It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible arrest of POTUS by Arizona County Sheriff next month?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Honestly though, could you imagine the fallout where someone to try to 'citizens arrest' the President? It would start a whole slew of ridiculousness this nation has never seen... courts would be bogged down, you'd have crazy people attempting to dole out their own versions of justice simply because they do not agree with the person or their policies.

Basically, would be a very bad thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm sorta a birtha myself.
I just wish there was more solid proof to establish an opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Im not really on the birther banwagon, just wondering about some of the possible scenarios of them being proven correct, and what events may follow. In my opinion, hes already in office, the most you will do is prevent his future election.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

A citizens arrest in this case would not even be valid or lawful. It requires the felony to take place in front of the citizen. Until the legalities surrounding his status are resolved by the court he is innocent and is a lawful US citizen, regardless of personal opinions.

Even if he broke the law in front of another person, he is immune from arrest. Its the responsibility of Congress to deal with that part.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That Sheriff will be in jail before he is ever done trying to make money off of this.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I can't imagine anyone getting close enough. The Secret Service seems amazingly good at what they do. It actually boggles my mind thinking about the logistics of trying to move the president from one place to another, or even the vetting and watching of everyone he comes in contact with. Not to mention all the other people being protected and things they're doing.

It would be a serious mess if there weren't strict procedures for arresting the President.

link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Dreine

A citizens arrest in this case would not even be valid or lawful. It requires the felony to take place in front of the citizen. Until the legalities surrounding his status are resolved by the court he is innocent and is a lawful US citizen, regardless of personal opinions.

Even if he broke the law in front of another person, he is immune from arrest. Its the responsibility of Congress to deal with that part.

Interesting! I never would have known that, or thought the President to be immune to certain laws.

Thank you for the knowledge, might be time for me to look up some good old-fashioned constitutional law tonight!

link   

Originally posted by JBpage76
reply to post by Domo1

Im not really on the birther banwagon, just wondering about some of the possible scenarios of them being proven correct, and what events may follow. In my opinion, hes already in office, the most you will do is prevent his future election.

The issues involved go way beyond Obama.. You have a entire Congress who had to certify the election. You have election officals / secrataries of states who did not do their job to verify that a person running was qualified to run in the first place.

The ramifications would be far and wide and would affect more than just Obama.

What about all the legislation he signed into law? Since he could not legally hold office he cant legally sign bills into law. This would be one of those conspiracies that woud be talked about for years to come with no real resolution simply because of the cluster and confusion it would create.

Nothing like engaging a biunch of people in a massive fraud in order to win an election....
edit on 6-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

All states except one allow a citizens arrest. The one that does not, one of the carolians if I remeber right, allows detention though.

A citiznes arrest will be found in Con law as well as common law, and is one of the few "common laws" still recognized as valid and lawful. Citiznes who perfomr a citizens arrest are not protected under civil immunity laws like law enforcemnt is. If they make an arrest and are wrong they can face both civil and criminal charges for their actions.

Contrary to popular belief its not as easy as saying your under a citizens arrest. You have to back that up with facts you observed first hand to support it.

Impeachment procedures and criminal prosecution.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

The issues involved go way beyond Obama.. You have a entire Congress who had to certify the election. You have election officals / secrataries of states who did not do their job to verify that a person running was qualified to run in the first place.

The ramifications would be far and wide and would affect more than just Obama.

What about all the legislation he signed into law? Since he could not legally hold office he cant legally sign bills into law. This would be one of those conspiracies that woud be talked about for years to come with no real resolution simply because of the cluster and confusion it would create.

Maybe that is exactly what this government needs to happen!

Maybe for a year or two it would keep them honest??? Nah, I guess I am going to go back to bed and dream some more.......

link   

Still, it's helpful to arm oneself in order to prevent a susceptible person from falling victim to Birtherism, and I feel that our strongest weapon in that fight is something that the Birthers cannot reproduce: validating expert opinion. If the Birther definition of "natural born citizen" had even an iota of legal support, they'd be able to cite lawyers or professors who support their view. But they never do. And they don't because they can't.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well first I doubt this will happen. However Sheriff Joe only has jurisdiction in his county so Obama would have to enter his county and could be arrested. The SS are not lawful officers of the law. They amount to a private security force and nothing more so The Sheriff would be within his rights in his county to arrest Obama of he felt he had probable cause. Sheriff Joe has stood down federal agents before and threatened to arrest them and they backed off and filed a lawsuit and lost. I believe it was BLM agents. So I think he would follow through if given the chance.

However having said all that Obama has to have violated AZ law which technically he has if he is illegitimate to being eligible for the presidency and perhaps the Sheriff could cal for extradition would have to check the law on that so not sure? However I doubt the feds would comply and he'll be attacked and ridiculed in the media mercilessly if he does. The media will ignore the press conference and this will probably fade away and Obama will probably not set foot in AZ till Joe retires or dies is my guess to avoid any possible confrontation.

I am thinking this is more a publicity stunt to draw attention to the evidence of Obamas illegitimacy.

Edited to add: Also The sheriff does not have authority to arrest Obama on a federal charge which deals with eligibility. Congress would have to do it. However AZ election law might be a different story and this is a gray area.
edit on 6-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thank you for your post, very insightful.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

sort of a birther
without any real proof
couldnt of summed up the birther crowd any better then that

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by reclaimed

Originally posted by GmoS719

sort of a birther
without any real proof
couldnt of summed up the birther crowd any better then that

Typical Obomiot ignore the overwhelming evidence and then insult and ridicule in drive by posts...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

What I mean is, if Sheriff Joe really does present proof and attempt to make an arrest, even though he would be within his legal rights as a law enforcement officer, I don’t see the secret service just stepping aside and saying “oh, ok… he’s over here”

He is a COUNTY Sheriff...he has no jurisdiction to arrest the POTUS for anything.

I would love to see him try and get a beat down from the Secret Service.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

What I mean is, if Sheriff Joe really does present proof and attempt to make an arrest, even though he would be within his legal rights as a law enforcement officer, I don’t see the secret service just stepping aside and saying “oh, ok… he’s over here”

He is a COUNTY Sheriff...he has no jurisdiction to arrest the POTUS for anything.

I would love to see him try and get a beat down from the Secret Service.

Of course you would... Actually he does in his county it is the feds that have no jurisdiction in AZ. Sheriffs Joe's posse would kick the # out of the SS who also have no Jurisdiction in the states contrary to popular belief

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The president wont get arrested by a county sheriff.

Moving on......

Whats up with PODUS crack?

Prez Of Da United States?

How does that have ethnic overtones? To what ethnic group is it making fun of?

Just asking!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

If you really believe that an Arizona County Sheriff will arrest the President you have a screw loose. Please.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
this is all an act to win over his local people. he'll make lots of noise, but he won't get within a mile of obama

guaranteed
edit on 6-6-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join