It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Real Delegate Count Website:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
See the problem for many of you who disagree with me is , I have sat on an excutive board, I know "Roberts Rules", and I know that a legal private organization can make it's own rules outside of federal laws, because their rules apply only to it's members, who choose of their own free will, to join as members and in so agree to the rules.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Neither does your sidstepping the issue.
And it is you who is twisting the rule

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Then how do you think the delegates are elected and what is the process TBTB uses to send said delegates to tampa?

I would love to hear your theory about how my vote--the popular vote doesn't count. Please share with us your wisdom. I've done the math. Even using the real delegate count website numbers. It just doesn't add up you can check my new link.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It's not theory it is a process that has been used for years and years.
Apathys rules the people, greed and power control the governing body not liberty.
The rules are still in place for those who wish to get involved.

Every organization , from your local PTA to major corporations operates under "Roberts Rules of Parlimentary Proceedure."
Every organization makes it's own rules. If it is a legally acknowledge organization, it's members, of their own free will chose to join, so by joining they accept the organizations rules and can by their own free will quit at anytime.
There is no need for federal laws because noone is forced to do anything, if you don't like the rules quit.

Now as far as the popular vote of the people and how delegates are selected and how they vote look to the GOP states and national rules.
Unless you are a experienced Parlimentaryian or a lawyer you really can not speak for the party or the rules.
All you can say is how you interpet it.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Now as far as the popular vote of the people and how delegates are selected and how they vote look to the GOP states and national rules.Unless you are a experienced Parlimentaryian or a lawyer you really can not speak for the party or the rules.All you can say is how you interpet it.

You didn't answer my question. I asked you how you think the delegates are elected. Then you went onto complain that unless you are a lawyer you can't really understand the rules but then you tell me...

That they are elected on a state by state based on the GOP rules. That's exactly what I proved in my OP! You Fail.
edit on 8-6-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Please stop selective reading and interepting. I did answer your question but not to your liking, or your interepetation.
Both the state and national rules of the GOP are in effect, but national rules govern the party.
If you have a problem with the rules, become a delegate and attend the state convention then the national and see how far you get.You don't understand the rules so you would never even make to the battle field, much less survive the battle.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Please stop selective reading and interepting. I did answer your question but not to your liking, or your interepetation.
Both the state and national rules of the GOP are in effect, but national rules govern the party.
If you have a problem with the rules, become a delegate and attend the state convention then the national and see how far you get.You don't understand the rules so you would never even make to the battle field, much less survive the battle.

Yeah more sensationalist insults coming from you listen Mr. Hippy. I have more of a chance getting involved with the convention then some hippy any day!

I actually applied to intern there!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I already was a delegate in 84 and 88.

Sorry 2nd.
84 was in San Fran. that was Mondale.
1988 was Atlanta and was Dukaksus.
edit on 8-6-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Every organization makes it's own rules. If it is a legally acknowledge organization, it's members, of their own free will chose to join, so by joining they accept the organizations rules and can by their own free will quit at anytime.
There is no need for federal laws because noone is forced to do anything, if you don't like the rules quit.

Great now that the personal stuff is out of the way in this paragraph you state that members have to accept the rules and that there is no need for federal law. Rule 38 is a federal law! You are just plain wrong in this whole entire paragraph.

As pointed out many times rule 38 is moot unless the unit rule is imposed. The unit rule is: A rule under which a delegation to a national political convention casts its entire vote as a unit as determined by a majority vote.

The GOP gets around this by leaving a certain amount of uncommitted delegates in each state.

In hindsight history shows that your fantasy holds little water anyway since the most delegates to abstain from voting ever was 14! 14 people have little impact on the national election.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I already was a delegate in 84 and 88.

Sorry 2nd.
84 was in San Fran. that was Mondale.
1988 was Atlanta and was Dukaksus.

As predicted both democrats! I'm talking about the GOP Convention not the Democratic Convention.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Your a joke. In the 70's and 80's I was a democrat. In the 90's I became an independent.
Like elected officials don't switch partys ? Get real !

The game is played on both sides of the fence.
Take your blinders off.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The game is played on both sides of the fence.Take your blinders off.

So I guess...facts don't matter to you! Can say anything without being confrontational?

By even discussing this topic you are taking part in the game too. Not because of my position, but because you want Ron Paul to win this way instead of using the actual system like Mitt Romney has and most Presidents have.

Ron Paul supporters wanting Ron Paul to win this way is just because they are sore losers hoping that he still has a chance. Hilary Clinton supporters felt the same way in 2008. But she ultimately made a deal with Obama. As Ron Paul is preparing to do with Romney!

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The only fantasy is yours.
Please refer to GOP rule 42.
38 did not exist till 08 and will be in effect for 2012.
38 is not a federal law, it is a GOP national convention rule.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You problem is you don't like the rules.
The rules work the same for everyone.
Those who have ruled either party use the same rules over and over to maintain control.
You just don't like it that Paul supporters are not only organized but know how to use the rules like the good old boys club that gave the GOP Mccain and in 2008 and are now ramrodding Romney through. THAT IS WHY THE GOP ADDED RULES 25 THROUGH 42 FOR 2012.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You problem is you don't like the rules.
The rules work the same for everyone.
Those who have ruled either party use the same rules over and over to maintain control.
You just don't like it that Paul supporters are not only organized but know how to use the rules like the good old boys club that gave the GOP Mccain and in 2008 and are now ramrodding Romney through. THAT IS WHY THE GOP ADDED RULES 25 THROUGH 42 FOR 2012.

Well I would be able to trust the math on the website if they actually showed their work about how they arrived at their numbers.

Not links to articles written by ron paul supporters. Actual math as the Greenpapers has done and I have done. Once you find that information, I will analyze your information and data. Until then, I trust greenpapers with my life

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just like The MSM and so many other you are being distracted.
And refuse to look at the whole big picture.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So I guess...facts don't matter to you! Can say anything without being confrontational?

ME CONFRONTATIONAL !!!!!!
If anyone has followed the thread it has been you that has provoke others to respond emotionally and had their remarks deleted, not me . You can not provoke me, so stop playing this game.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Just like The MSM and so many other you are being distracted.
And refuse to look at the whole big picture.

The fact that I don't follow your ideology really gets to you huh? Greenpapers are NOT part of the MSM!!!!!! Everyone against Ron Paul is not part of some crazy conspiracy....

Not so much of a free country if I can't choose what issues I want to vote on...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

ME CONFRONTATIONAL !!!!!!
If anyone has followed the thread it has been you that has provoke others to respond emotionally and had their remarks deleted, not me . You can not provoke me, so stop playing this game.

Yes oftentimes facts provoke people. That's why conspiracies and sugar coated fantasies exist.

The only point you have made has been debunked because you don't understand what a unit rule is.

The rest of your posts are just complaining or personal insults. Until you start acting your age and actually debating the points I have made in my thread then I have nothing more to say to you. We clearly believe different things and will probably never convince the other.

However, Mitt Romney winning the nomination will come to pass. Just you watch.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yes oftentimes facts provoke people. That's why conspiracies and sugar coated fantasies exist.

Well that explains your motives.
To provoke anyone who believes in conspiracies and sugar coated fantasies.
Welcome to ATS the home of conspiracies and sugar coated fantasies as you call them.

The defense rests ,your honor.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join