It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No choice is good

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
you people on the right, you people on the left, and the majority who find themselves in the middle.
lets just all admit it, forget the damn fighting between ourselves.
we have no good choice anywhere in this country this election year.

not one state, not one district, not one race this year has a decent choice to actually change things in the USA for the better.

how do i know this?

cuz the status quo of gop or dem hasn't been working for too long.

its getting lame watching this amazing idea of a country, go down in flames.

how the hell do we take our country back?
edit on 6-6-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Stop voting and start ignoring those in power.

Get out of the mindset that you NEED people in power. What we need are groups of like minded people who help each other on a daily basis. Helping each other and a few people leading many are two very separate and different things that people need to realize before this country, or any other for that matter, can get back on the right track.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You have no choice politically. Understanding this puts you light-years ahead of the average America. So what can you do? Organize locally. Build "Resilient Communities." (see link below)

www.resilientcommunities.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by elitegamer23

Stop voting and start ignoring those in power.

Get out of the mindset that you NEED people in power. What we need are groups of like minded people who help each other on a daily basis. Helping each other and a few people leading many are two very separate and different things that people need to realize before this country, or any other for that matter, can get back on the right track.

How about vote and be PRO-active through and through? Being passive isn't going to do anything. Acting like the people in power don't exist is just your imagination playing a trick on you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

How about vote and be PRO-active through and through? Being passive isn't going to do anything. Acting like the people in power don't exist is just your imagination playing a trick on you.

Ignoring TPTB isn't being passive. It's being pro-active by circumventing that which gets in your way of progress.

People have a habit of blindly accepting what's given to them, so your approach has a history of not working too well. I understand full well that they exist. I also understand that they're useless because of political divisions and you, me or anyone else isn't going to change that by telling THEM to change. They're not going to and if you believe that, it's just your imagination playing a trick on you.

If YOU want change, YOU have to instigate it. And in this case that isn't going to happen by instigating others to implement it FOR you, which is essentially what you're suggesting.

I'm going to bed now. Please don't make me wake up in an augmentative mood by disagreeing with me.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If we want to know how to take our country back, we only need to look at history....both recent and many hundreds to thousands of years ago.

There is only one way to successfully take control from the people currently in charge:

Revolution!

When and if the people of this nation become fed-up with all the shenanigans, they will only have the option to rise and forcibly take power back for themselves. That is the only way I see it.

Voting to replace our current representatives will only put new people into a still broken system that will only corrupt the newly elected.

But do we have the ability to revolt against a tyrannical government without turning it into a new "civil war"? I doubt it.

The blood of the old will be spilled to bring life to the new.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

You are so right. There is no good choice to vote for this year. They've rigged it that way.

I've been saying this all along. More spending with Obama and his group or minor (maybe) with Romney and although it was done on a state level which, I think he did (I'm no constitutionalist) have a right to push for this on a state level with that idea I hesitate to vote for him.

Suggestion: Write in vote.
Who knows?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This is why you vote Mittens. I really don't want to, but at least he will be held somewhat accountable if he wishes a reelection. Obama has a potential 4 more years to do whatever he wants. I think wanting to write in Ron Paul is noble, but please don't Paul guys. You may be the difference between restrained evil and evil. Don't think there is a lesser this time.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
You want a guy like this to be president? Nosiest neighbor in the world plus he's happy to elbow you out of the way so that he gets what he wants - doesn't matter that you were there from the get-go. It's his now. You want the whole country to be "his" now?

Read this article from the New York Times.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Are you replying to me or someone else? It helps when you actually reply to a post or quote something.

Someone hatch this egg!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I was replying to you and anyone else advocating voting for anyone. Look at the candidates and know what you're getting yourselves into. I wouldn't have any single one of them on a silver platter. You can fry them in butter, but they're still just going to be politicians at the end of the day.

Why would you vote for someone you don't even really like? Why would you advocate others doing the same? Just how is that being responsible on any level?

Government needs to be taken down to a manageable level. The systems we use now are absurd and rife with corruption and sheer evil (for want of a better adjective). We must take it down to a level where people are accountable to each other face to face. Any bigger than that and darkness starts creeping in.

And don't be a jerk. You didn't respond to anyone in particular either. My reply was directly below yours and similarly formatted. Maybe you're not too good at seeing the obvious?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It's this passive approach that has gotten us into the problem in the first place.

Vote.

Or you'll make my bunny cry.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That is certainly not what's gotten us here. The idea that we have to run government the way it's run is what's got us here. That's the first bad idea. All the other bad ideas came after that. Playing the game means you have to play by the rules. People are notoriously insecure and unwilling to stand up for what they really want. If none of the candidates espouse your values, how do you serve anyone by voting for them? Your bunny is gonna have to buy itself a box of tissues.

And just fyi, not voting is only part of the deal. You also have to live so that the BS being laid down by the gov't is irrelevant. You have to strip their power by making that aspect irrelevant in your life. I'm sure anyone dedicated enough to doing this will spark on lots of ideas to do this. If not, pm me and I'll shoot a list back to you.

Starving gov't is the best strategy. They can't force us to support them. They'll understand that once we demonstrate it in earnest.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

*sniff*
*weep*

The thing to do is FIND someone worth votng for and help them succeed. Don't let DC make your choices for you.

Start locally, then go from there.

The system works. You just have to be willing to beat them at their own game.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Better yet, we could recognize that government has outgrown itself. It's going to die. It can fall down hard or it can fall to bits but fall it will. Like I said, if your leaders aren't face-to-face accountable to you and haven't got time to address you as a person, a neighbor and someone of importance to them, then they shouldn't be making calls that affect your life.

You might want to cut the *weep* *sniff* stuff too. Those aren't great signs of maturity or strong communication skills.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by beezzer

Better yet, we could recognize that government has outgrown itself. It's going to die. It can fall down hard or it can fall to bits but fall it will. Like I said, if your leaders aren't face-to-face accountable to you and haven't got time to address you as a person, a neighbor and someone of importance to them, then they shouldn't be making calls that affect your life.

You might want to cut the *weep* *sniff* stuff too. Those aren't great signs of maturity or strong communication skills.

Thanks for the advice.

But I still have faith in our system. It's not damaged so much as the people are.

Get rid of the people currently in?
*bazinga*

All better.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The positions would automatically be filled by their clones. People have to look and why they vote for the people they do before things will change. Why do these campaigns need so much money? Ask yourself that. It's neither necessary nor relevant. What they stand to do for the nation is all that matters. It could be as simple as a printed manifesto published and distributed for all to see. All this pomp and noise is just for show. It's to blind you from the real issues.

Do you really want some arrogant, swaggering bully (that you already know in your heart of hearts is lying to you) for a leader or do you want to be able to take that guy's manifesto to him and say "WTF, dude...You said this and you're not measuring up!" Do you need the entertainment of them ripping each other to shreds, of them "exposing dirty laundry" to somehow perversely put them on the moral high ground?

Wouldn't it be nice to just vote for someone who wants to serve, not for the power but because he has the fortitude to do it? Those people don't run for this kind of office. They aren't self-serving enough. What decent person wants to be president? If you think you would, I would suggest you take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you would trust you to be president. I suspect you wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I agree with much of what you said.

We need to stop all salaries for politicians.
They serve, then they go back to their jobs.

"Public Servant". Remember that term?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
This is why you vote Mittens. I really don't want to, but at least he will be held somewhat accountable if he wishes a reelection. Obama has a potential 4 more years to do whatever he wants. I think wanting to write in Ron Paul is noble, but please don't Paul guys. You may be the difference between restrained evil and evil. Don't think there is a lesser this time.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

lol ?

I think others will do as they please. In fact they'll probably vote for whomever represents them the best.

I'm entirely not surprised that you, Domo, are going to vote for Romney after all your thread destroying nonsense in the past year. Though you'll be hard-pressed in recruiting others to do the same.
edit on 8-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Take away ideology, labels, parties.

People will vote for whomever benefits them the most.

Not for the best person to represent them. They'll vote for the person who'll give them the most.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join