It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Issues New Warning for State-Sponsored Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Google Issues New Warning for State-Sponsored Attacks

bits.blogs.nytimes.com

Starting Tuesday, look out for an unusual warning atop your Gmail inbox, Google home page or Chrome browser. It will not mince words: “Warning: We believe state-sponsored attackers may be attempting to compromise your account or computer.”

Google said it planned to issue the warning anytime it picks up malicious–possibly state-sponsored–activity on a user’s account or computer. How does Google know whether an attack is state-sponsored? It won’t say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
oh and its no secret that...

Researchers say they believe the Flame virus is sponsored by the same entity that commissioned Stuxnet, a virus co-sponsored by the United States and Israel, that destroyed thousands of Iranian centrifuges in 2010.

As i mentioned yesterday its going to be one hell of a cyber battleground soon. I was watching recent attacks through the net within an almost real time visualization tool and the heat id coming from china was insane and not to leave out the east coast border of the u.s. was as hot as the sun.

bits.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-6-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Yeah, and we have to battle every inch of the way to preserve the freedom in cyberworld, it's our right

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I guess dead computers are better than dead people.

s&f good story

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

ha
new zealand is not even on the map,
how do we protect the innocent civilians in all this?
will the net become too dangerous to use and will more secure alternatives spring up?

does this spell the end to a safe free net?

can we as users get together and build a new internet from secure intranets using crypto tech?

why are the eleite so busy trying to destroy the net?

star and flag

xploder

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The end of safe and free net, well yes, as far as free net is concerned it is becoming something of the past. Although you will be going about your daily net habits and email sent and receives your daily online activity is and will continue to be monitored and stored for an undisclosed length of time. At this point i would like to add that in the not so far future a tax on internet usage is to become a normal part of llfe as the energy used to fuel these server farms do have lust for energy.

As for a private network, yes there is a private network being developed in central and northern europe to combat the upcoming laws being imposed throughout the world regarding free net and anonymous surfing. ( see china for a taste of whats to come )

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
if the internet dies well so be it.

We go back to good old fashioned talking to people and having real freinds and writing letters, speaking on the telephone. Not to mention outdoor activities

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma

We go back to good old fashioned talking to people and having real freinds and writing letters, speaking on the telephone. Not to mention outdoor activities

what are you insane, that means i need to pick up a pen and paper and begin writing....but how do you write, i mean were is my spell checker if i use a pen and how do i know were my friends and non friends went over the weekend, how do i know if he or she is in a relationship ???? ..... Does this all mean that i actually need to come into contact with people ? ....

peace.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

So you think the internet is just about talking to people?

it's about commerce!

Do you realize the majority of all commerce takes place over the internet? What about the managing of communications in airports? Internet.... Banking? Internet.

The Internet is SO much more than just a place where folks talk to eachother.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I understand what you mean, however the internet is the most powerful tool that humanity has ever had in respect to bringing people together. This is important in order to rid the world of the evil empire which is slowly enslaving us all.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

I understand what you mean, however the internet is the most powerful tool that humanity has ever had in respect to bringing people together. This is important in order to rid the world of the evil empire which is slowly enslaving us all.

That alone is the reason why the internet is being cornered and about to made a " only if we approve " style of interaction between other people.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Great, thanks to the map guy for pointing out the locations of all those state...sponsored... proxies...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

So what should we do?

It seems like they are saying something illegal is happening to our mail. If so, we should be able to subpoena Google into telling us what has happened - so that we can seek legal defense.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

So what should we do?

It seems like they are saying something illegal is happening to our mail. If so, we should be able to subpoena Google into telling us what has happened - so that we can seek legal defense.

If you have a deep pocket then sure go for it, but as we all know google, microsoft, fb all in accordance to how and what agenda the nsa has. So information like this can be easily branded as national security and it will never see the light of day. This is how tight the information flow is. As for if and does google have the ability to track all and any information flow throughout the net, well sure it has, group that with microsoft and you have every piece of data one requires to know who cyber farted or burped on the net.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

They're in ordinance to the nsa and the government, and them saying that state-sponsored attacks are happening is them being defiant to the ordinance? It still makes them liable if anything is ever legally done about the attacks. I mean, they can't rightly claim plausible deniability if they are opening saying the attacks are happening.

Are they risking their business and "freedom" to be defiant, because they think if something is done about it legally, then no one will prosecute them because they are the one's who leaked the information about attacks?

It just doesn't add up.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

That's the great part about it all, confuse everyone, don't tie loose ends and allow everyone to speculate and run circles around their own thoughts. Its a proven method and one that is used over and over every time something needs to be kept from the public or to be kept from leading to a particular outcome.

You can have a look at one of my old threads and see just how swift and how the motto of "we dont give a f*ck" fits like a glove.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
An interesting hr's

top topics

join