It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As bill to legalize West Bank neighborhood fails, Netanyahu promises new settlement construction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is Kafkaesque.

After the Knesset voted down a bill aimed at legalizing homes on the Ulpana Hill neighborhood in the West Bank settlement of Beit El, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Housing and Construction Minister Ariel Atias decided on Wednesday to order the construction of an additional 551 housing units in West Bank settlements.

www.haaretz.com...

Netanyahus coalition rejects the "legalisation" of this tiny settlement on Palestinian private land while authorising further building on Israeli deemed "legal settlements".

Now there is the exact opposite of a partner for peace, right there.

Intifada Mark III is required for and from the Palestinians in the form of mass civil disobedience.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
do you think the palestinians are stupid.

you know what would happen if a million palestinians marched on jerusalem demanding freedom.

even if they were all holding hands and singing kumbaya my lord, it'll be a massacre not witnessed since the battle of gallipoli during world war 1, or the slaughter of the entire roman legion (70,000) by hannibal during the second punic war at cannae.

and then, after 0 images and reports by the msm , you'll see hillary clinton on cnn spewing the usual garbage that comes out of her mouth.

re-hashing old classics like "israel has the right to defend itself (ignoring the fact they were unarmed and peaceful)" and "protesting is not helpful to the peace process (wtf?)"

edit on 6-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

do you think the palestinians are stupid.

Should I assume that is a question?

If so, no I do not. They are a highly educated and politicised people. In so much that they can trace their history of resistance and find that concessions are only ever offered their way when they rise up, i.e. Intifada in the late 80's early 90's,(Israel recognised that they were a people and a two state solution was acknowledged as a route to peace and deligitimised Israels occupation to the rest of the world) Intifada in early 2000's(

I'm not suggesting suicide attacks on civilians as that can never be condoned.

The first Intifada did show however that through mass civil disobedience such as a refusal to pay taxes and/or in this case the PA resigning forcing the IDF to take control of the West Bank, they may be able to force the conflict and its resolution into the UN arena and away from the domination of Israel and the Quartet.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You can sometimes find granules of truth by looking at the rightist reaction to events in Israel.

From Ynet

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, in a move meant to placate the Right following the failed vote on the settlement regulation bill, has approved new construction in West Bank settlements. The bill, which attempted evade a High Court ruling ordering the eviction of five homes in Beit El's Ulpana neighborhood, was voted down 69:22.

www.ynetnews.com...

It isn't so much an attempt to placate the right, rather just a continuation of policy since 1967.

More from the Ynet piece

"International law presents several problems regarding the creation of a de facto civilian enclave in the middle of a military zone in the West Bank," a legal source told Ynet, adding that the proposed "rezoning" was a complex issue.

"Complex" as in illegal?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This charade is presented as an attack on the settler movement in the New York Times.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel seemed headed for a showdown with hard-core Jewish settlers on Wednesday, after his ministers followed his instructions to vote against a draft bill that would have retroactively legalized illegally built settler homes in the West Bank.

Addressing those he called his “brothers and sisters” in the settler movement, Mr. Netanyahu said: “I understand your pain. I share it.” He added, “There is no government that supports, or will support, settlement more than my government.”

But settlers raged. Hundreds converged on Jerusalem on Wednesday to protest in front of the Supreme Court and Parliament. About 50 settlers staged a hunger strike here over the last week, while others arrived after a three-day march from Beit El, about 10 miles north of Jerusalem. Young demonstrators tried to block roads and burned tires.

www.nytimes.com... =middleeast

The settlers(colonialists) many of who fly in from foreign countries to take up the subsidies offered by the government and to reclaim Judea & Samaria as they call it, are nuts and extremely dangerous.

This is nothing but a game. Israel will never remove the settlements until they are physically and rhetorically forced to by the US/UN.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I do not know what was typed above. Feel free to private message me if it has any coherence and or logic.

Gideon Levy asks the question, After Ulpana ordeal, are the Palestinian landowners closer to justice?

www.haaretz.com...

top topics

join