It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican spokesman: ‘Let's hurl some acid' at female Democratic senators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Nice!

Townsend's comments (which have since been removed) were posted Thursday on a local Facebook discussion forum for New York's 19 th congressional district. Townsend was responding to comments made by a commenter named "Tom" during an online debate over gas prices. Townsend wrote:

"Listen to Tom. What a little bee he has in his bonnet. Buzz Buzz. My question today … when is Tommy boy going to weigh in on all the Lilly Ledbetter hypocrites who claim to be fighting the War on Women? Let's hurl some acid at those female democratic Senators who won't abide the mandates they want to impose on the private sector."

now I'm sure that there's idiot democrats too, so I'm using this as an example of how your partisan politics are turning really f-ing nasty, rather than an attack on R's in general!

How do you expect to be a shining light of morality, a beacon of democracy, liberty, motherhood, apple pie and the American way if you let these dorks into power??

As the citizen of a small, "western", English speaking country that used to "look up" to the USA I experience a considerable amount of dismay about where "you" are leading the western world!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The guy is a bonehead, and should step down. This isn't partisan, but rather the right thing to do. Just beat the Dems in the polls, and win that way.

sarcasm on ... No need to make their women look better.
... sarcasm off

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

No difference between the two parties whatsoever. The only thing they have in common, is destroying our country by dividing us by the useless rhetoric that they feed the general population on a daily basis.

Sadly, even though we have history to teach us the tactic of "divide and conquer" people still allow their egos to guide them right where TPTB want them.

Sad indeed!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It is outrageous, and downright idiotic, pretty much like all of the other flaming tactics republican conservatives use. From bumper stickers to Rush Limbaugh, republicans have taken up some pretty nasty ways of disrespecting opposers.

This dumba** should lose his job for saying such a thing!
Maby he was joking................Throwing acid on people isn't very funny from what I have seen!
These people are all nuts!
edit on 6-6-2012 by llmacgregor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Doesn't this guy read the news?

Throwing acid is soooooo 4 years ago.
He should have asked that we all snort some bath salts and go zombie on some bitches!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Seems the people running for sheriff are really crazy.

How about JT Ready running for sheriff in Pinal County, Arizona. He killed his family including a baby. He was ex neo-nazi? Not too sure about the ex part. And a border vigilante.

www.abc15.com...

And then you have James Bartee running for sheriff in Oconee County, North Carolina. He attempted to kidnap a judge who wanted the ex secret service agent removed from the ballot. He was in charge of Michele Bachmann security recently while she was running for president.

news.yahoo.com...

Both of these guys have ties to politicians that many would say are nuts. And these guys truely showed they were nuts.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I clicked on this thread because it seemed so strange that a spokesman for the Republican party would say such a thing. Unfortunately there is no context provided, but it was still pretty extreme for the Republican party, it's the sort of thing you would expect from labor leaders or members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Of course, really bizarre things are nearly never quite as they are reported.

It made a difference to me to learn from the OP's source (but not the OP) that the tweeter was not running for office and does not hold any office. Also he is not a spokesman for the Republican party, but is employed by a Republican candidate.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How can a spokesman for a single member of Congress all of a sudden turn into a spokesman for the entire Republican party?

Typical liberal media headline. It's really blatant and disgusting how they report stuff like this.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I clicked on this thread because it seemed so strange that a spokesman for the Republican party would say such a thing. Unfortunately there is no context provided, but it was still pretty extreme for the Republican party, it's the sort of thing you would expect from labor leaders or members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

It made a difference to me to learn from the OP's source (but not the OP) that the tweeter was not running for office and does not hold any office. Also he is not a spokesman for the Republican party, but is employed by a Republican candidate.

Yeah and worst part not even her spokesman hes a congressional staff member in her office really?Ok one of her secretaries got upset and after reading his comments he didnt mean to literally hurl acid either.He was referring in a more biblical sense where acis is the same as hate or bile.But somehow this is an attack by republicans on women ok if everyone thinks so.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
How can a spokesman for a single member of Congress all of a sudden turn into a spokesman for the entire Republican party?

Typical liberal media headline. It's really blatant and disgusting how they report stuff like this.

Give it a couple of hours and the leftists will be calling him a spokesman for Romney.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
sarcasm on ... No need to make their women look better.
... sarcasm off

That's there's funny because it's totally true.
There is no Republican war on women, it's just a war on ugly women, all you have to do is look at them.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Pathetic how you dont' bother with the truth - he's a republican, and he's a spokesman for a republican, so he's a republican spokesman.

nowhere does the article say he was a spokesman for the republican party - in fact it correctly points out his exact position in the very first paragraph:

Jay Townsend, a campaign spokesman for Republican Rep. Nan Hayworth (NY-19) has ignited a controversy after he said, "Let's hurl some acid" at female Democratic senators.

Get over yourself!

edit on 6-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That's a disgusting thing for anybody to say.

He'd fit right in in some parts of the world where it is culturally acceptable for someone to throw acid and disfigure someone for the rest of their life.

That's where we should send him.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
That's a disgusting thing for anybody to say.

He'd fit right in in some parts of the world where it is culturally acceptable for someone to throw acid and disfigure someone for the rest of their life.

That's where we should send him.

I just think he miss used an old term instead of saying hurling venom this idiot thinks acid while typing.You know he has to seem all smart on blogs so to show his superiority he he screws up an adage.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Pathetic how you dont' bother with the truth - he's a republican, and he's a spokesman for a republican, so he's a republican spokesman.

nowhere does the article say he was a spokesman for the republican party - in fact it correctly points out his exact position in the very first paragraph:

Jay Townsend, a campaign spokesman for Republican Rep. Nan Hayworth (NY-19) has ignited a controversy after he said, "Let's hurl some acid" at female Democratic senators.

Get over yourself!

edit on 6-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

It's all about manipulating the headline.

Just by going by the headline alone, some would think this guy is a bigwig in the Republican party. I know that was my initial thought.

If this was a Democrat the headline would have went something like this.....wait never mind, it would not have been reported on in the first place.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
www.linkedin.com...

I’ve devoted my career to helping political candidates communicate clearly, crisply and concisely. More than 300 candidates for public office have benefited from my help—including presidential candidates, U.S. Senators, Governors, Members of Congress, County Executives, Legislators and Judges.

What are the services I provide? I write speeches and train candidates to clearly deliver their message with words that paint pictures inside the head of the listener; produce television and radio ads, persuasion mail pieces and advertising copy that clearly conveys why they are running and what they want to do with the job if they get it; train candidates on how to deal with hostile reporters, handle the press, hold their own in radio and television interviews and how to comport themselves in debates; devise advertising strategies that clearly define the election, and the choice on the ballot to give my clients a competitive edge.

I also conduct seminars and workshops for candidates on how to define the election, how to raise money, conduct a survey, budget a campaign, devise and execute an advertising strategy, make the most of free media and monitor the pressure points in a campaign to keep it on track. My services also include campaign consulting services and individual coaching/training.

More than 300 candidates for public office. I would say he is a big wig in the Republican Party.

Associations: American Association of Political Consultants Be A Speaker (learn, share, grow) Campaigns & Elections Frank Scaturro for Congress 2012 Friends of Republican Candidates (The FORCE) NSA-NYC - National Speakers Assn. New York City Chapter Need A Speaker / Be A Speaker POLITICS Jobs Political Campaign Consultants, Managers & Candidates Purdue Alumni Republican National Committee Republican Party Republican Professionals Social Media Strategies and Tactics in Political Campaigns SpeakerMatch The Political Coffeehouse

He also with Frank Scaturro for Congress 2012 New York.

Here he is on Fox News talking about the 08 elections.

edit on 7-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Yeah and worst part not even her spokesman hes a congressional staff member in her office really?Ok one of her secretaries got upset and after reading his comments he didnt mean to literally hurl acid either.He was referring in a more biblical sense where acis is the same as hate or bile.But somehow this is an attack by republicans on women ok if everyone thinks so.

I'm sure he didn't mean he was going to literally hurl acid in her face because that's a criminal behavior and would ruin his career. However he did mean it to be an insult just like when any other person is mad and insults someone through violent words.

It doesn't even seem remotely biblical either. Maybe if he said "she should be stoned to death" sure biblical. He's just mad cause he got caught saying he wanted to throw acid in her face.

Can we please get rid of this deadly War Machine government already and start implementing a new better government.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Maybe it is my perception, but is he not mocking the venom that Tom was displaying? A sort of "If you are such a tough guy and so outraged, why aren't you doing this....?"

I mean it sure didn't sound like he was praising nor supporting Tom's position in the first place. Poor choice of words for a "wordsmith" and "image builder" that a political speechwriter is supposed to be. Might explain why he lost to Chuck Schumer in that Senate race by 18 points.

But never let a misspeak go to waste when your job is media spin to create bias and mock outrage. That is the new definition of journalism, is it not?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
No GOP war on women?

Look who voted against equal pay for equal work.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

All republicans.

This is the attitude that gives the democrats a winning edge in 2012.

It's this kind of rhetoric that makes me ashamed to be a republican.

Do you think this type of hate filled rhetoric won't be used against the GOP in the coming elections?
This dumbass remark will show up in every debate and turn women into democrats; as well it should.
It's like the GOP wants to lose.
edit on 7-6-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

On the contrary, I see it as representing the republican mindset in truth and precision. They are a very violent lot with serious issues concerning intelligence. The democrats, on the other hand, are "violently passive" but are also void of much intelligence in many cases, just not to the same extent as the republican party which is why I lean somewhat left as opposed to right as far as political parties go.
We, the people, have been advocating the need to do away with the two party system for decades now, if not longer. Both parties are controlled by the minority extremists because those are the ones who scream the loudest and it's detrimental to each party as well as the rest of us who make up the "silent majority".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join