It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible arrest of POTUS by Arizona County Sheriff next month?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Now that is a funny post. Somehow Arizona is free of the federal governments reach. Anyone who believes this dude can arrest the president is in la-la land. Good luck with that, lol. If he could, why doesn't he? Guess what - my prediction is he wont. Know why? Because he can't. And just a question, why are the loser cops of some county in AZ so tough? Are they superspecial?

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by hawkiye

Now that is a funny post. Somehow Arizona is free of the federal governments reach. Anyone who believes this dude can arrest the president is in la-la land. Good luck with that, lol. If he could, why doesn't he? Guess what - my prediction is he wont. Know why? Because he can't. And just a question, why are the loser cops of some county in AZ so tough? Are they superspecial?

CJ

All states are free of the federal government if they chose to exercise their 10th amendment rights. However their governments are all bought off by the feds so it is highly unlikely they will resist federal encroachment. If you had read my original post you would have seen I posted the criteria by which he could arrest him but said I thought it was more a publicity stunt and you would not have looked so stupid in your post.

Contrary to popular belief the President is not immune to arrest trial and conviction

As a result, the Impeachment Judgment Clause could not itself be said to be the basis for a presidential immunity from indictment or criminal trial.
www.justice.gov...
edit on 7-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

CJ

Hey great addition to the topic, sure am glad you were on line. I feel “all knowed up” now…..

First of all OP, as implausible as it may be for the guy to make an arrest attempt, he is a law enforcement officer. In my understanding of it, as such he has a legal right to peruse an arrest of any illegal act he witnesses, whether in or out of his jurisdiction. Any police officer would. Not to say he would be conducting traffic stops in Texas, but if he sees a bank robbery in progress while on vacation in Florida, damn right he has the authority to intervene.

I would have to say that he were to pursue it, just from the sheer amount of bs he would have to go through, other agencies would have to be involved, the US Marshall’s office.. ect… Don’t think he will get very far, other than making a public scene, which may be what he wants….

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

If you really believe that an Arizona County Sheriff will arrest the President you have a screw loose. Please.

CJ

Ahh, sarcasm. The recourse of a weak mind.

I didn’t say I “believed” he will arrest him. I was asking about the possibility and or possible repercussions if he attempted to.

Please read the posts better and give an informative answer or just keep the sarcasm and cynical comments to yourself. Thanks for playing.

edit on 7-6-2012 by JBpage76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Haha, at anyone thinking a sheriff is going to walk up to the president and make an arrest. It didn't happen with Bush, it won't happen here.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yep. I dont think its possible. Nor will it happen. Executive priviledge. Diplomatic immunity...and several others.
Plus...his "protection" is the Secret Sevice, CIA, NSA, FBI...and the entire United States military of which he is the head of.

PS. Can you be arrested for lying? IDTS (I dont think so)
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
To Arrest the President, humm - I think that would require about 5 million people surrounding the white house and another couple of million cars blocking all the roads to all the air ports.... it has happend to other countries - but you must understand JFK used tunnels to see his ladies. and several presidents slip out the back door. it can be done. but you would really have to press the issue to that conclusion. and quite frankly - easier said than done.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Can you be arrested for lying? IDTS (I dont think so)
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

Umm.. yeah actually you can. Its called fraud. Try running a business and just tell people you have a permit (huge fines, probable jail time), try going into a hospital and telling everyone you a doctor while you’re operating on someone (federal jail time). Try identifying yourself as a police officer (impersonation of a public servant, Jail time). The list goes on and on.

I also understand that a local sheriff may not be the actual one putting the cuffs on, but if Obama were found out to be an unlawful president, or elected by fraudulent means, that’s jail time. Not even sure if he would be entitled to an impeachment as that pertains to a lawful president, but not sure on that one.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Nope. Not one of these...least of all FRAUD...can be applied to the President. Nor enforced. EXECUTIVE PRIVELDGE. Look it up.

He is exempt form most...not all...legal disputes, charges, etc.

But...he can be impeached. Forced out. Assassinated. But not arrested for lying or "fraud".

Dont worry...in a few months he will be either re-elected or at his old home in Chicago smoking a large cigar. And it will be over anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Your list show lack of comprehension. All of the above are true for the general public/citizens...and not for the President. He as such, is not held to these very well or very much...and has numerous ways out.

All you mentioned is for the average guy...not the President of the United States. Stay in school.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Since when does the federal govt pay attention to the 10th amendment? They should, but they don't. Check out medical MJ laws and see how well the states fare on that one.

The point is, it ain't never going to happen. Never. But it is fine to dream.

CJ

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Your list show lack of comprehension. All of the above are true for the general public/citizens...

All you mentioned is for the average guy...not the President of the United States. Stay in school.

I am not failing to comprehend anything, I am very aware of the diplomatic immunity granted to the president of the United States. And if you had been reading the thread, the discussion is about the possibility of having definitive proof of his presidency being illegitimate, which would mean he is not the “legal” president, which could invalidate his diplomatic immunity, which in turn could make him subject to judicial punishment.
Its really not that hard to follow, for most people anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I also understand that a local sheriff may not be the actual one putting the cuffs on, but if Obama were found out to be an unlawful president, or elected by fraudulent means, that’s jail time. Not even sure if he would be entitled to an impeachment as that pertains to a lawful president, but not sure on that one

This is a good point if he is found to be a fraud then none of the presidential laws apply to him and he is just another criminal. To those spouting executive privilege there is no such thing read the link I posted a couple posts up a sitting president is still subject to arrest and prosecution if he breaks the law. And besides if he is a fraud then even if there was such a thing it would not apply to him.

Still with the media spinning lies and the ignorance of the people it is doubtful something like this would ever happen.

edit on 7-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What I mean is, if Sheriff Joe really does present proof and attempt to make an arrest, even though he would be within his legal rights as a law enforcement officer, I don’t see the secret service just stepping aside and saying “oh, ok… he’s over here”

He is a COUNTY Sheriff...he has no jurisdiction to arrest the POTUS for anything.

I would love to see him try and get a beat down from the Secret Service.

Of course you would... Actually he does in his county it is the feds that have no jurisdiction in AZ. Sheriffs Joe's posse would kick the # out of the SS who also have no Jurisdiction in the states contrary to popular belief

Sherrif Joe's possie would be put down permanently if they attempted anything of the sort with the SS agents. While Obama would not technically be immune from arrest, those agents have the court-confirmed right to do anything that they need to do to make sure that the President is protected. It is not exactly like the issue with the SS agents and Cheney in the past, but it would fall into that sort of category.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

An arrest would require one of his insider's turning on him. There's a lot going on now with the national security leaks ( Dr. in Pakistan, Stuxnet virus, Bin Laden killing), Fast and Furious with Holder looking increasingly nervous with each new Congressional inquisition, Bill Clinton publicly sabotaging him. Have you seen Axelrod on t.v. lately, he's physically shaking. This could be the excuse to rid our country of him.

I can dream.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBpage76
. . . the discussion is about the possibility of having definitive proof of his presidency being illegitimate, which would mean he is not the “legal” president, which could invalidate his diplomatic immunity, which in turn could make him subject to judicial punishment.

QUESTION: do you remember where you were born? Do you remember your birth cert being filed?

What you know is the paperwork you were given.

If Obama's parents pulled some elaborate scheme to have paperwork that he was born in Hawaii. How does that make Obama responsible?

Please do not elaborate in a million other directions.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I doubt it will happen but he does have a fake Social Security number doesn't he?

It's for Connecticut. Wasn't he supposed to have been born in Hawaii?

You would have thought the Attorney General would have checked him out though.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Lillli because: Afterthought

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillli
I doubt it will happen but he does have a fake Social Security number doesn't he?

It's for Connecticut. Wasn't he supposed to have been born in Hawaii?

As a side note, not everyone has a SSN that begins with a number corresponding to their state of birth. I can use myself as an example of this, as I was born in California but I have a SSN that starts with an Alaska prefix.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That could be an explanation but he has one not in line with the numbering for the year of his birth.

I have been following it for a while.

No doubt yours matches up to your birthdate.

The fact is that even the media admit they never checked him out.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Lillli because: added information

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillli
That could be an explanation but he has one not in line with the numbering for the year of his birth.

I have been following it for a while.

No doubt yours matches up to your birthdate.

The fact is that even the media admit they never checked him out.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Lillli because: added information

Again, the "order" or "location stamp" are not something that is set in stone. It's just been something that birthers have latched on to and tried to drag it through the mud to use as proof.

The whole SSN issue is completely irrelevant. Its alread been debunked and explained, then explained again ... and again ... and again. People are more than welcome to try to prove he's not eligible (good luck), but the SSN aspect of this isnt going to get them anywhere.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join