It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. Electro has passed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
www.latimes.com...

Ray Bradbury has passed away today. Sad day for me, I guess. His books taught me to really enjoy reading, taught me to look at language in another way. The man was and always will be a legend.

Go read one of his books, if you never have. If you have, read a new one. I'll be finishing From the Dust Returned.

R.I.P. Mr. Bradbury

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ray Bradbury was one of the Golden Age of science fiction leaders, alongside his contemporaries like Asimov, Clarke, and Anderson, to name but a few. Back to the elements he has now gone like them all. From Supernovae they came and emulated that legacy with their passion, insight, and imagination. OP, I haven't read the story you are reading now, but I will soon. R.I.P. Mr. Bradbury...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

The one I'm reading now is like an expanded version of a children's book he wrote a while back. It's neat.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I am sad, I love his books. So many beautiful words, put together to weave magical civilizations, times and places. He will be missed. R.I.P.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My favorite of his book is Childhood's End.

I'd also really love to see that turned into a movie, but i don't think it will be.

Hollywood's not really interested in taking a chance on something entirely new that could end up being a bomb. That's why they've been doing nothing but already established recognizable franchises or remakes.

He was not that prosy of a writer though.

new topics

top topics

join