It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lay's Dill Pickle Flavored Potato Chips, where are thou ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Hello all, My first post in the food forum. I sure hope my fellow ATS'ers can help me out. I have few vices, one of them is Lay's Dill Pickle Flavored Chips. My problem being they do not sell them in my area any longer. Actually about two years ago they stopped, for whatever stupid damn reason.

I live in central N.C. NO DILL CHIPS. No dill chips in my state! At lest not Lay's Brand. Which is sort of crazy as N.C. in one of the biggest states for the production of.......DILL PICKLES!! Mount Olive is located here and they produce tons of dill pickles.

I emplore each & every one of you in the USA to puruse your local supermarket, find me these tasty little chips and I will be forever gratefull. Nothing like a good grilled hotdog or burger with a big pile of those LAYS DILL FLAVORED POTATO CHIPS!! So how about it guys, help a man out? It's summer guy's, I want a hotdog....
edit on 6-6-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Louisville, Ky. We have your chips and they are delicious!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Simple, you go to their site: Here.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Fret not dear friend. Here is the solution to your anguish. The Lays chips used a dill pickle salt as the flavoring on them. Buy your own salt, and shake it on your own bag of chips.

here are two brands....

Description: Classic dill pickle flavor.
Contains: Whey, Sodium Diacetate, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Spice, Onion, Spice Extractive, Less than 2% Silicon Dioxide to prevent caking.
ALLERGEN: CONTAINS MILK
Usage: Apply topically, as desired, to hot popcorn which has been popped in oil.
spicebarn.com...

And this one is super dill flavor...

Twang Pickle Salt, 1.15-Ounce Shakers (Pack of 20)
$19.80 $17.19
Subscribe & Save: $14.61

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping.
› Show only Twang items
www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dgrocery&field-keywords=twang+dill+salt.

You can find the Twang Dill Pickle Salt online in larger shaker sizes. It's my favorite. Lip smakin' good.

Des

edit on 6-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I personally do not eat trash(google ingredients and look beyond the mainstream) but you can allways bulk order them online. Amazone sells allot of food products.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Do they sell the bigger bags? Versus the little convenience store size? If they do, please let me know.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I will certainly try these out, the sound really good, thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I personally do not eat trash(google ingredients and look beyond the mainstream) but you can allways bulk order them online. Amazone sells allot of food products.

I can't stand posts like this.Why even bother responding?

They're available everywhere here in Florida.I'm sure you can buy them online if you like them so much op.I'll mail you a bag for a finders fee

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Why is it allways folks from Florida with such hostile words & actions. Why did you respond if you hate these threads so much? Oh, your from Florida. Sun gettin to you. That explains it.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I can't stand posts like this.Why even bother responding?

They're available everywhere here in Florida.I'm sure you can buy them online if you like them so much op.I'll mail you a bag for a finders fee

YOU CANT STAND THE TRUTH!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262

Why is it allways folks from Florida with such hostile words & actions. Why did you respond if you hate these threads so much? Oh, your from Florida. Sun gettin to you. That explains it.

Not from Florida, I was just trying to get you to see what you wear eating. Google the indigence.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Not from Florida, I was just trying to get you to see what you wear eating. Google the indigence.

You came into a perfectly happy thread, with no input but your acrimony, and disdain for the rest of us. Go start your own thread on the evils of eating what you want in another forum. This is the *foodie* forum. We share good times, and recipes with each other. You pissing in our pie is not nice.

Guess it's time for this.....

Des

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Huh? I offered to send you a bag

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think the OP confused you with our Troll....It was very sweet of you to offer to send a bag.

Des

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Sorry if I offended any one. I did'nt intend too. But sometimes it just happens. I need no one to tell me the dangers of eating LAYS DILL PICKLED FLAVORED CHIPS. Nor the dangers of eating any other food out there.

I know, steaks will kill ya, eggs=cholesterol laden, pork's a no no, but I don't go around throwing rocks at you while your mowing your yard,, so stay the hell away from my dinner plate. The food we consume, no matter if it' good for you or bad for you, it is a personal decision for each of us.

My mom used to allways tell me " The food you eat, is really the only true joy you have in your little time on this rock" How right she was. I am so glad I found this forum. Now I got my chips on the way, wife has a client in Kentucky.. Be eating some chips and having my hotdog about next Friday..

Now, It's blackberry season where I'm located and I love me some blackberries. I have a great recipe for BB jam, BB cobbler, and some mighty fine BB wine. Willing to share em if any ones interested. And thanks to all those that took my plea to heart. And so you know, I tried the website, just thought it would be more interesting and a fun way to make a couple new friends doing it here. Thanks All, Thanks Extra thanks to Des.
edit on 7-6-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

OP I think you are confused by the poster who was trolling. Infi8nity is the poster who said they don't eat garbage. The other poster only quoted them. Anywho, yes we have the big bags of your favorite chip, I just bought a bag today. 10 ounces of dill pickley goodness
I bought them at Wal-Mart but have seen them in other grocery stores in our area. Should I send you a bag?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Thanks but no, my wife's company has an office in Florence Ky. There on there way as I write these words!!! Don't you think it's crazy there not sold in N.C.? I mean Google Mt Olive PIckle Company, one of the largest in the nation, located right here in good ole N.C. But No Lay's brand dill chips. Trust me I've allready blew their site with a e-mail of epic dilly proportions, it did nada. Not even a reply.

I may over-dilly when they arrive, I'll need to pace myself. I have a friend in Calif, when he moved there back in the day, I used to have to purchase and send them Cheerwine cola, as it was'nt sold there. They would come for a visit and weight the car down with soda!!

I lived on Long Island for 6 years, no country ham! No liver pudding!No Neese's Country Saugage! No decent pinto beans. It was a long 6 years. I would come down for a visit and stock up on all the southern delights of my youth. I had the folks I worked for addicted to liver pudding after about two years, even had to show em how to cook it. Well when it comes to food, eating it or talking about eating it, I lovem both. Because the only thing better than eating good food you enjoy, is talking about eating good food you enjoy!! Have a great night all. OYM

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

My brother lives in California and they apparently do not have White Castles or Big Red. When ever he comes in town he eats at White Castle every single night and thankfully they also serve Big Red...lol I have never heard of the cola that you mentioned, or the pudding stuff (which sounds awful, btw...lol) I love food, you would think I would weigh a ton. I guess I just have a fast metabolism or something. It's awesome that your wife has connections for your addiction
Enjoy yourself, you deserve it!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Your bro has a cast iron stomach!!! I tried eating White Castle while in N.Y. It was awefull!! Cheerwine must still be regional, surprised you have'nt heard of it. As far as the liver pudding, it's not a pudding in the classic sense of pudding. It's in a block form like some sausage is. You cut it about 1/2 in thick and pan fry it in a little oil, till it's crunchy on the edges but soft in the middle, Yummy Yummy stuff, I would'nt eat liver if you gave it to me because it's nasty!! Liver pudding taste's not like liver.

Now if some of you all want to we can set up a" Regional Food Exchange" You all don't have Cheerwine, I'm sure there's stuff here you all would want to try. Yea that would be really neat, sharing the food from our specific regions of the nation. Cook well, eat well, live well. I call that a plan.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Sorry, my bad.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join