It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who agrees???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I believe in aliens and UFO's and all that, but im starting to get angry. Im getting angry do to over blaming of aliens. Its like we are becoming primative man again but instead of blaming things we couldn't explain on gods we are blaming them on aliens. One recent post suggested that we are in iraq due to aliens. I did a google search of kennedy assianted by aliens and i found a website that had that in the descriptioin under the name of the site. I thinks things are gettin a little out of hand. anyone agree

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think youre looking into this a bit too deeply...they are the same type of people who blame everything bad that happens on the govt, the man, whitey, the weather....take your pick....

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Unfortunately there is a trend these days for people to label those with an alternative take on things as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. This usually negates any form of actual debate on the subject in question and attempts to ridicule anyone with an alternative viewpoint to their own.

I have found that those who tend to use this method of ridicule usually believe only the "official" line on everything. Maybe the thought that we are not always told the truth in important matters scares them?

Sure, there are a lot of crazies out there too who do come up with some really bizarre ideas and theories but it's up to us to read, digest and then discard the dross and give more thought to the remaining possibilities as rational beings. Maybe it's indicative of todays tv culture where a lot of people just don't seem capable of accepting that all may not be as it appears at face value.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If I was a betting man...I wouldnt put my money on 99% of these nuts...yes some possibly can be true...but most are bored people who live in the middle of no-where....getting all there info from cousin ted which he read off the internet...I believe in UFO's myself...and I do believe they do swing by...but thats because of science....and just odd of there being life more advanced then us...not because of some crazys...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is drifting a little but another thing that annoys me is people that are so convinced of one belief that no ammount of evidence can change their mind. Not trying to be mean to religious people, but i think this happens alot with religious people belief in the bible. For example ive talked to people who believe so strongly that we are alone in the universe that no amount of evidence can change their mind of what they think.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Do I believe in intellegant life on other planets? Other course I do, there are billions of planets in a galaxy, and billions of galaxies in the universe, the idea that we're the only ones is quite egotistical if you ask me. The idea that some of these life forms have visited us and possibly taken a few samples is not too far fetched. I mean, let's face it, there is an overwhelming number of reports, some from reliable sources and some corroborated by large numbers of people. However, the idea that the US Gov't is working hand in hand with interstellar forces yet can't find Osama is a bit hard for me to believe.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree alot shadowflux
thats my great post.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

SmokeyTheBear
Im getting angry do to over blaming of aliens. Its like we are becoming primative man again but instead of blaming things we couldn't explain on gods we are blaming them on aliens.

I think its because they want to make themselves believe that aliens are affecting us actively. However, that is not the case, aliens are visiting us passively, and not by direct confrontations.

Also its because people are getting tired of hearing these stories of alien abductions and government's involvment with them. These people are confused as to whether believe in them or not as they have never had any personal experience that would ensure that aliens are actually visiting us. Therefore they make up such stories blaming aliens to relieve their confusions.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by jp1111]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I tend to agree- it seems if something bad is happening then it's automaticaly either a gov't cover up, or an alien agenda, or an gov't alien agenda cover-up. Sometimes things just happen on their own. Governments and aliens not withstanding.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I too find it tedious. People who blame everything on aliens are usually of the david icke fan club.

I believe in aliens, but the only thing I blame on them are possible abductions, a couple crop circles, a few mutilations, and maybe some mysterious power outages locally.

As far as global events, environmental disasters, losing a boyfriend, ect............no. Aliens have nothing to do with that.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't agree.

There isn't a whole lot of extremist alien-are-into-everything opinions anywhere than on the internet where such views can be expressed without much fear of negative reaction of some form. Offline, extraterrestrial conspiracy media usually takes a far less extreme view of what might be happening.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
Do I believe in intellegant life on other planets? Other course I do, there are billions of planets in a galaxy, and billions of galaxies in the universe, the idea that we're the only ones is quite egotistical if you ask me. The idea that some of these life forms have visited us and possibly taken a few samples is not too far fetched. I mean, let's face it, there is an overwhelming number of reports, some from reliable sources and some corroborated by large numbers of people. However, the idea that the US Gov't is working hand in hand with interstellar forces yet can't find Osama is a bit hard for me to believe.

I agree that there is intelligent life on other planets and that there is an overwheling number of reports on alien visitations, some more reliable than others. Putting too much blame on aliens (for local wars, environmental disasters, etc.) may be partially caused by intentional disinformation generated.

However, a few assumptions are being made:

1. That all of the US government is in collusion with the aliens, not certain high level, covert factions;

2. That the Zetan-Greys actually want to help the US find Osama bin Laden; and,

3. That the Zetan-Greys have the technology to find him easily.

I wouldn't make any of these assumptions.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
This is drifting a little but another thing that annoys me is people that are so convinced of one belief that no ammount of evidence can change their mind. Not trying to be mean to religious people, but i think this happens alot with religious people belief in the bible. For example ive talked to people who believe so strongly that we are alone in the universe that no amount of evidence can change their mind of what they think.

Strikes me as odd that most religious folks deny that aliens exist yet their beloved book clearly states that ELOHIM(those who came from the sky) created them in their own likeness...

Elohim are E.T.'s .... Therefore, it is indeed safe to say that aliens are the driving force behind many things happening on Earth...
To deny it is to deny your very existence ...

As for intelligent lifeforms in the Universe?

There has to be intelligent life out there somewhere, considering there is very little to none here on Earth....heh

[edit on 3-10-2004 by ShawNee922]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well, as Calvin from "Calvin&Hobbes" once said, "I think the surest sign of intelligient life somewhere else in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." And I agree almost. Except I'd be happy if somone would explain what ELOHIM meant.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL Aeroquake, I hadn't heard that before......

My bad,

Elohim is the word the author(s) of Genesis used to describe their 'creators" .... In Engish it reads "GOD" ,,,,

Also, My post should have read, For them(religious folks) to deny it is to deny their very existence ....

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Could you give us some examples? Every time I look for new info on the subject I waste a huge amount of time either rehashing or sifting through ALOT of crap. So please, I'm begging, where are these "good" sources?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I think youre looking into this a bit too deeply...they are the same type of people who blame everything bad that happens on the govt, the man, whitey, the weather....take your pick....

The Man (whitey) runs the Government which controls the Weather thru the use of HAARP!
Muhahaha!!!

But the Man is actually a disguised Reptillian!
(or so Icke and his ilk would believe...)

Elohim is the word the author(s) of Genesis used to describe their 'creators"

Some attribute it to mean angels as well. Nowadays, the term is usually connected to the Raelians...
(which are a whole other set of nutcases, hehe...)

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I do not agree, because the problem is not that we are blaming something on aliens, but the problem is that we are blaming something on someone at all. What we do - nature, politics, economics and so on, is our work, either we do it bad or good it is our responsibly, we are not to blame anyone else (Aliens, God or Santa Claus) for things we do badly. That is the problem.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Come on you guys....

I beleive a lot in aliens and in many phony theories...I've always wonder what's goin on out there and under there...

Aliens are here, but they won't show up!!! They do not live in the same astral plane and the gov does'nt want us to see them!!!! There is so much WE DON'T KNOW and that science can't explain...just know that they are here somewhere, some of them work with the gov (probably) some of them are the fallen angels, others are good...they are here for some reasons...the thing u must know is: People never beleive what they CAN'T SEE with their eyes

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[edit on 5/10/04 by Amelia]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear

the bible doesn't exclude aliens,it's the people that do

I know tons of atheists that won't believe either

top topics

<<   2 >>

join