It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by seeker11

I see the same thing, with women thinking they should be sex objects. Even children are taught this behavior these days! i watched a video with this really suggestive song (Genie in a Bottle, i think it was), and these pre-teen girls dancing all "sexy" style to it, singing the lyrics, and their mothers sitting there smiling like that was the cutest thing. Then there is the clothing that is sometimes marketed for young girls. Not teens, but children. Stuff my girls look at and shake their heads at, like skirts so short you couldn't sneeze in them without exposing underwear, but without any built-in shorts. Tops that are made to enhance a bustline on girls that don't even have one. You get the idea.

The way men are treated on television sometimes is awful! The very idea that the typical husband and father is a clown, a useless waste of time, has permeated society. The world has gone mad!

again I have to agree with you. Woman seem to want to be sex objects, and go out of their way and spend their cash on breast implants , expensive makeup, shoes that are all about the sexiness (and ruin feet).

It gets tiring to hear many women complaining about something, that they seem to want. Many women use there sexuality, and it shows.

It their choice to do so, but please don't complain about being treated like a sexual object when you are getting implants, puffing up your lips, wearing skirts that barely pass the buttocks, with 5 inch stilettos.
edit on 7-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
wow there are actually people who believe men should have a choice in whether a woman carries a baby or not? what planet am i living on? people who are for that must either be a. women who have never been pregnant or b. men (who have never been pregnant).
besides that i agree that there are many unfair ways in which men are treated. but women are treated unfairly in a lot of ways too. so instead of pinning one gender against another how about we all agree to try to create a society where men and women are both treated with the respect they deserve? that seems a lot more simple, no?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
reply to post by tw0330

could you point to 5 instances where this was the case and it wasn't instigated by a female poster?

I'm guessing the whole "agreeing to disagree" idea really isn't your thing?

If you are going to point to something within a thread, back it up with proof.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyStardust
wow there are actually people who believe men should have a choice in whether a woman carries a baby or not? what planet am i living on? people who are for that must either be a. women who have never been pregnant or b. men (who have never been pregnant).
besides that i agree that there are many unfair ways in which men are treated. but women are treated unfairly in a lot of ways too. so instead of pinning one gender against another how about we all agree to try to create a society where men and women are both treated with the respect they deserve? that seems a lot more simple, no?

Sounds like a plan to treat both with respect. Unfortunately your opening sentence doesn't seem to give much respect for the rights of men concerning their unborn children though, and not much respect for those who point it out as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am so glad that many of you think I have a superiority complex for standing for what is right.

Sad thing is, many of those against this issue are the same ones labeling me and saying things like, "get used to it."

Just one thing to say here: the fact that you most of those labeling me or calling those that agree with this names for standing up for our beliefs, are the same ones that haven't really made a good argument as to how I am wrong here.

So who has the inferiority complex and has to resolve to name calling? I am a man, and I am damn proud of it. If i let you get to me, it would make me a sexist just like you are.

You have done nothing but make your case worse. You have proven women are just as sexist as some men.

edit on 7-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Gooo you crazy son of a bitch you are right! with this thread bang on.....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

In england women have most of the rights..
Fact there is no advertisement for men suffering domestic violence only women
how sexist is that.

Work that one out?
thats just 1 example

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Really, the only thing you're doing is pointing out the crooked system in the sexist ways, like how certain laws lean towards women's rights rather than men's rights. It's the same as the 'black struggle' stuff. Everyone tries to baby black people now because their ancestors were treated like trash. Is it right? No, because it doesn't make up for the nation's past mistakes, it merely blindfolds them.

But in countless ways, like this one, the law and government is corrupt and hopeless. Men, women, blacks, whites, blues and pinks... we all get screwed in the long run, one way or another.

Don't focus your energy on sexism, racism, or regular domestic wars. It's manufactured division meant to distract us from real issues, and blind us with our own ignorance and baseless hatrid. You're just a tool if you follow it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
and for those women who are standing with many of us men on this issue

Thank You!

I would stand up for a woman's rights anywhere any time. and knowing you are willing to do the same, means for us men, means the world to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by tw0330

In england women have most of the rights..
Fact there is no advertisement for men suffering domestic violence only women
how sexist is that.

Work that one out?
thats just 1 example

I don't think they have them here in the US either, that would cause an out cry of sexism

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by ZiggyStardust

Sounds like a plan to treat both with respect. Unfortunately your opening sentence doesn't seem to give much respect for the rights of men concerning their unborn children though, and not much respect for those who point it out as well.

forcing a woman to carry a child that she does not want would be a complete lack of respect for the woman, her life and her body. some problems do not have a perfect solution. this is one of them.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

forcing a woman to carry a child that she does not want would be a complete lack of respect for the woman, her life and her body. some problems do not have a perfect solution. this is one of them.

I agree that forcing a woman to carry a child would not be right, but women have the option of forcing the man to be father, when he does not feel ready or willing , and it is acceptable.

There is no perfect solution, I agree, but you can clearly see the woman has the options after pregnancy occurs, and the man has none.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by ZiggyStardust

I agree that forcing a woman to carry a child would not be right, but women have the option of forcing the man to be father, when he does not feel ready or willing , and it is acceptable.

There is no perfect solution, I agree, but you can clearly see the woman has the options after pregnancy occurs, and the man has none.

If he isn't ready to be a father, he shouldn't be having sex, eh?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

ummm but it's ok for a woman to have that sexual freedom sometimes resulting in a pregnancy where she has a choice to keep or abort?

That's equal for sure.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

An interesting little article amongst the rubbish that confirms we respond even when it's not intentional

here tis

I see it a bit like this...
there are men who have spent countless generations working towards making their love comfortable, all the products, houses, medical, inclusion, equal rights here and there defence etc they should be loved for that alone

there are men who will not for any reason work and do, just for a woman, she is not enough on her own, or has not much value in the couple scene.

Some women expect to be looked after no matter the cost to the man

some woman who are happy with what they've got (in the way of men around them) can see what brilliant diverse and detailed creatures they all are and appreciate just that.

Loving all differences allows you to see beauty where others don't, wont or can't.

I've had to be a tough chick and independent and to begin with I'm positive I was emasculating my husband because of my need to stay in control. Now though, I love the fact that he is the strong one, who builds with his hands and is a complete nerd at the same time, his brain is amazing.
I have his back, he has mine.
Out of all the men on the planet he is the one who tolerates my several sides (as a woman) gently and for that he will always have the greatest respect from me.
He is your best advertisement for your sex ever, you guys rock!

You think women are hard on men, woman have always been harder on their own sex, I don't envy you guys trying to work it out, heck even we don't understand ourselves sometimes, so how could you?

All good things take work

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
and for those women who are standing with many of us men on this issue

Thank You!

I would stand up for a woman's rights anywhere any time. and knowing you are willing to do the same, means for us men, means the world to me.

You're welcome.

It hurts many women to see men get shafted, and its clear that you do at times.

Many women have sons, and know and feel the pain of men getting the raw end of the deal.

If a woman wants to abort her child , and the man doesn't she is given the freedom of "pro choice", if a man wants the abortion, and she doesn't, he's viewed as a cad and not being responsible for his actions.. The double standards are there.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ok, I will surely be labeled after this.

Yes i have seen a few sexist men here in this post.

But

I have seen far more sexist women that will do anything to put the man down.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

If he isn't ready to be a father, he shouldn't be having sex, eh?

Another prime example of the double standard. The woman can have sex , and gets to choose, but he doesn't.

What about all the men who don't want the abortion? How many men have cried silent tears over that?

Does he get to to say to her" if you didn't want the child , you shouldn't have had sex"?

I did hear of one case that was taken to court , and he actually won the right to have the woman carry the pregnancy, and he took sole custody. I have to look it up. It was interesting when I read it.

edit on 7-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
years ago my wife asked if she could buy a strap-on, to 'level the playing field'.

i said, no way in hell.

well ... she won.

to this day i'm still walking humped-ass and pigeon-toed.

though, we still get along just fine .... with neither having the 'upper hand' ... nor any one demanding or 'commanding' over the other.

EQUALS - we are.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Actually, outside of general social biased, I feel lucky, as I have a wonderful wife, a good job, and a beautiful daughter. I have not personally experienced many of the problems many men have faced concerning sexism against men.

That being said. I have always been able to feel the pain of others, and it is my duty and ability to be the voice for those who have gotten the raw end of the deal. It is our duty as brothers and sisters to look after each other. I will stand by the fair rights of everyone. gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, it makes no difference to me. We are all here together and must defend eachother when an obvious bias is seen.

Thank you by the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join