm for it to be that warm in winter,but pointing it out isn't saying that it's bad or good. It's just noticing.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Ouch,....... just ouch

I would post those videos and pictures all over the internet.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join