It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of Gaddafi caused a Plague of Locusts in Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Gadhafi had in place a organised pest control system
to avoid losing crops and have a risk of famine in his country
This is not looking good and almost look like a bad omen

Remind me a scene from The Reaping

The Arab Spring and the fall of Colonel Gaddafi have continued to have long-lasting effects across the entire African continent, after agricultural experts warned of swarms of locusts about to move from Libya into neighbouring countries.
The Food and Agricultural Organisation of the UN has warned that following the death of Libya's despot leader, thousands of the pests have been allowed to breed and move across the nation's poorly-monitored borders.
Experts believe that croplands in neighbouring Niger and Mali are now at imminent risk after locust swarms moved south from Libya and Algeria.

People in Africa are suffering of heavy famine already
that swarm of locust will kill millions more
and Gadhafi knew about the urgency to put a good pest control system

The deposed Libyan leader was killed by rebel fighters in October last year, with thousands of kilometres of land left vulnerable ever since
The effective and well-controlled pest control scheme used during Gaddafi's reign as leader is said to have disintegrated since his death.
The winged insects can eat their own weight in food each day, with the fall of Gaddafi said to be an 'enormous factor' in their spread across North Africa.
Keith Cressman, FAO senior locust forecasting officer, told the Financial Times: 'The fall of Gaddafi was an enormous factor, to be honest.

Link

This is what happen when you interven in another country and arm terrorists

They have underestimate the unforeseen consequences

Same thing with Saddam in Iraq
look in what position is Iraq right now .. still fighting and bombing each day

The domino effect will be painfull from the unbalance those wars have caused
edit on 6/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yea makes me sick in my stomic, when the west, helps these terrorist to help their cause/agenda of the west, while before (and now), they told us these wars is about terrorist and so justified.

I already was mad when I heard about these lies with Iraq (even before the invasion I knew it was bull#), such things just is hard to digest.

Perhaps these financial problems we face over here now, are like a plague of locusts in return, so justified?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
Yea makes me sick in my stomic, when the west, helps these terrorist to help their cause/agenda of the west, while before (and now), they told us these wars is about terrorist and so justified.

I already was mad when I heard about these lies with Iraq (even before the invasion I knew it was bull#), such things just is hard to digest.

Perhaps these financial problems we face over here now, are like a plague of locusts in return, so justified?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

The 9/11 Cover up of Bush

The economy was in perfect shape before 9/11
after 11 yrs .. it costed dozen of trillions just in wars
for their hidden agenda .. they have sucked dry the worldwide economy
its because of them that compagnies around the world are closing

i have been working my ass off since i was 15yrs old
i never had any trouble looking for a job
recently i was layoff by my employer because the compagny was closing its door
in 8 yrs .. this is the THIRD TIME i work at a place and they close for financial reasons
laying off thousand of employees

How can build your futur when you depend on a money that doesnt worth s*** anymore
im flaming to mate .. you are not the only one alone in this position
the main culpit was the ones who really organised 9/11 .. and thats a fact
edit on 6/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Seems appropriate about now..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just so people understand how grave the situation will be if swarm of locust spread

so far the experts say they will inevitably spread to neighborhood country

Gadhafi was the only one in the region to have a proper pest control system in place

Africa looks like it might be hit once more by a food crisis, this time in the arid Sahel region of Western Africa. But the good news is that the world’s Famine Early Warning System (FEWS) is giving West African countries and donor nations a period of time to prepare, says the aid group Oxfam.

Famine in the Horn of Africa: why the world is slow to respond UN declares famine in Somalia: How to help Somalia famine spreads to new region in south; warning issued on aid Topics

Social Issues Foreign Aid Economic Development Food Security and Hunger Economic Issues International Relations Political Policy Early reports suggest that as many as 6 million people in Niger and 2.9 million people in Mali live in vulnerable areas, where low rainfall, falling groundwater levels, poor harvests, lack of pastureland, rising food prices, and a drop in remittances from family members living abroad are starting to take their toll..

Famine Alert in Africa 2012

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The question now is are the world leaders idiots, or did they know this would happen to kill millions more.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by Ben81

The question now is are the world leaders idiots, or did they know this would happen to kill millions more.

They know .. many keep telling them about the grave famine situation in Africa
getting worst

This is what i dont understand with this world
its okay wasting trillions of dollar per yrs in wars
but in their view it would be a real waste
they have given a few billions of dollars so far
but compare to money going to the wars .. it is nothing
they know that little money will only help a few thousand of people surviving another yrs

They should invest in a better ways
water generator to filter and create water from fresh air
more medicine and building ways to product food very fast

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

what makes me sick to my stomach is knowing that i have contributed to this situation simply by paying my taxes. i really wish there was a way to stop being part of all this bull and i wish we could all just learn to get along, but TPTB have managed to control every aspect of life that i know this just isn't possible. hearing of situations like this which are totally unavoidable makes me cry every time, this is not the way life is supposed to be....

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I totally agree with you.
Since 9/11, the whole world has suffered and it will continue unless the people of the world realise who the real criminals are.
We have to keep waking our family, friends and neighbours to what is actually going on.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

hello again, i'm quite suprised that this thread only has 8 flags, maybe not enough people have seen this thread yet as i know there are a hell of a lot more people on ats that would want to know about this situation, we need to keep this thread alive until more people have seen it,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

My guess is that if there were a ticker indicating how many people viewed the thread, but did not flag it, might shed light on the reason.

Initially I read the title as "Africa caused Gadhafi's death and so is plagued with locust", now that I read further it is the resulting loss of his infrastrature that was prevented the locusts from forming in the first place.
edit on 6/11/2012 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join