It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lay's Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips, where are thou ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by nightstalker78

I think the OP confused you with our Troll....It was very sweet of you to offer to send a bag.

Des

I know,I realized what the op did after I posted

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

IT is so they can have a moment of superiority.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Destinyone

I will certainly try these out, the sound really good, thanks.

I think the Twang Dill Pickle Salt is the one Lays uses. It makes my jaws do that pucker up thingie and I salivate just like with a big old dill pickle when I've used it. I haven't tried the other brand, but the Twang taste just like the lays chips one.

Extreme Dill...You can buy individual shakers of it online too.

I'm in the South, they use Twang on deep fried pork rinds out here....that and an ice cold beer....yummmmmm...

Des

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

My wife eats those pork rinds like crazy!! I myself don't care for them all that much. I remember being a kid an killing hogs. My dad would make those things "fresh". The whole house smelled awefull. Then again my dad would cook up a big ole pot of soup, leave it on the stove, let all us kids eat it, then he would ask us? So, you all liked that "turtle soup? dad fixed huh? Being the youngest of 6 I learned to ask what the hell am I eating!!!

Contrary to what some my think, the chips are about the only junk food I eat. When it comes to those chips, I have no self controll. Regional Food Exchange , you guys who post here should think about it. It would be way cool to share the special things only "your region has" Two things we have around here is the Cheerwine Soda I spoke of, and Carolina Treat BBQ Sauce, yummy yummy stuff, best on chicken, grilled chicken as in it's a cooking sauce VS one you slather on at the end of cooking time, damn my mouth's watering again.

So all, marinate on that "Regional Food Exchange " idea. Sort of a way for all of us who want to, to break the cyber bonds and eat some good food!! Hope you all have a great day and a better weekend. Cook well, eat well, live well, yea that's a plan. ATTENTION: I have a really simple recipe for homemade wine, it takes about 5 weeks and it's about 17 to 19 percent alcohol. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
edit on 8-6-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I found the Cheerwine in my area!!! I am a little reluctant to go to the Garage Bar in downtown Lousville to try it though
But I did find a website that will ship it to me. Also, did you by any chance see all the Lays Dill Pickle Chips on e-bay?? They must be a hot commodity. I think the food exchangee sounds like a fun idea, but I have to say, as a woman I am a little scared to give my address to people I don't really know. Can you think of a way to get around that? P.O boxes maybe?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by newsoul

Thanks but no, my wife's company has an office in Florence Ky. There on there way as I write these words!!! Don't you think it's crazy there not sold in N.C.? I mean Google Mt Olive PIckle Company, one of the largest in the nation, located right here in good ole N.C. But No Lay's brand dill chips. Trust me I've allready blew their site with a e-mail of epic dilly proportions, it did nada. Not even a reply.

I may over-dilly when they arrive, I'll need to pace myself. I have a friend in Calif, when he moved there back in the day, I used to have to purchase and send them Cheerwine cola, as it was'nt sold there. They would come for a visit and weight the car down with soda!!

I lived on Long Island for 6 years, no country ham! No liver pudding!No Neese's Country Saugage! No decent pinto beans. It was a long 6 years. I would come down for a visit and stock up on all the southern delights of my youth. I had the folks I worked for addicted to liver pudding after about two years, even had to show em how to cook it. Well when it comes to food, eating it or talking about eating it, I lovem both. Because the only thing better than eating good food you enjoy, is talking about eating good food you enjoy!! Have a great night all. OYM

We have your chips up here in VA too OP. Just right across the state line!!
I HATE finding things I love and then they disappear...I feel your pain!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Infi8nity

Sorry, my bad.

No sorry my bad. I went about this all the wrong way. I just realized I did insult you and that was not my intention. Its just that I really do like THE TASTE of junk food but I have to tell my self its trash so I stay away from It. It really angers me that people do not look at what they are eating. 100grams of fat in 1 serving and their are 20 servings. So if you eat 10 chips bam 100grams of fat. How can you trust these mega corporations? Because of the FDA? They got enough to pay the FDA a billion times and still make profit. Well if your going to eat junk food at least your eating "healthy" junk food.

Again I am sorry I did go about this wrong way. Any chance I get I try to get people to eat healthy because it has made my life so much better. I can think allot clearer, after I started eating right I could see the "truth".
edit on 8-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The truth to one person, is not the truth to another. Take the athelete that eats healthy, works out, and dies from a heart attack at the age of 40. The woman that dies from lung cancer that never smoked, the person that eats healthy and has cholesterol out the roof. The TRUTH is you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, why not enjoy the little things while you are still here? Why not indulge on occasion and let people enjoy their chips

Much Love

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So it seems it's "all good" all the way around. I really do eat healthy, except these chips, their great with grilled burgers & dogs. Not bragging, I am 49, 174lbs, thin, have been since junior high. No high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, no heart disease, Don't drink alcohol, may be a glass of wine a week. Normally Sat: Nite.

It's allways been I could eat anything I want in any quanity I want & zero weight gain. I eat about 65% vegatables, and cram in as much protein as I can get!! Thanks for the concern, cook well, eat well, live well.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Infi8nity, got about as much of a chance getting me to NOT EAT these chips, as a snowball does in downtown Tehran.LOL
edit on 8-6-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

I've been giving this some thought. I myself have a safe place for folks to send stuff too. My wife's office, she has office all by her lonesome.. We could use just the Post office boxe's... You know the "if it fits, it ships boxe's"..

Only safety seal items, no home made items. So if any body has any ideas, let's near em. I have a bottle of Carolina Treat BBQ Sauce, and a six pack of canned Cheerwine soda... Would love for some one who has never tried these, to give em a shot. I would never asl any one of you for your personal address's. So you all figure something out, A realative, some ones work, maybe an ex-spouse, just kidding.

We could work it out, it would be a real fun time trying out new foods, from other area's. Now I know you all think, hell we'll just order it off the internet..... come on people, where's the fun in that? I could have went straight to Frito Lay's site and ordered all the chips I could eat. Instead, I did it on here, made a couple new friends & had a laugh or two.... so much better this way. Cook well, eat well, live well. OYM.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

The truth to one person, is not the truth to another. Take the athelete that eats healthy, works out, and dies from a heart attack at the age of 40. The woman that dies from lung cancer that never smoked, the person that eats healthy and has cholesterol out the roof. The TRUTH is you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, why not enjoy the little things while you are still here? Why not indulge on occasion and let people enjoy their chips

Much Love

Its not about living longer. Its about felling and emotion, its about being able to see thing clear. If you all ways eat it then how do you know it does not effect your mental? Allot of these chemical ingredients have effects on your mind and your emotions. Its about supporting these mega corperations witch take money out of OUR pockets by POISONING us. We pay them to poison us. If a kitchen cleaner tasted good would you start drinking it? Its less about eating "healthy" and more about not eating these chemicals witch are made for depopulation reasons and supporting the company's that put this crap in their food.

Allot of company's use extract flavors to hide the truth that their food is really #. They use science to find out what will make you addicted to their product. So then you have to ask your self, do you really like the food are you just addicted to it because its made to be addictive.

I used to eat allot of fast food, I vowed to stop. In the processes I got cravings for the food but once I bite into it I realize it taste like crap, and makes you fell like crap. 2 days latter I will get the same craving. This happened a couple times. Then I finally learned that it was the cravings that kept me going back. At first I did not realize it tasted like crap and made me fell like crap because I was only concentrated on filling that craving. Most people do not realize how food effects your mind state. Next time you eat note how your brain and your body fells before and after. Not just your stomach but your whole body.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I say this with as much kindness as I can. Yes, it's obvious you have strong feelings about *your* diet and health. You have personal experiences with your health/diet history. Why don't you start a thread on this subject in the health wellness forum, I'm sure it would be popular. Then, you could control and direct the conversations.

This is a fun thread, we don't want to be lectured on what to eat. We are all adults, and have the capacity to make sound judgements on what we CHOOSE to put in our mouths. We want to talk about chips and stuff in this thread.

It's obvious to me, you are not a happy camper with our on-topic conversation. Make yourself happy. Go start your own thread. Be Happy...

JMOHO....Des

edit on 8-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I'm in for a foodie exchange. I'm in N. Georgia. All kinds of foods here that have never even seen the West Coast.
The land of R.C. Cola and Moon Pies. Salted peanuts in a bottle of Pepsi. Cow Tails taffy rolls. Let me know what you are looking for. I'll dig out my old recipe for Frito Pie.

Des

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Mmmmmm I love Frito Pie, I haven't had it in years. So yummy! I make a caramel pie to die for......once a year, it's all I will allow myself, it is truely decadent. Totally worth it everytime

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Cool Beans! What the hell is Frito Pie? Georgia, peach jelly? peach jam? So who wants the Carolina Treat BBQ sauce? And who wants the Cheerwine soda? I'll let you all hash it out. I'm serious as a dill chip induced heart attack !! In my youth they had these things called "Coconut Huts" have'nt seen them in years. Any of you guys?

If you all want u2u me and we'll set something up on shipment. I figured after whoever recieves their " care package" They can then, see about how much was spent and reciprocate in kind. Any of you got any rules to add, speak up and let's get this "Regional Food Exchange" going in high gear. It's summer time people, let's eat!!

Cook well, eat well, live well. OYM Hell that could stand for Open Your Mouth. LOL.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Frito Pie....poor mans beef stew...but better some times. Once you have it...you'll get a craving for it from time to time, nothing else will do.

Frito Pie

2 cans hormel chili (hot or mild, with or without beans)
1 small diced onion (optional)
sliced jalapeno (optional)
diced green chilies (optional)
1 bag Fritos corn chips
3 cups shredded cheese

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Heat the canned chili and any optional ingredients on the stove.
Spread a thin layer of Fritos along the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
Pour about half of the heated chili evenly over the bottom layer of Fritos.
Completely cover the chili layer with a thicker layer of Fritos.
Sprinkle about half the shredded cheese atop the Fritos.
Pour the remainder of the chili atop the Frito/cheese layer.
Completely cover the top chili layer with another thick layer of Fritos, then sprinkle on the remaining cheese.
Bake in 350 oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly around edges and top cheese is melted.
Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.

Bon Appetit....

Des

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

A big ole thank you young lady. Certainly looks & sounds good. I shall surely try it. As it's sat night & I am in the middle of a hockey game, I have'nt much ATS time this evening. But I will,first thing in the a.m. send you a reciporatory recipe. Ever had tater tot casserole? I'll surprise you. Cook well, eat well, live well.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

A big ole thank you young lady. Certainly looks & sounds good. I shall surely try it. As it's sat night & I am in the middle of a hockey game, I have'nt much ATS time this evening. But I will,first thing in the a.m. send you a reciporatory recipe. Ever had tater tot casserole? I'll surprise you. Cook well, eat well, live well.

OMG...I've heard Tater Tot casserole is so awesome, it may even bestow immortality from the wonders I've heard of it.

Eagerly awaiting your recipe tomorrow....enjoy the game....

Des

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It may not do all that, but my kids would eat this stuff by the truck load when they we're little. I still have to make it for them from time to time, even though their 27 & 25 yrs old now. I'll give you the basics, and let you experiment as you want.
1lb lean ground beef
chopped onions + chopped celery+ chopped mushrooms ( The Holy Trinity) of southern cooking. About 1/2 cup or more
Big ole bag of tater tots.
1 can Campbells cream of celery soup & 1 can cream of chicken soup.
Brown Ground beef, drain
I cook the Trinity with the beef. It's not required.
Layer the meat mix & tater tots, starting with meat, ending with tots.
Pour both cans of soup over this mixure, I normally mix the soup together.
Bake it for about 35 to 45 minutes,
Take it out when there's about five minutes left and cover the top up with as much sharp cheddar cheese as you can stand. I use extra sharp white cheddar.

Take it out let it cool, then eat all you want, nap may be needed after, That I can't guarantee!! Des, this is one of those recipes you add & subtract from it. This is the basic recipe, I'm sure if your like me, you'll doctor it up till it suits your palate!! Hope you enjoy, I now need to go pick Blackberrie as their in season oround my parts. And I take my vacation this week, every year so I can pick those berries, because I turn them into, jam, jelly, wine, cobblers, ice cream. Got a great recipe for BB cobbler if your interested? Hope you enjoy your day. OYM.
Thanks a million for the Frito Pie recipe, I;ll add it to my arsenal.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join