It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obese woman's body fat causes Austrian crematorium to burn down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh hell lol... I dont even know where to put this but anyway its here. This is kind of lol and gross at the same time, not to mention, unfortunate for the owners of the placed that burnt down.

GRAZ, Austria – A devastating fire which gutted a crematorium in southern Austria was caused by an obese woman's excessive body fat blocking an air filter, Austrian public broadcaster ORF reported. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

"In Switzerland, there is now a special crematorium for XXL-bodies," he told ORF earlier this week. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 6-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Awesome!!! If this is true......Actually we all know its true...people are really fat these days.
edit on 6-6-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"Gutted"!!! LMAO

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
thats one of the grosses stories i have heard in a long time..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
And the running joke is that Americans are disgusting fat bodies of the world.

Seems not the case.

Perhaps we've already installed the XXL models thus no fires? Right Sweden?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Jamie Oliver did a special on obesity a while back where they dissected an obese persons' body.

He mentioned then that the massively obese bodies don't break down and decompose in a normal way, so your obesity continues to be a problem for you even after death.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Apheon

Ive always thought this and an article I read sometime back seemed to confirm it. There are many medications that cause weight gain, anti-depressants, diabetes drugs and blood pressure drugs.
You can go to the doctor with a damn splinter in your finger now days and walk out with a handful of prescriptions for depression, cholesterol drugs or some other ridiculous bs.
I believe this has A LOT to do with the weight problem in the world.

source

This may be hard to swallow, but a medication your doctor prescribed could be to blame. Certain prescription drugs used to treat mood disorders, seizures, migraines, diabetes, and even high blood pressure can cause weight gain - sometimes 10 pounds a month. Some steroids, hormone replacement therapy, and oral contraceptives can also cause unwanted pounds to creep up on you.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That story reminds me of one my dad told me - a true story, BTW. It happened in Kansas City in the waning days of steam, when a steam locomotive was called back from the stockyards. Problem was, they had let their fire die down and thus lost their head of steam. Well, the crew was scrambling around for kindling, when someone suggested they stuff a nearby dead pig into the firebox. Good idea! They got a fire started, hauled the carcass up into the cab, and into the firebox. With steam up, they headed back with a roaring fire as the fat rendered and made for a hot fire. After a while, however, the first popoff valve opened up - no worry. Then little drops of burning fat began to drip into the ashpan, and onto the tracks. No worry. Then - the second popoff valve opened up, but that was OK, as lots of steam was still being released thru the cylinders. Now there was a continuous stream of burning fat falling to the tracks. Before they got back to the yard, however, the third (and final!) popoff valve opened up, and there were no more safety devices between them and a boiler explosion! The crew abandoned the engine until the fire burned out.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Fat's an energy source. It's too bad those of us who are good at making it can't convert it to fuel for our homes easily. Then we'd be skinny and uh, productive. As it is, we're just fat.

new topics

top topics

join