It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps is going 3-D!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Google 3D Maps!!

Google revealed today it is set to fly camera planes above a host of cities to add an incredible new 3-D experience to its maps service. The internet search giant preempted an expected announcement by rival Apple by saying a fleet of small, camera-equipped airplanes will be deployed to snap every inch of its target cities. It is the next step of Google's controversial plan to create a photo-based map of the world. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... l#ixzz1x3xlkNEa

Seems that remember the Google cars. Enter the Google planes!! Google will be running planes around cities to make 3D maps. This is the next generation of Maps from google..

edit on 073030p://6America/ChicagoWed, 06 Jun 2012 19:51:42 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thats insane. Allot of city's are built around occult secrets. I wonder if we will be able to uncover more?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
That's pretty awesome.
The stuff we saw in those old sci-fi movies are quickly becoming public tech.
i can't imagine that being cheap.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is gonna be pretty awesome stuff, I can't wait til it is implemented, although I doubt it will run as smoothly on a mobile phone as it will on a computer with 4 Nvidia GTX 680s hehe

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Guess I need that AMD 7770 after all...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
And upcoming shooters will be found in a city near you
or even in YOUR town...
Imagine Need for speed X, GTA X and any other
FPS in the environment of GoogleMaps........

new topics

top topics

join