It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican spokesman: ‘Let's hurl some acid' at female Democratic senators

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

It's all about manipulating the headline.

Just by going by the headline alone, some would think this guy is a bigwig in the Republican party. I know that was my initial thought.

If this was a Democrat the headline would have went something like this.....wait never mind, it would not have been reported on in the first place.

No, it would have been reported on. Fox News would have headlines everywhere "Democratic spokesman converts to Republican Party!!" or something of that nature since the statement and action is very indicative of what Fox News supports as one of it's basic values.... if you can't win at the polls or by screaming at them, attack them physically.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Maybe it is my perception, but is he not mocking the venom that Tom was displaying? A sort of "If you are such a tough guy and so outraged, why aren't you doing this....?"

I mean it sure didn't sound like he was praising nor supporting Tom's position in the first place. Poor choice of words for a "wordsmith" and "image builder" that a political speechwriter is supposed to be. Might explain why he lost to Chuck Schumer in that Senate race by 18 points.

But never let a misspeak go to waste when your job is media spin to create bias and mock outrage. That is the new definition of journalism, is it not?

The frightening part is that some "less than average" guy somewhere with violent tendencies now has the idea in his head that he needs to throw acid at people because his party told him to and it will produce physical violence of some sort.

<< 1   >>

join