It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, children among 18 Afghans dead in NATO wedding strike

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Women, children among 18 Afghans dead in NATO wedding strike

www.rt.com

A NATO airstrike in the eastern Afghan province of Logar has killed 18 people, including women and children, local officials report. A NATO spokesperson said a team had been deployed to investigate the claims of civilian casualties.

Afghan authorities say the pre-dawn attack aimed at militants in the area hit a wedding. An AP photographer at the scene reported seeing the bodies of five women, seven children and six men piled in vans.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Why are we still there?? I'm getting a little sick of hearing about "insurgents" and all the other negative euphemisms the US and NATO use describe every person they kill. Their "precision" airstrike took out an entire wedding. This is just shameful. Enough is enough. I don't see how the US govt can just continue bombing these people while at the same time telling the American people that our troops are coming home.

www.rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And they try and make it alright by releasing details of this strike against a phoney phantom news.sky.com...

Absolute rubbish once again from TPTB.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Why are we still there??

Hey, SOMEONE'S gotta defend Afghani opium fields to keep up their output, otherwise the taliban will just come along and put a stop to that again!

And since we've got to be there, killing 'insurgents' is a good enough cover, I suppose. What's a little collateral damage between unpopular regimes, anyway?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
And they try and make it alright by releasing details of this strike against a phoney phantom news.sky.com...

Absolute rubbish once again from TPTB.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Exactly my thoughts! I bet they're (like always) covering up a bad story with a made up story. Just in case the truth actually did get out ... As it has been brought to our attention by the OP.

Lies cover truth and truth is bullied by the strong!

Greed & Jealousy is consuming this World ...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This planet has to move beyond these types of genetic destructive practices. Why cannot mankind see they are 1 in what is labeled year 2012. Every action has a reaction/Karma, smh. I pray their souls are in a safer location away from the ills they had to face in that region of EA*RTH. I dont know the full details of this situation but it is extremely sad to vision children smiling one minute and then blown to pieces the next. EA*RTH man species can do better!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It was probably some 75 year old, marrying his 3rd wife who's 10.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

...And if I were related to one of the dead in this wedding, I would want to join the " Insurgents " and do my damnedest to even the score, by any means possible. Once again, western forces have scored an own goal, which will continue to fuel the very conflict they are trying to get out of. ( As they can,t win it. )

Would,nt you feel the same if you were a relative of one of the dead at this wedding ?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The MO is so old already... they get some crappy intel from someone they likely tortured, then plan an excessively over-the-top attack that's almost guaranteed to cause collateral damage. Then they just refer to everyone as "insurgents" and deny the reports of civilian deaths. The only reasons we're still there, and will continue to stay there, are to maintain poppy production, secure the natural gas pipeline from Turkmenistan, and use the land as a launch-pad for continuing the war effort in the Middle-East.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by draco49

Thats terrible.
We gotta stop those damn terrorists, no matter what collateral damage is caused in doing so.

Same ole double standard, when our bombs kill civilians, its "unfortunate collateral damage" but when our enemies do it, its a war crime.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nice, they'd probably just jihad anyway. F 'em.

One of my proudest moments in the military was when I loaded up the Spectre that blasted the wedding party back in 2003. Took 'em ALL out.

Nothing to see here, just some dead terrorists.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
"Aimed at militants"? Oh, so they really didn't know who they were aiming for, other than people who are tired of a foriegn army shooting up their country?

I am sick and tired of my government(yes, I am an American) trying to play this "terrorist card"! It is as tiring as the "race card" that we are bombarded with on a daily basis in this country!

Soon we will have 30,000 drones flying over our heads with the capability of doing the same thing. Whoops, I forgot, that is all being done for our safety. Just like the WAR on DRUGS, the WAR on TERRORISTS etc etc....If you just take a look at the freedoms that are being taken away from us, it seems our government is at war with just about everything, except fake money and bankers! Hell, the terrorists are even out to get us on the internet!!

I am already stocking up antacids for the upcoming war in Iraq, so that I can calm my stomach down when I see all of the false patriots waving their Chinese made flags that they bought at WalMart, chanting "USA, USA........

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
It was probably some 75 year old, marrying his 3rd wife who's 10.

You're right. They probably all deserved to die, as a result. Jesus would be proud.

GO TEAM AMERICA!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
[COLOR=GOLD]

Aside the ignorance related with wars ect. Its understood that there are evol forces within the 3d realm who hold back the genetic progression of EA*RTH herd. Those who do favor ALL races and ALL land masses. So its acknowledged that on EA*RTH the way to eliminate or TRIM these forces within the 3d is thru war activities like this the thread OP is based upon. It is however sad and hard to accept that this is the current way to provide freedoms and less strain on a overwhelmed or mistreated part of the HERD freedoms provided thru violence ect.. Just wish there was a better way to achieve the WANTED GOALS of the SOULS being transmitted who are the FIGHTERS who really wished & died to create better lifestyles for those they fight for. This is why those in power positions have to be considerate and compassionate for the soldiers they send to defend the overwhelmed or mistreated in areas like Afghanistan and abroad. Compassionate in ways where they consider the strains and loss of care placed upon the people within the war zones and for the mental health of the soldiers there. I feel this would help to eliminate the hatred factor between the forces there to protect and those who they protect. The mental supports will help the soldiers to remain mentally strong which WILL help them when they return to their families as well as will help them to interact with those in the regions they protect/defend. The mental/social supports will also provide places where those who inhabit the war zones can go to speak direct with individuals who can and will make a difference from behind the scenes. So its like war has to keep in mind many factors beyond eliminating the supposed enemy of the same species. SEE I KNOW FOR A FACT IF THERE WAS A THREAT FORM ANOTHER ENERGY/SPECIES THIS WHOLE WORLD WILL DROP ALL THE ISSUES AND PUT THEIR MINDS AND ARMS TOGETHER TO DEFEND EA* I JUST THINK THE WORLD NEEDS TO PRACTICE HOW TO DO THIS -JUST INCASE A THREAT LIKE I MENTIONED ARRIVES JUST AS HOSTILE OR EVEN MORE HOSTILE THEN SAPIENS SAPIENS.

Something to consider from all branches of EA*RTH gov. forces.......

may the souls sent make it to the safest zones for a soul to rest beyond the worries of political control.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

[/COLOR]

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Very tragic. Is it a local custom to have a wedding going pre-dawn? Before the sun comes up?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
Nice, they'd probably just jihad anyway. F 'em.

One of my proudest moments in the military was when I loaded up the Spectre that blasted the wedding party back in 2003. Took 'em ALL out.

Nothing to see here, just some dead terrorists.

I just want you people to know This isnt the 1st idiot who stated this kinda thing..

I watched a documentary some soldier did on the war on terror and from what i saw was this exact same thought process.. He was talking about how killing these people over there to him is just a statistic...

I used to support our troops until I seen that movie then I started thinking, if most troops think like this then wtf am I supporting if I it is going away from how I think and feel.. These people really do not care if they kill these people.. It is really said actually...

The video is called This is War.. A real crap movie to show how most of the people in the military think I would assume considering the military doesnt like people who think and know right from wrong...

And yes they have opium over there.... Its not a secret, that is the only reason why we are there.. How else do you think we would get our Ritalin and heroin for the war on drugs... eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Its like how do you win the GAME if your planetary TEAM is fighting each other and the OTHER team is well prepared and observing ALL weak points abroad, SMH. Somebody in power HAS GOT TO SEE THIS WHO KNOWS OF POTENTIAL THREATS OF THE COSMIC BRAND. That is UNLESS im not in the know enough to understand these are times of sacrifice and wars provide the blood formulas and MASS soul access/capture periods... And I dont doubt that I am not in the KNOW but somebody is. So if like ancient sacrifices to powerful deities that require souls transmissions and blood* that back then beings would just be decapitated or their hearts taken out why alive, then 1 remembers smh

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

And yes they have opium over there.... Its not a secret, that is the only reason why we are there.. How else do you think we would get our Ritalin and heroin for the war on drugs... eh?

SICK as it does cost more per ounce then gold
not to mention this---

US "Discovers" Nearly $1 Trillion In Mineral Deposits In Afghanistan

www.zerohedge.com...

Cash Rules Everything Around Me -CREAM- SMH the WU was right! (well atleast within this realm of existence)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ya I forgot about the lithium that is there.. There is also talk of fresh water being there also.. I am not to positive of this however... Good point you brought up..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Is this what we call regime change and interference, removing dictators, military intervention?

Is this what NATO wants with Syria?

How would this be any better

RIP little souls, those people NATO people who bombed you will be burning in hell for an infinite time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join