It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No choice is good

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm well aware of this.

I was responding to someone who thought it was in their best interests to make a person feel guilty because they don't vote for a person/party that would give them absolutely nothing. In this case, "Mittens". In other words, "the lesser evil" principle, which I absolutely oppose and can't stand, whenever it is suggested.

Believe it or not, "writing in" or "vote of no confidence" is a very valid, respectable choice.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Ignoring TPTB isn't being passive. It's being pro-active by circumventing that which gets in your way of progress.

Circumventing how? I think you live in fantasy land.

People have a habit of blindly accepting what's given to them, so your approach has a history of not working too well. I understand full well that they exist. I also understand that they're useless because of political divisions and you, me or anyone else isn't going to change that by telling THEM to change. They're not going to and if you believe that, it's just your imagination playing a trick on you.

Ignoring it only quiets the opposition. People will accept that they need to do something when the time is right.

"Lets pretend it's not happening"

This is what I'm hearing you say.

If YOU want change, YOU have to instigate it. And in this case that isn't going to happen by instigating others to implement it FOR you, which is essentially what you're suggesting.

"If you want change, then don't do anything. Just think about it and it will come by the power of 'The Secret'."

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

You are misinterpreting what he's trying to say there. You have to be the change you want to see. Waiting for organizations or governmental change to instigate said change will only leave you waiting for nothing. Those ways are broken. You are your only hope. Live as you feel is right but only once you have sufficiently discovered why you want what you want by dropping out of the system. You can't participate in something while making those sorts of change. If you can't do that, you are functionally supporting the system you profess to dislike and you're really only kidding yourself then. Decide.

You can call it whatever you want. The Law of Attraction is just one name. It has been described more and less successfully over time by many, and most think it will attract money. If all you're after is money then, again, you're part of the problem and not of the solution. Attract what is consistent with your heart and passion, not those material trappings that we all *think* we want. Drop those thoughts altogether and see what you're really about. If you're a shallow SOB then you will most definitely attract exactly what you deserve. Few are actually of that ilk and the rest of us shouldn't be impressed by that stuff at all. The fact that we think we are is a strong clue that things aren't right in the world. That's why we've got this thing going on here on Earth right now. That's why these times are so much fun.

<< 1   >>

join