It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas Edison was an idiot; Tesla was the greatest geek EVER!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why Tesla Was the Greatest Geek EVER to Have LIVED!

The hyperlink takes you to a large, scroll-down picture that humorously documents Tesla's contributions while bashing the hell out of Edison. It's very entertaining and worth a look, but it's quite informative as well for people who don't know about Tesla and his relationship with Edison.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
By the way, they left out the whole fact that Hippoltyte Pixii invented AC current.

Hippolyte Pixii (1808–1835) was an instrument maker from Paris, France. In 1832 he built an early form of alternating current electrical generator, based on the principle of magnetic induction discovered by Michael Faraday. Pixii's device was a spinning magnet, operated by a hand crank, where the North and South poles passed over a coil with an iron core.

Link

Tesla improved on it with three phase, but he sure as hell wasn't the inventor. Credit goes to Faraday as well...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I like that Tesla was able to shoot fireballs out of his butt while sucking energy from the universe through the aether, all the while while solving mysteries like how black holes are formed, time travel and anti-gravity.

Swell guy.

Um, ok...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
edison was more than a wanna be inventor stealing from all of his associates and assistant and getting involved in lible and defamation. apparently from the various sources I've read he was also an asshole too.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I like this part most:

Tesla also suffered from a disorder we now commonly refer to as "being bat# insane." Tesla hallucinated and often had a hard time differentiating between reality and his imagination....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I once gave an oral presentation about how awesome Tesla was. The best part was that my presentation directly followed a guy who gave his presentation on Edison.

It was pretty epic.

I started my presentation with this intro:
"Thomas Edison was a dick, let me tell you about Nicola Tesla."

That other guy was so pissed off.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nice to see Tesla finally starting to get the recognition he deserves. it's questionable that Hippoltyte Pixii's generator was practical while Teslas fathered our modern electrical world.
edit on 6-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Harout! What kinda douche bag electrocutes elephants and tries to use peoples lack of understanding to swing that as a "Be afraid of what that guys doing" campaign. Expecially when his version would have had the same outcome. I guess he left that part out :/

Edison will be forever known as a pole smoker...

Edit. I just watched episode 1 of the new Tron animated series. Ooh made by Disney and the "Bad Guy" is named Tesla.............

Is a company trying to place the name Tesla with a negative association of the youth of tomorrow?.

Screw you Disney. Illuminati scum to the core. too much MKultra connections with Disney...
edit on 6-6-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Thomas Edison was an idiot; Tesla was the greatest geek EVER!

Au contraire, Edison was anything but an idiot - he was very shrewd, quite crafty, one might say. He was a canny employer of inventors and had a cunning intellect to ensure his profitability. He always had a scheme or two of making sure his (or one of his employee's) inventions became the standard for production in any new field.

Tesla was a mad genius when it came to inventing but he sucked at business.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

He was a racist, lying, thieving scumbag who like to electrocute animals in times square..i live in ft myers fl where his winter estate is..i have to hear all the time about what a wonderful man he was...if he didn't have Henry Fords money to play with he'd of been just another run of the mill inventor..he also dicked us over on the light bulb..big time..you are correct sir..100% asshole

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I can't believe he hasn't posted in this thread yet.....you all know who I'm talking about......
Thanks for the link! Big fan of Tesla.
Edison....not so much.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Mr. Thomas Edison was an Idiot?
After a comment like that, judging a man that helped build the ideas you use for powering your computer,, I really have to wonder who the idiot really is..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

judging a man that helped build the ideas you use for powering your computer

Edison was actively trying to thwart the ideas we use for powering our computers. Edison waged a war against the use of AC. If we had gone with his ideas, we'd be using DC with a power station on every block. Tesla only prevailed because of Westinghouse's intervention and rivalry with Edison. Edison only came around to AC when it was all but inevitable it was the way to go. Tesla got royally screwed by Edison on many of his patents and was never paid for the work he did for Edison on his dynamo design.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Nice to see Tesla finally starting to get the recognition he deserves. it's questionable that Hippoltyte Pixii's generator was practical while Teslas fathered our modern electrical world.
edit on 6-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Well, that's the same as saying all the inventions Edison marketed and patented were questionable until he got his hands on them. I guess you only argue semantics in Tesla's favor?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thomas Edison was also a freemason. Tesla claimed to "know all the secrets of the pyramids" and hid secret boxes full of inventions and schematics and writings all over the world ^_^

The plot thickens.
edit on 7-6-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Edison was a great businessman but a mediocre scientist. Tesla was a brilliant scientist but a terrible businessman. It's unfortunate our society is structured in a way that rewards the good businessman in situations like this.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
Edit. I just watched episode 1 of the new Tron animated series. Ooh made by Disney and the "Bad Guy" is named Tesla.............

Is a company trying to place the name Tesla with a negative association of the youth of tomorrow?.

Screw you Disney. Illuminati scum to the core. too much MKultra connections with Disney...

I seem to recall he was also portrayed as a villain in an old superman cartoon. Makes ya wonder.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Edison was a great businessman but a mediocre scientist. Tesla was a brilliant scientist but a terrible businessman. It's unfortunate our society is structured in a way that rewards the good businessman in situations like this.

hya
tesla was not interested in money
and marconi used several patents of teslas
edit on 7-6-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That was a fun link.

Related to building things in his mind, he was also able to visualize them running for periods of time and mentally he could inspect them for wear and tear. So in his own mind he ran the machine and found its weak points before it was even made.

He also invented a badass turbine pump. You can make one out of a few parts and produce electricity from water or air, or pump those items with a motor.

It sounds awesome when its running too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join