It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is weird ......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Watch this video where Peter Brown says that if you are not dumb founded you are not noticing how strange this is.
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I get a little freaked every time I think on how we want to raise our kids. We want them to respect their parents and elders (authority), but protest government and police brutality (authority). We hope they grow up to be polite, but still able to kick the sh out of those that would screw them over. They should be assertive, but not aggressive. Rich, but not greedy. Smart, but not know-it-alls. Ambitious, but not workaholics. Laid back, but not so far back as to live on welfare.

Parenting takes special skills, and when those skills don't work (because NO ONE is going to raise a kid to be Superman or Jesus), then we hope to hell our kids learned to spell so they can write to us - from prison.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

People teach their children to fit in to a sick society.
Let the children teach us love.

Children don't stand a chance when we want so much from them. Do we welcome them to the world? Or do we make demands on them, telling them that they have to shape up and be what is expected of them. Maybe the children have something new for us. But the matrix won't allow for free thinking, free living.
You are being until the world tells you that you have to do, then you believe you are a human doing.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I grew up in the 80's and 90's - but what I notice with my children, is that I teach them much of what my parents taught me. What I notice, kids are smarter than we were at that age. Or maybe they just have so much more to learn so soon.

I remember it was during winter and this was a few years ago. Anyhow, it was a wet, sloppy winter with plenty of fresh blankets of snow to play in. It was also the tail end of winter, soon to be over. Problem is, I never notice anyone really playing outside anymore. At the time I just had my two girls, but we waited for dad to get home, bundled up and went outside. We made snow men and had a snowball war.

The next day I had to work. When I came home, the line of houses down the road had snowmen. It felt pretty good, to do something that triggered in others enough nostalgia, to get their kids outside and teach them how to play in the snow. It was another weird moment that I had.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I very much agree with the OP! I was curious if this is how we are supposed to live day by day. I feel whenever go out for a walk. That I feel bored and feel trapped in this society where there is no freedom. Working 8 hours a day becomes a need. I hate the fact we need to rely on our jobs to survive. Imagine if everything was just given to us? Food, shelter, travel anywhere in the world. Would we become even more fat and lazy? I think I would be happier though. Hell would I ever love to go to the beach everyday!

We are not supposed to live the way we currently are. We had lost our identity, instead we've become slaves.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

You would love the satirical fantasy books of Terry Pratchett. As a starting point I'd recommend "Small Gods" it's hilarious. The mirth factor is very very high.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have moments like this almost every day...thoughts like these create a deep sense of wonder and appreciation and I am great full I am able to even see from this perspective.

The human life is just one way of life, think of the possibilities...........

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Im really happy to hear so many people have thoughts like this, they are very helpful thoughts as they push one to perceive the human life from a non biased perspective...Creation is such an amazing mystery, and to know all of creation is happening now, think of the infinite reality being experienced at this very moment........

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

And I.

OT:

Great thread, these moments are what define you as a human being.

The fact that you've made a thread about it only means one thing....

You have started your quest for answers.

A great place to start, as everybody has experienced coincidences with meaning:

Synchronicity

www.dailymotion.com...

edit on 7/6/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm just glad that there's something and not nothing, which I think it infinitely better. It's good, the creation, whatever it is..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join