It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just about had a heart attack...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well I just received the bills for the animal attack and after I opened it, it reminded me that I would rather die then go to a hospital for help. Gheesh, I think I'm going to take this cast off myself. Good thing I don't have to pay for it. [Well hopefully the other dog owner pays for it]. That is just totally outrageous. It makes me not want to go back to get the thing off. Hate to see what an overnight stay is. That was for only 3 hours in the hospital.

Flabbergasted............

$2170.00
edit on 6-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

The owner of the dog that caused you the injuries, is legally responsible for the medical bills. If they refuse to pay, take them to small claims court. Take photos if you can of the injuries, make sure the hospital records state it was a dog injury. You'll win, no problem.

Good Luck!

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Except if that person is broke. May be a long time coming in getting the money and until then, manhater will be responsible for the bills.

CJ

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Damn! But before you expire on the carpet, just think what a heart attack would cost...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well, if you die, then you can't finish your lessons and will have to continue them next life....You will become more powerful then you have ever imagined in this life....and you get to visit the living on your own "time".

Yeah, I get you, I have insurance, and even dental, and I grind my teeth, and need dentures (i'm old, but not too old). It is gonna end up costing me over $5,000. This country sucks, everything is bass-ackwards. Banks destroy wealth, justice system destroys justice, the government take our freedoms instead of protecting them, and the medical "establishment" destroys health all in the name of the "almighty (worthless) dollar".

Time to start a garden, make your own soaps, and get back to the simple life.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Then they had the audacity to bill me twice for radiology.

The ER radiology Bill is in the 1000's

The regular Radiology bill is 111.00

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah. Wait until you start reading the itemized bill and get to those $27.00 adhesive bandage strips, or the $17.93 aspirin.

But, hey, on the bright side. The pundits do tell us that we have the best medical care that money can buy! That's why I am planning to take all of my future ER trips in Mexico. Even with air fair, I'll save $.

~Heff

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If your hospital sends bills like mine....you probably will get a lab bill and a Dr. bill also. Is this bill just for the room and supplies?
If you happen to get another ( continued ) bill get you some nitro and put it under your tongue before you open it.

Good luck in collecting this bill, if you cant, there's always JUDGE JUDY.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

She'll definitely be the one I go to for a dog attack.

She shows no mercy.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yeah they charged over $50 for the bandages.

What stinks, is that I have to go back because it's still painful.Especially the thumb area, hurts to even bend it.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, you're medical bill for a couple of x-rays and a bit of plaster and a doctor to look at something and go "hmmm yep" is in the $thousands?

And some people don't want free healthcare? the mind boggles!

I'll stick to paying my little tax on my wage for peace of mind.
edit on 6/6/2012 by ThorsBrother because: eta

edit on 6/6/2012 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I got a $900 discount for self-pay..

Who are they kidding.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

The owner of the dog is 100% liable.
He needs to take care of the bills.
If he has no money you can always get a judge to garnish his wages.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For all its faults reading this thread has made me appreciate the NHS. Care is free at the point of contact, whatever it may entail. No bills to bite you in the arse.

edit on 6/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hey, not all doom and gloom then, $900 off a bill you probably won't even have to pay

I just don't know how a bill worth perhaps a quarter of someones annual salary can be justified for a simple procedure when in other nations they would pay very little. And have as many accidents as they want without worrying over cost.

Not to rip into the USA but to me it just appears they have it backwards to the rest of the west.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
For all its faults reading this thread has made me appreciate the NHS. Care is free at the point of contact, whatever it may entail. No bills to bite you in the arse.

edit on 6/6/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

That must be something like universal healthcare. I thought that sucked.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
What animal attack? What bill?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I was attacked by someone's pit-bull, Only injury I retained was when I fell to the ground on my wrist. My dog got the bites marks. He's healing though.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wow the bills keep coming...

I got another one today. A physicians bill.

She gave me $100 off for having a tax ID. Being self pay and having a tax ID.

Isn't everyone suppose to have a tax ID?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Already read the replies stating that the dog owner should be liable for your bill and completely agree with that.

I do not know much about the American black market but its surprising to me that with bills as ridiculous as this, that there is not a thriving black market healthcare going around the states?

After all, by the time the private companies take their cuts, taxman and when the wages get to the person delivering healthcare, it would be far more profitable to practice certain things off the radar so to speak for a person skilled in healthcare etc?

Just speaking out loud, not something I am clued up on being from the UK.

Sorry for your hard time and keep your chin up.

edit on 7-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join