It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 5, 2012 "Fact or Faked" Florida UFO Footage

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Okay, here is what I think- my 2cents -

I love the whole field of UFO investigation and was an investigator on two spectacular cases over 20 years ago.
The footage is very interesting.
This, however, is what you have to keep in mind about SyFy....
Their executives used to instruct many of their producers to discredit paranormal events or at least not support the idea that any of this is real, except for Ghost Hunters which everyone in the industry knows is faked. The execs finally got a clue and realized that their audience doesn't like debunkers. They WANT to believe. All of a sudden, within the last 6 months, I heard they have changed their production policy to give the audience what they want to see. So as far as I'm concerned anything on the SyFy network is suspect. Is it real or is it marketing?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee63
At the end of the show they left the case open, maybe to revisit the area...like a sequel type thing, just like they do in movies
plus I'm sure its very expensive to just t camp out there as someone mentioned.

The black lines that shadowed the water was really freaky...I mean who would make something like that up. I'm really surprised they didn't bring that part up...as it was the most interesting footage in my opinion.
Yeah the black lines....it was all so eerie and green. They didn't make it up....they allowed you to make it up yourself. Campings not expensive. it's the Hotels, limos, makeup and all the film crew they have to take with them. No to mention that the have to pay all the actors! IT WASN'T A REAL CAMPING TRIP!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Interesting theatrical production here.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Interesting theatrical production here.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I'm really looking forward to your little back yard experiment...when can we expect the better footage ?

Putting all the bad actors and BS aside, there is still something very strange caught on camera in both videos which no one has an answer for except speculation from both sides.

I look forward to the video analysis.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't know, and hating to burst any bubbles, but what about poachers looking for Alligators or some nocternal game.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Jesus Christ look how many stars and flags this thread got! TOTAL BS. Again, people buying into # immediately. Let me ask you UFO guys a question. Why would the UFO's appear now? If these guys arrived thousands of years ago, studied us, plants and all the animals, what would be the point of them revealing themselves now? Let me tell you another thing, we are slowly moving into cloaking technology, and i would imagine these ET guys would already have that technology. (if they can run across star systems)

It just gets so CRAZY doesn't it? You guys always buy into this # for no reason. Wow its a TV show, based on ratings, based on money, GEE I cant even imagine the effort into putting some CGI into their show. Of course Aliens wouldn't reveal themselves so easily, even then if they arrived here thousands of years ago, there would be no point in them coming at all anymore!

None of you will address this point because none of you have an honest answer. Believe what you want to believe. No wonder 46% of this country believes in creationism! Everyone is full of # nowadays.

It's unbelievable how many narrow minded non- critical thinking lunatics are out there. And they all vote.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee63
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

I'm really looking forward to your little back yard experiment...when can we expect the better footage ?

It will be the next 2 second youtube video that makes its way through ats that people say is an orb craft from outer space. Probably tonight sometime.

Putting all the bad actors and BS aside, there is still something very strange caught on camera in both videos which no one has an answer for except speculation from both sides.

Here is the speculation. Its an orb craft from space or its something else ordinary that the tv show producers want you to think is an orb craft. The part you are missing is that we only see what they want us to see. How many hours of footage do you think they have that they are not showing? What was the time and date of the event? Can we see the raw unedited video to make sure its not sped up? Because we don't have basic info we can only speculate or IMAGINE what it could be.

I look forward to the video analysis.

Not from me. My expertise is psychological analysis.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The drammatisation is too much for me to take it seriously.
2nd

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

Well, it was definitely scripted, which made it too bogus for me. I don't watch stuff like that though unless it turns up here.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

WTF ... thats weird looking... I mean even Steven Spielberg has trouble making this kind of stuff with a small budget! Close encounters of the third kind the next chapter right...?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Loophole

The tracking camera captured the reflection in the water as well. You may not believe, but that is your opinion. I found it significant

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by IGotAllDay

Sorry but thst object moves nothing like a bird. I really
dont understand how people have come to the conclusion
that its a bird.

Something tells me you have no idea what a bird looks like or moves like in IR.

Until you can describe exactly why it doesn't move like a bird, you words are meaningless. I've seen birds move way more erratic than you see in this dumb video.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69

Jesus Christ look how many stars and flags this thread got! TOTAL BS. Again, people buying into # immediately. Let me ask you UFO guys a question. Why would the UFO's appear now? If these guys arrived thousands of years ago, studied us, plants and all the animals, what would be the point of them revealing themselves now? Let me tell you another thing, we are slowly moving into cloaking technology, and i would imagine these ET guys would already have that technology. (if they can run across star systems)

It just gets so CRAZY doesn't it? You guys always buy into this # for no reason. Wow its a TV show, based on ratings, based on money, GEE I cant even imagine the effort into putting some CGI into their show. Of course Aliens wouldn't reveal themselves so easily, even then if they arrived here thousands of years ago, there would be no point in them coming at all anymore!

None of you will address this point because none of you have an honest answer. Believe what you want to believe. No wonder 46% of this country believes in creationism! Everyone is full of # nowadays.

It's unbelievable how many narrow minded non- critical thinking lunatics are out there. And they all vote.

Please, enlighten us with your superior knowledge on extra-terrestrial behavior, oh almighty.
edit on 7-6-2012 by reflexlm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5pooky
reply to post by Loophole

The tracking camera captured the reflection in the water as well. You may not believe, but that is your opinion. I found it significant
Really? What kind of tracking system did they use? Camera? Software? I honestly don't know a lot about this stuff but I want to learn about what they used. It looks an aweful lot like some free code I have been playing with. I am just wondering if it's the Same thing.

How big do you think that object was? Bird sized?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The panhandle has been a huge hot spot ever since Ed Walters sightings. In fact, Florida overall is a UFO magnetic with lot's of military action year-round. I can look up on any given evening just about and see something unconventional flying around. It's almost more the rule now-a-days than the exception.

But I agree OP, they captured something phenomenal but I don't trust television so the best advice is take it for what it's worth and just consider the (media) source at all times.

S&F

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

My 2 cents on this episode. Is this real? Possibly. Was it faked? Possible as well. I am staying open minded. I do watch FoF regularly if nothing else is on and they do occasionally surprise me.

Is FoF scripted? I highly believe so. Even 'Mythbusters' admits to some scripting (dropping egg off roof ep.), but I truly believe Mythbusters just enjoy blowing stuff up. In FoF, every other week their walkie talkies appear to be cut off for some unexplained reason which is never explained later and there is typically "Are you there? Come in? Is ANYBODY there?" and then a commerical (which I HATE). So yes, I think scripting can be confirmed.

To confirm scripting, this season I believe, FoF wanted to investigate some Big Foot like clip. I forget the presenter at the start of the show, but they showed a 2nd video from a different person from the same area as justification to investigate. Sadly, somehow none of the other 5 pointed out they debunked the 2nd clip in a previous season and ran similar tests again? So if it ain't scripted, these guys are idiots. Yes, even Jael, but she has my hot vote.

As to why they didn't do more? Again on MythBusters, they often say they cannot put everything into one episode. Hence their aftershow online. So who is to say there was not more investigating that we never seen?

Time line to when ep was shot: I am guessing the within 6 months, since the original vid they tried to debunk was shot late last year.

CGI? It can be recreated with CGI (the zooming object that is) with even the reflection on the water. But at least part of that water would have to be CGI as well. As to the bird theory, really? Even if you could focus a high beam of light on a bird, you're saying they knew they bird's exact flight plan? Even I am not that dumb. But if FoF comes out and says "yes, it was bird and we faked it", then I'll be first to admit I am dumb.

From what they showed on this episode, it can be easily recreated. Well, maybe not easily, but yes, it can be redone. However, it would be saying this was a known hoax from the start and everyone on FoF knew it. Now I won't go as far to say that because I have seen unexplained things in the sky (twice with another witness), so it is possible they caught something and did not make this episode up. Why not go further or come out sooner? We see only 20mins of investigating, so they might have done more.

Whether hoaxed or not, I am sure they will be coming forward soon hopefully. However, it might be fun to see what their Voice Analyzer says about their truth. The days ahead should be fun.

As for the shadow columns, it was likely explainable and why it wasn't in the episode. Were they giant shadowy aliens or LotRs Treants? I'm not even touching that one. Sorry guys.

As for my unexplained sightings, No, I never met ET or saw an alien. Each case was different and usually miles away (I am guessing), so no sound. One case appeared closer, but was also no sound. The last one might be miltary, but was huge and had none of the typical lights you'd see on a helicopter or plane/jet. Most will call me a nut job for simply saying things I have seen, so I do not advertize it. Can I CGI things I saw? Yes, but I wasn't in front of my screen when I saw them. I was outside.

As for the haters and non-believers, that's your choice. And with so much CGI fakery these days, I wonder myself of what is on the net. As for those wondering why I don't sit on my roof for months hoping for a glimpse of something I can't explain? I have a life. Why waste it praying I get a photo of something that with ultimately be dismissed as CGI or a BIRD (LOL)? You believe or don't, simple as that. Too many '15mins of fame' fakers out there these days.

And lastly, to the hater whining of 'why would aliens visit us if they are so advanced' because his/her mind to closed. I don't know why they would, but if your logic is true, you could say the same of God and many believe in God. But if any reason eludes you as to why aliens would visit, let's look at this topic. How many have said, 'I only believe what I see with my own eyes' ? Maybe they couldn't believe a race could be messing up their own planet without seeing it for their own eyes. Just food for thought.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The footage is very interesting indeed! Maybe it was just the intense music, but I got lots of chills watching this. Thank you for posting this. I had been unimpressed with the bits of this show I'd seen in the past - but they seem to be making an effort to allow for the mysterious to actually exist in this case! Nothing changes a skeptic faster than touching the Mystery themselves... :-)

I look forward to seeing where this thread leads...
- AB

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I was just re-reading through this thread, and being a skeptic myself and have helped debunk or challenge things, I still find the end of the video interesting.

I'll be the first to admit that this could have been faked, it is after all just a TV show.

It would be nice to have access to the original footage, or different angles of the same event.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaltor74

Just an Add-on to Burdman's post. I don't recall any aliens 'revealing themselves' and making contact with FoF, so what show watching again?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join