It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, children among 18 Afghans dead in NATO wedding strike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Or a priest raping a 5 year old...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
I just want you people to know This isnt the 1st idiot who stated this kinda thing..

I watched a documentary some soldier did on the war on terror and from what i saw was this exact same thought process.. He was talking about how killing these people over there to him is just a statistic...

I used to support our troops until I seen that movie then I started thinking, if most troops think like this then wtf am I supporting if I it is going away from how I think and feel.. These people really do not care if they kill these people.. It is really said actually...

The video is called This is War.. A real crap movie to show how most of the people in the military think I would assume considering the military doesnt like people who think and know right from wrong...

And yes they have opium over there.... Its not a secret, that is the only reason why we are there.. How else do you think we would get our Ritalin and heroin for the war on drugs... eh?

That type of callous attitude is disturbing, but I know that it's not one shared by the majority of our troops. The realities of a ground war, and the mindset that is indoctrinated into all combat troops can lead to severe PTSD. Inappropriate callous behavior and ethical detachment are common in a lot of war vets, not exclusive to this war, or US war efforts in general. It all comes down to how an individual's mind builds its defense-mechanisms in response to the traumatic environment. If you've never served in a combat-capacity, it's difficult to fully appreciate the human horrors and atrocities that are witnessed, or taken part in. From a civilian's POV, I find the deaths of innocent people in the form of collateral damage to be horrendous, and I don't support the comment made by that ex-soldier. But I will never ask a vet to censor his/her thoughts, or in anyway try to debate one on the merits of such a comment. They earned the right to to say what they feel, regardless of what that is. When you hear people say "Support the Troops", one of the ways you can do that is by allowing them to express their thoughts and feelings, and not being judgmental about it.

If you look at who the armed-forces are backing for President, it's Ron Paul and his ideology of a strong national defense without interventionism that has won him more support from active-duty military personnel than ALL of the other candidates combined. Paul's message has been clear since day 1: we shouldn't be over there anyway, and we should bring our troops home immediately. The fact that he did get such overwhelming military support tells me that there are quite a few soldiers who are ready to come home, and are disenfranchised with this over-reaching aggression in the Middle-East.

Finally, you should be aware that Ritalin is a stimulant, not an opiate, and its production is in no way related to the poppy farming or the drug trade in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

OK 1st thing Ya ok I will support them talking about how a life is just a number... ahh not really... There is a thing called being human and taking accountability for ones actions.. If i was stuck in a situation where i had to kill someone I would be pretty distraught over it..

The guy in that movie I was talking about he was talking about a girl who was killed because the dad blew a checkpoint the car was shot up and the girls brain was all over the ground.. That sounds real good.. ya we should let them talk like this.. sounds real good........ Seeing is they are spreading democracy around the world one atrocity at a time...

Reminds me of this..

2nd alot of drugs that are made via big phama use opium in them, I used Ritalin because it was the 1st thing that came to mind, want me to fix it and say Vicodin, or perks, or Morphine? is that better? Ironically Google caps all those drugs.. interesting that..
edit on 6/6/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
reply to post by draco49

OK 1st thing Ya ok I will support them talking about how a life is just a number... ahh not really... There is a thing called being human and taking accountability for ones actions.. If i was stuck in a situation where i had to kill someone I would be pretty distraught over it..

The guy in that movie I was talking about he was talking about a girl who was killed because the dad blew a checkpoint the car was shot up and the girls brain was all over the ground.. That sounds real good.. ya we should let them talk like this.. sounds real good........ Seeing is they are spreading democracy around the world one atrocity at a time...

Again, if you've never been in combat and have never witnessed first-hand the horrors of war, you're passing judgment based on something you have no context with. This goes way beyond feeling bad about having to kill someone. In war, especially Western-driven war, there is an indoctrinated mentality that people are not people; they are targets. First-timers in attack helicopters are routinely told to just imagine that the targets are ants, and specifically told not to think of them as people. The military goes to great lengths to create a condition of ethical detachment in the minds of its soldiers, and it's this indoctrination combined with the very real mental stress of being involved in combat first-hand that leads to this psychological break-down and ensuing construction of internal mechanisms of the mind to cope. There's a cliché about "walking a mile in another man's shoes...". I can think of no other situation this cliché applies to as appropriately as this. In the case of war-induced PTSD I can tell you with no reservations that it is a very real, and very pervasive phenomenon, and it's not the fault of the soldier on the ground. It's a natural, predictable disorder that involves permanent changes to brain chemistry and neurological function as a byproduct of the rapid deconstruction of the psyche, and development of mental defense mechanisms to cope.

2nd alot of drugs that are made via big phama use opium in them, I used Ritalin because it was the 1st thing that came to mind, want me to fix it and say Vicodin, or perks, or Morphine? is that better? Ironically Google caps all those drugs.. interesting that..

You're correct that there are a lot of drugs that utilize opium in one form or another. I was only trying to correct the statement that Ritilan is somehow associated with opiates. There's already enough disinformation out there, and I think if we're going to talk about facts, then we should make sure they are actually facts. Google capitalizes names like 'Vicodin' and 'Percocet' because they are trademarked brand-names. If you searched for 'hydrocodone' or 'oxycodone', I think you'd find that they do not appear capitalized unless they begin a sentence.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
How many women and kids does the U.S. have to kill before its genocide? Guess anyone??

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
seems NATO loves to murder afghan children.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Oh did anyone get the memo? Its OK when NATO kills women and children, its called military intervention LMAO

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

NATO arms both sides of the war.Well its a war for defending the opium fields.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join