It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible arrest of POTUS by Arizona County Sheriff next month?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
One can only be intrigued by the possible outcome of this whole “birther” issue, no matter what side your on. By now most people are aware of what’s coming in the near future, with the supposed definitive proof and planned press conference. There are a lot of threads about the issue and I would like step aside for a moment and think of this from a non-bias view and try and connect the dots.

“IF” Sheriff Joe’s investigative team actually did uncovered the holy grail of the birther issue, certain to prove once and for all the illegitimacy of the POTUS, what are the possible scenarios here? and to what end?

What I mean is, if Sheriff Joe really does present proof and attempt to make an arrest, even though he would be within his legal rights as a law enforcement officer, I don’t see the secret service just stepping aside and saying “oh, ok… he’s over here”

From a federal point of view, it would be easy to deem Sheriff Joe and his posse “Enemies of the State” (thanks to the newly enacted NDAA) and accuse them of treasonous acts, round them up and lock them in one of their pretty new FEMA camps along with any notable supporters. which leads me to the tipping of …

Domino #2 – With this “definitive proof” (if it is in fact proof) and refusal of the Federal Government to hand over a proven illegitimate POTUS, I don’t imagine that will go over well with most Americans, on either side of the issue. The tensions are already pretty high between obama’s groupies and the truthers/birthers, and these actions would surely be the straw on the camels back, if you will.

Probably way over thinking it, but at this point its already similar to a Tom Clancy novel….. Whats your view point?

edit on 6-6-2012 by JBpage76 because: Spelling correction

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Is PODUS a joke? I don't get it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

No it was a typo

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
P.O.D.U.S.

President of Decommissioned United States?

President of Demoralized United States?

Prezident of Da United States, mofo?

I give up.

ETA: Gmos - you beat me to the Prez thing. Great minds, my friend.

On-topic - I'll come out and say it.
I'm a birther. Now which part of the conspiracy is actually the truth, I do not know.

What I do know is where there is smoke, there is fire. And on this issue, there is a bucketload of smoke bombs.

Was he born in the US? Probably not.

Were his parents both naturalized? Probably not.

Will we ever find out the truth? Probably not.

One thing I do know for sure...

I LOVE BIRTHER THREADS!!!

edit on 6/6/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

link   
PODUS i dont know what that is. But POTUS (President of the United States), this would be a great event if it would happen but I wouldnt happen. A Sheriff arresting the President will never happen also he is out of jurisdiction at that point inless Obama was in is county.

What is this source AJ? WND? ENQUIER?

link   
reply to post by JBpage76

Which one it happened like 3 times.
##snipped##

edit on 6-6-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
He is from Outer Space so he may not understand English well. No harm done.
I will star him anyway. He had the moxie to ask the question.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think he meant "POTUS"... unless there's some clever acronym usage going on.

Interesting concept, but I don't think there is any chance we would even hear about an attempt like that. If Sheriff Joe tried, he would be arrested or worse, and a disinfo campaign the like of which hasn't been seen since 9/11 would be underway.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
whats taking this sheriff so long
every week i hear he is holding press conferences,travelling to hawaii,going to prove this or that
why is he dragging it out either do something or stfu

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The president being arrested is NEVER going to happen. I think it would be great to see., but you have to be realistic here.

Love the acronym, too. President Of Da United States.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Lets say the proof comes out and shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he is not viable to hold office, then the only possible and reasonable course of action would stop his re-election. Personally, the fact that this is still up for dispute should be reason enough to block his campaign

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A judge in New Hampshire issued a warrant for the arrest of Dick Cheney and Bush 43; but they were never brought to justice. Unless Sheriff Arpaio takes his APC and smashes down the gates of the White House to arrest the Pretender-in-Chief I don't see one forthcoming - until he's a private citizen. And then, maybe.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Thanks for the actual feedback, on not jumping on the “Red Ink” band wagon. lol

link   
This is the ultimate birther fantasy

Thanks for the laugh though

link   
Sheriff Joe may be a law enforcement officer, but an Arizona Sheriff doesn't have any authority in Washington, DC, other than that of private citizens to make arrests.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The sheriff cannot arrest the President - The doctrine of Sovereign immunity prevents it among other things. To my knowledge it would require the US Marshalls to make the arrest however he would need to be impeached first.

The legalities involved of removing, arresting and charging a sitting President will keep the courts busy for sometime I would imagine. The comparison between Bush / Cheney and this is completely different with respects to the legal questions involved.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Hey in my defense I thought it was some new insult to POTUS. I would have thought typo, but it happened a few times.

Obama is never getting arrested. It will never be proven that he isn't a citizen. I was on the birther bandwagon for awhile, then realized it was ridiculous. I would have squeeled with glee had it been legit, but dude is just attention whoring.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The sheriff cannot arrest the President - The doctrine of Sovereign immunity prevents it among other things. To my knowledge it would require the US Marshalls to make the arrest however he would need to be impeached first.

Thank you thats the information I have been looking for. Helps clear up some things.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Good to know. I'm actually glad a Sheriff can't arrest the president because then every jackass with a badge and a grudge would be able to drum up some nonsense and perpetually keep him locked up. Oh, wait...

OP I'm sorry I added the cluster loving of the thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join