It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organ Donor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I did a search and only came up with one from way back in 2003 and made this one to get peoples current views on the subject.

Late last year my Grandfather received a kidney and this got me thinking about becoming an organ donor. I have read the stuff they have on the donor website and some other articles, but I think it would be very helpful to get outside views from a vast community.

How do you view organ donations? Are you one? Are the myths true? such as if you are near dead they will let you to harvest your organs.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Latest thread on organ donation: Basically, about the ethics of harvesting before legally dead.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Ok thank you for linking that. I will read that tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Screw them I'd never donate, want to know why? Rich people get the organs (those that have cushy jobs with awesome insurance) I could be on my death bed and you can bet if I needed some organ to live then I'd be SOL since I'm neither rich nor have any insurance, they'd probably throw me in a desert to finish me off likely in this Country where they don't give a damn about the "slave laborors" that make it possible for them to be disgustingly rich beyond God.
edit on 6-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Screw them I'd never donate, want to know why? Rich people get the organs (those that have cushy jobs with awesome insurance) I could be on my death bed and you can bet if I needed some organ to live then I'd be SOL since I'm neither rich nor have any insurance, they'd probably throw me in a desert to finish me off likely in this Country where they don't give a damn about the "slave laborors" that make it possible for them to be disgustingly rich beyond God.
edit on 6-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

I do not agree with that. My Grandfather who I mentioned in my first post is in his late 50's retired war vet who is supporting him and his wife on military retirement and very little job retirement, because my Grandmother is addicted to the slot machines. so they are far from rich and are probably lower middle class and he received an kidney in about a year of being on the list.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
You must be in the USA as you talk about the insurance thing.I live in Canada and I do have some extra health insurance but that wouldn't do much with organ donations.There isn't enough organ donations but I have about the same chance of getting an organ donated to me as anyone else,I know lots of people who have received organs from others as well I know some who have donated organs.Someday I expect the health organization will be able to grow organs for people.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am an organ donor, however you do raise interesting thoughts with the way the government can work. I wouldn't put it past someone to pay a hospital off to use organs I can still use. But I hope that isn't likely.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If you want to donate them that great. However I wouldn't donate an organ n my deathbed

Maybe. Kidney

new topics

top topics

join