It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+131 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, to many women out there it will be any how.

Men's Rights and Social Sexism against men.

Many don't care to talk about this topic, in fear of being labeled at sexist, just for bringing it up.
So I will be the sexist and bring it up. (note: I believe that all women deserve the same rights as men, just not more)

I will keep my opening post short, as I want this thread to be a discussion thread and not just my opinions.

Think Pink (but what about blue?) -
205,000 women are diagnosed with Breast cancer (40,000 die)
190,000 Men are Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer (34,000 die)
A difference of only 15,000 people.
Breast cancer gets 11 billion in government Research funding while Prostate cancer gets only 2 billion.
Overall Breast Cancer gets 50x the amount of funding than Prostate Cancer.
In Britain there are over 300 specialized breast cancer nurses to every specialized prostate cancer nurse.

Right to choose-
If a woman doesn't want a child she has the right to abort it or put it up for adoption.
If she keeps it, she has a right to child support.

If a man wanted to keep the baby but the woman wanted an abortion, does he have a right to choose?
Would he have the right to ask for child support if he did?

Nope: He has no rights in most states concerning reproductive rights.

University: My wife is in nursing school, she had to take one of two classes to graduate, An African Culture Class or Women's Studies. She chose women's studies (very eye opening class, and very sexist)

Do Schools have a men's studies class? Nope that would be sexist.

Child Custody: Women receive physical custody of 92% of all children of separation, and men only 4%. [Department of Health & Human Services]

JURY BIAS: Women are acquitted of spousal murder at a rate 9 times that of men [Bureau Justice Statistics -- 1.4% of men vs 12.9% of women]

COURT BIAS: Men are sentenced 2.8 times longer than women for spousal murder [Bureau Justice Statistics -- men at 17 years vs women at 6 years]

JUSTICE SYSTEM BIAS: Women are assesessed for Child Support on average at half the rate of men, yet are twice as likely to default on Child Support payments. Ninety Seven (97%) of all child support prosecutions are against fathers. [Census Bureau]

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Numerous credible studies from independant researchers report that women are the initiators of domestic violence in 58% of all cases, and cause physical abuse in almost 50% of all cases, yet women only account for 6% of all criminal proceedings in such matters.

CHILD VIOLENCE: Mothers commit 55% of all child murders and biological fathers commit 6%. NIS-3 indicates that Mother-only households are 3 times more fatal to children than Father-only households. Despite these compelling figures, children are systematically removed from the natural fathers who are their most effective protectors.

WEALTH: Women hold 65% of the total wealth in the USA [Fortune Magazine]

General Schooling: With the women's movement Schools moved to tailor classes around girls to allow for future success. in general girls tend to be able to learn easier through a lecture type of atmosphere while boys tend to learn more with hands on schooling.

No child left behind really hurt men in the schooling area.

I'm sure I could come up with more, but let the debate begin.

source
source

I believe in EQUAL rights for everyone!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This thread will be hitting the top soon. ATS has the misogyny going for it. It's embarrassing. Also dude, boobs vs. butt thingy (how many times must I remind everyone that I am a scientist?) Who do you think gets more money?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Slightly agree, but it's because we view woman as the one who brings life subliminally as well as we (men) have reaped the benefits for far too long. Is it not their turn? It could go deeper but I'd rather not.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by unknOWNmirAGE

It could go deeper but I'd rather not.

This is the real cause of all man vs. woman issues methinks. Always go deeper dude. Always.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Great post. Yes, there is a lot of anti male discrimination in our society unfortunately.

Ninety Seven (97%) of all child support prosecutions are against fathers

Wow, that's insane. The whole child support system is garbage.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yes, we all should, by going deeper it will provoke great thoughts/responses, so I understand your point. It's all just a big runaround in the end though. The biggest thing is that we overcome this as one since we both need each other.

My recent thread relates and explains my thoughts on this very subject, slightly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-6-2012 by unknOWNmirAGE because: I responded?

+37 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

The world has been a patriarchal system for thousands of years. Women's rights is a direct response and retalliation to the fact that it has been a man's world from what seems the beginning of hisorical data.

It is still a man's world even if there are Women's Studies being taught in schools and not The Study of Men.

To this day the majority of the world is dominated by men and 'women' are subjected to what diminished capacity they are relegated to.

We are not even close to a place where we can rule together as equal's.

You want to discuss what isn't fair? Try being a woman in this world.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
reply to post by tw0330

Slightly agree, but it's because we view woman as the one who brings life subliminally as well as we (men) have reaped the benefits for far too long. Is it not their turn? It could go deeper but I'd rather not.

Ok, so by your way of thinking, you think women should also be put on the front lines in war more than men, I mean it is your turn, right.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
OP, I'd encourage you to fairly simply give up.

Yes, I largely agree with you that there are a lot of double standards where men and women are concerned; but I can let you in on a little secret here, which might save you some time.

There are a number of feminists in the world, who do not consider men to have the fundamental right to exist.

I'm not talking about these women wanting to subjugate men. I'm talking about a scenario where they literally want to remove and erradicate one half of the human species. They don't want us on the planet at all any more. We are considered redundant and disposable, and it is believed that there is no legitimate reason for us to continue to exist. Supposedly, men don't serve any useful purpose at all. Apart from a form of biological IVF, apparently we were just an evolutionary mistake.

My advice to you would be to recognise the genuinely decent women who do exist in the world, and make friends with them, as their friendship is worth having; but do not seek to get into a relationship. Do not bother to seek any recognition for the at times genuine social injustice that is inflicted upon men, either. You will fail utterly. Men are never considered, in this society, to ever be anything other than instigators of injustice themselves, and even most men have been indoctrinated to believe this.

I understand that as a man, I am regarded as being rubbish. I am considered disposable. I am considered literally worthy of being put into someone's wheelie bin, and emptied into a compactor.

As a result, I've made the decision that the worst thing I can do, is to acknowledge my own need for women; physically, psychologically, or in any other way. This is because, given the fact that many contemporary women view the male gender itself as being entirely redundant and worthless, a relationship with a woman cannot result in anything other than inequality, because I would be making myself vulnerable in ways which she would not be willing to.
edit on 6-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
Great post. Yes, there is a lot of anti male discrimination in our society unfortunately.

Ninety Seven (97%) of all child support prosecutions are against fathers

Wow, that's insane. The whole child support system is garbage.

Did you look at the stat a few above this one?

IF 92% OF THE WOMEN RECEIVE CUSTODY - THAN IT MAKES SENSE CHILD SUPPORT CASES WOULD BE AGAINST MEN (THE NON-CUSTODIAL PARENT USUALLY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO PAY).

While I agree that there is sometimes discrimination against men, some of these comments are misleading. For example, more men than women get heart disease but there is a huge amount of funding for this one.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So a man is home taking care of the kids, while the wife is working.

What does society in general think about this? How do you look at a man who says he is a stay at home dad?

What if you were a stay at home dad getting welfare because it cost to much to work?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Of course if you're an Alpha you are perceived as a "dinosaur" or a base individual,I've scared managers where I once worked.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Actually as many heart attacks as men.

source

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm sorry you feel that way Petrus. I happen to believe that both need each other in wonderfully balanced ways.
It can be a splendid thing, unmatched in the human realm for the purity of friendship, companionship and unconditional love.

Hope you find that one day.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This thread deserves alot of attention. I don't have much to add at this point other than to say I've noticed the same things and it bothers me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
This thread will be hitting the top soon. ATS has the misogyny going for it. It's embarrassing. Also dude, boobs vs. butt thingy (how many times must I remind everyone that I am a scientist?) Who do you think gets more money?

Explanation: Uhmmm?

That's not misogyny
... THIS is misogyny ...

[Warning: Women are Unwelcomed in Here!] My Massive Mysogyny!!! (by OmegaLogos posted on 30-3-2010 @ 12:40 AM) [ATS OffTopics Rants Forum]

:shk:

The OP has actually brought a bonafide case and backed it up!

Personal Disclosure: Don't worry ... OL had his ass handed to him dissected and roasted very nicely thank you.

reply to post by tw0330

Explanation: S&F!

BTW There is some large huge physiological diferences in the demographics that require different infrastructure since prostate exams either only require a latex glove for a digital examination or a simple blood test where as breast cancer exam requires a mamogram machine etc.

Personal Disclosure: Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I am about to turn 40yrs old in a few months and getting mine checked will be top of my todo list.

edit on 6-6-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix speeling.

edit on 6-6-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken emoticon bbcode.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Of course if you're an Alpha you are perceived as a "dinosaur" or a base individual,I've scared managers where I once worked.

An alpha is a psychopath. I understand that alphas themselves do not like this characterisation, but I've never heard of a single alpha, where that was not true. An individual referring to himself as an alpha male, is generally a ruthless, misogynistic sociopath who is trying to justify his way of being by giving it a supposedly positive label.

We're basically talking about the proverbial school bully, as an adult; the sort of unmitigated asshole who will proposition a woman who is clearly in a relationship, and who will then ask her male partner to accompany her in the destruction of said relationship. This is because the alpha will be posessed of sufficient arrogance, that he considers the entire rest of society to be subordinate to him.

It's the type of behaviour and mindset that the "pick up artist," or "game," subculture tries to deliberately instill or train in men, and it does nothing other than make feminists feel all the more justified in their hatred of us.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia
reply to post by petrus4

I'm sorry you feel that way Petrus. I happen to believe that both need each other in wonderfully balanced ways.
It can be a splendid thing, unmatched in the human realm for the purity of friendship, companionship and unconditional love.

Hope you find that one day.

I know not all women feel like that, Egyptia; but there are enough who do, that I've found it a serious problem. Please understand; my goal is not to express malice towards women, so much as it is to protect myself.

I've known some good women recently. There are good and bad people on both sides of the gender line, and I do know that. However, with that said, I really don't feel safe trying to be anything more than friends; at least for now. You may be right that someday, that will change.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Originally posted by Domo1

Explanation: Uhmmm?

That's not misogyny
... THIS is misogyny ...

[Warning: Women are Unwelcomed in Here!] My Massive Mysogyny!!! (by OmegaLogos posted on 30-3-2010 @ 12:40 AM) [ATS OffTopics Rants Forum]

:shk:

The OP has actually brought a bonafide case and backed it up!

Personal Disclosure: Don't worry ... OL had his ass handed to him dissected and roasted very nicely thank you.

ok, now I understand this post. It made no since to me. I am not that guy, nor to I believe his rants either. (at least not what I read, I didn't read much of it)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Pretty much when I hit JH the anti-male propaganda hit full swing. Male teachers started disappearing and the women teachers became less and less ashamed to chest thump and show how they really felt about men.

Don't even get me started about the ball kicking.

Basically, the anti male propaganda in our schools is sickening and BLATANT.

Half truth: 1/4 women are subject to sexual assault by men
Full truth: 1/4 men are subject to sexual assault by women, also

Myth: Mothers are always right
Truth: I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Myth: Men are more inclined to rape
Fact: Sociopathic behavior does not discriminate by the genetic inheritance of sexual organs.

Holding men hostage because they have a Penis is just absurd. Don't believe it's happening? Talk to any male student or teacher in the school system. Or any female who is not in denial or hiding behind her sex.
edit on 6-6-2012 by albertabound because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join