It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Anarchists Take To Streets In Milwaukee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Milwaukee News Report

Important Topic Updates

Occupy Milwaukee protesters and police clashed Wednesday evening, and four people were arrested for disorderly conduct.

The protest began at Pere Marquette Park and proceeded along N. Plankinton Ave. and to Zeidler Union Square, protesters said.

Along the way, several protesters stepped into the street and disregarded police commands to remain on the sidewalk, according to Police Chief Edward Flynn.

One protester poked at an officer with a protest sign and was arrested, Flynn said.

About 40 people were at the parks and about 30 police officers were dispatched to the demonstration. Some officers were on horseback, some on motorcycles and some on foot. Traffic was blocked briefly on W. Michigan St. between N. 2nd and 4th streets.

Police arrest 4 at downtown Occupy Milwaukee protest

video from Breitbart:
Milwaukee Police Arrest Protester At Post-Election Occupy March

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... Next arrest was improper use of a sidewalk.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Milwaukee News Report

Along the way, several protesters stepped into the street and disregarded police commands to remain on the sidewalk, according to Police Chief Edward Flynn.

I don't believe in the supposed right of cops to be able to order civilians to do whatever they like, personally. If that makes me an anarchist, then so be it. My attitude where the police are concerned, is that it is important to keep my own nose sufficiently clean, that I never encounter them in the first place. I have no criminal record; but at the same time, interaction with police is something I seek to minimise, especially since the beginning of the War of Terror.

One protester poked at an officer with a protest sign and was arrested, Flynn said.

Unfortunately, it is the tendency of conservatives to reflexively take the side of police when someone is arrested. The above quote is literally all most of the conservatives I've seen on this forum would need, in order to believe that that protester was definitely in the wrong, and that the officer in question behaved in a manner above reproach.

My own theory about the cause of this, is that conservatives live within a psychological reality that is almost entirely fear based, (of which Christianity is generally the primary cause) and as a result, they need authority figures in order to be able to derive a sense of security. As such, any perceived claim that the police are incapable of acting inappropriately, or that government might actually be something repressive in nature, is seen as a threat, because conservatives live in a world which is perceived to be filled with threats, and they generally also believe that they need someone else to protect them from such.

I've written before, that there is also an overwhelming conservative tendency here on ATS, to perceive Occupy negatively; there seems to be a genuine psychological need on the part of some people to do so.

Again, I think this is primarily due to the lack of desire which most people have for self-governance. The majority (and particularly the Right) of humanity, in my observation, truthfully do not want freedom in the slightest, despite what they may claim. They actually want the opposite of freedom, and the reason why, is because freedom demands active thought, deliberate intelligence, and continued personal responsibility for one's own life.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The usual Che Guevara t shirts and such.

What happened to the masses of people who trashed the courthouse? No more paid holiday to cover time off work? Soros didn't pay up?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
The usual Che Guevara t shirts and such.

First of all; are we certain that this group are actually self-identifying as Occupy? I consider that important.

However, assuming that that is the case, I will grant you that the persistent evidence of Marxist brainwashing, does grow extremely tiresome. As much as I do sympathise with some of Occupy's goals, it would be nice if the movement occasionally demonstrated that not every thought inside their heads was put there by Leon Trotsky.

The amount of Marxist influence which is displayed by Occupy at times, not only in terms of the vocabulary used in the movement's writing, but also in cases such as this, with reverence shown to known Communist leaders, genuinely does compromise the movement's claims of being interested in freedom. Then again, the word freedom also actually isn't used much; you're more likely to hear the term, "social justice," which my own internal doublespeak filter, again generally translates as more advocacy of Communism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join