It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Of The Free No Longer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by candismoo
reply to post by superballs

Nobody likes to be called a fool, but you are definitely dancing on the edge here.You're so happy cause you're so blind! Go have your fun while you can! If that's all that matters to you, then by all means, get to it! You haven't got
that much time left for your "good times". I'm glad there are people who can gauge what freedom truly means.
There is so much more than "good times" when it comes to freedom. Maybe if you didn't have such an attitude,
you could concentrate on what's really important. But, you should probably just do your usual thing and not worry
about whatever it is that we think about anything! You don't care, so don't even give it a thought! Go have a beer!
Chill, you'll be fine! That's what the TV says! You believe them, don't you? I thought so!

been hearing it for years lol

its all gonna end.. americas goin down..

your never right and you wont be now

ill still be happy 5 10 20 years from now just like i was 5 10 20 years ago

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The Australians stood up to the Red Coats at Eureka Stockade. You should read about Peter Lalor. Australians would not have some Red Coat waving a bayonet in their faces.

And England has very little power over Australian Government. The Governer General does little more than waste our money on flowers. Quintin Bryce is just travels around on our money attending bs as a representative of the Queen.

We are independant.

England has no real power over us as a nation.

edit- and

So during most of my early life the only ideas I had about Americans were given to me by my family and friends in Australia. And I don't think many of you Americans realize just how much people in other countries dislike you. I literally believed you guys were the most ignorant egotistical people on Earth.

I agree. I dont think many Americans realize either.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by superballs

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

thats why you hate me so much

You do realize that person you responded to was most likely American?

In fact 90% of the people in this thread are American yet they can see what I'm saying...

I suppose they all hate you too don't they? You need to open your eyes pal...

Don't you see it's your attitude that causes others to dislike you, not your freedom?

You are living in a dream state... it's time to wake up Neo, the matrix has you.

lmao i dont need to wake up thats the point.. im happy and feel free

why wake up from that? im proud to be an american...

and if you live here and arnt proud to be an american than shame on you...
cause i bet you dont wanna live anywhere else

you guys act like my priorities are f--- up but they would be the same no matter what frikin country i lived in

myself and my family.. not the guy across the street, not the guy across the frikin ocean

This is exactly what I was talking about in my original post. For anyone who didn't read it, I suggest they do. If this poster is indeed an American, what he writes is difficult to read. Not only grammar, but also the context in what he says.This is exactly the type of propaganda used against many Americans with the mindset of most on this site. If you go against the establishment in any way, you're unpatriotic. If you question any of the decisions made it's anti American. So I'm not proud to be an American now? Truth be told, I'm not proud of many of the decisions being made. I'm not proud of the reasons the wars are being fought. I'm not proud of the poor education our children are receiving. I'm not proud of the unemployment levels (numbers that are manipulated to look better than what they really are). I'm not proud of the ever growing financial debt that will be passed on to future generations. I'm not proud of the corporate entities dictating American policies.With all that being said, I'm still proud to be an American, and what it's truly supposed to mean. I'm proud of the ideals that were put forth by the founding fathers. Ideals that are paraded around by many Americans that have no idea of the context of those ideas. I'm proud of the spirit of America, because the body of America died a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Freedom is god-given.

Man may try to impose on it, but that never lasts.

Freedom is something that an individual can expand upon or not. It is theirs to give away or keep.

It's a state of mind.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
...When I heard that statement on TV it all started to make a lot of sense. I now understand why America chose to break away from the British Empire and form their own democratic nation. I mean honestly, who wants to live in a system which is designed as such an unfair pyramid of power?...

I have to say, I appreciate that you've discovered the plight of the average American. Though, I would like to make a clarification I'm sure you will appreciate even more, especially if no one has mentioned it. As Americans, we have a flag pledge. It was written so we will never forget what form of government we stand for as A People. It goes like this:
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Notice what we stand for, it is called a Republic form of government. A republic is a government ruled BY THE PEOPLE where the sovereign individual is free to reject the majority group-think, a Democracy is a government ruled by Majority rule or Mob rule. In a pure democracy, 51% beats 49%. In other words, the minority has no rights. The minority only has those privileges granted by the dictatorship of the majority. If you think about it. England is a PURE democracy. Where the ones in the majority RULE. The United States left that and became a Republic. England wants it back now I guess....

I hope this helps you in further understanding what is going on. It is VERY important that the world learns the difference between a republic and a democracy. Our people are trying to hold onto a republic that is being quickly eroded into ruin by the democracy who want's to own the republic's shoes so to speak.

site used for reference: www.1215.org...

edit on 7-6-2012 by Opportunia because: clarification

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I very much appreciated your well thought out OP....you made some important and powerful points that more Americans need to embrace. The majority of the American people, even those some may call the "sheeple", lol, I dislike that term, KNOW our government is "rigged" and corrupt. It just hasn't gotten "bad" enough for them yet to fully understand the "agenda" for a NWO is in full motion...and this "agenda" does NOT include soveriegn Nations.

It requires "effort" and a willingness to educate yourself , or re-educate yourself, to grasp the "reality" of the situation, and as others have pointed out, this is difficult, and not for the "faint of heart"...it's painful, and your view of life as you once knew it is forever changed. Today at my niece's 8th grade graduation everyone stood and said the "pledge of allegence" to the US flag....I was so moved on one hand, and profoundly sad on the other hand...I had very mixed feelings at that moment.

It is important to me how people in other countries view America, and as difficult as it is to hear how disliked we are throughout the world, I appreciated you made a distinction between many American people and what I would "loosly" call "our" government. Most of us would much rather spend our money traveling the world, not supporting a " military industrial complex HELL bent on friggin War for power and greed....infact many of us are "pissed" off...and we do NOT support murdering innocent people under some ridiculous notion we are "liberating" them, or preventing terror....BS...."they" are creating terror !

As discouraging as looks, and as overwelming as it is, to figure out how we STOP this madness, I wouldn't count out the "good" people in this world just yet. I love that about ATS...the opportunity to network with people around the world, and for that matter, people here in the US...lol...cause we have MANY sub-cultures here...and our people vary quite a bit.

My understanding of Australian people is you guys are pretty robust, fun-loving, out spoken folks that can "kick some ass" ...and it is my greatest wish that the people of the world will Unite and say "HELL NO" to thier NWO, we Love our countries, we can respect other's countries, the only time I want to see anyone "going over seas" is to meet some wonderful new people, and enjoy another culture in Peace,

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
are you insane. you actually want your country to be like a country that is rotting from the inside out.

don't fall for their propaganda. that's how they suck you in. mainly hollywood and television that portrays them like the greatest place on earth. it's far, far from it. go to detroit if you don't believe me.

even their culture is nothing what it once was. all they pump out are endless plotless and pointless reality shows. they don't even bother making t.v. shows anymore with real talented actors.

remember 24.

fine dining for them is a place your entire meal is prepared and served in less than 45 seconds.

where going to a mcdonalds could be the last thing you do because one of their citizens snapped and went on a rampage.

a place that has more serial killers, rapists and every kind of perverted human being roaming around than some countries have people.

sure there are good people, but they arm themselves with a small arsenal and never leave home.

a place gripped with fear, that is so suspicious of everyone that you're more likely to get a gun pointed in your face for saying hello than a how do you do back.

a country ruled by an elitist class that has every luxury imaginable and does everything in its power to deny it to their fellow countrymen.

america has a lot of good people, but they live in a cesspool that's slowly swallowing them up.

edit on 7-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

We are all world citizens sharing a common fate. If life in China appeals to you then do nothing, China is coming to you. If you love freedom and your fellow man then we face a hard road ahead and honestly I have no idea which road it is that we should take. I hope we figure it out, there is precious little time left.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

""O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation. I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets." (Isaiah 10:5-6)

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, in truth... For the Lord God of hosts shall make a consumption, even determined, in the midst of all the land. Therefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian... For yet a very little while, and the indignation shall cease, and mine anger in their destruction." (Isaiah 10:20-25, KJV)

"Return, faithless people; I will cure you of backsliding." "Yes, we will come to you, for you are the LORD our God." Jeremiah 3:22

Jesus came for the lost sheep of the House of Israel. They became His sheep - those who love the Lord.
But as there is nothing new under the sun, what was will be again.
Israel descended into apostasy - worshipping the world's gods, committing spiritual adultery with them and falling away as a result. Just as in the days of old, wanting to rebuild the tower at Babel, striving to replace God Almighty with "man Almighty".
If you haven't figured out that the western nations descend from these Christians, then you will forever walk blindly as to why all of this is happening - why the descendants of once faithful Christian grandparents are Godless, why many of them accept aliens as their probable Creator, why many of them murder their babies without a second thought in the name of career and selfishness, why many have been indoctrinated to believe that the Lord's yoke is a heavy burden, why many despise His name.
God's judgements are against His disobedient nation, and to accomplish His Will, He uses our enemies to punish us for our disobedience. If you truly feel that His yoke is heavy and restrictive, you will experience what a truly heavy yoke feels like as He removes every single blessing.
And just as in days gone by, many will choose to fight in vain against those oppressing us, never understanding that God Himself has brought them against us in order to apply pressure to His people to REPENT of their own evil ways and their disobedience to His Authority and Rule.
The OP's piece is meant to stir up passions to revolt against God's judgements, appealing to indignation and emotion. The youth today have been made moral-less and as a consequence, rebellious. Lenin said that "The best revolutionary is a youth devoid of morals". Can you not see the path that the OP is appealing to? The Godless youth today will revolt, and the tyranny that you see on the horizon, is being allowed by God to punish them. Others, as God well knows, will turn to Him in repentence. You decide your fate - Him or the sword of His wrath. God has decreed that ALL will either go into captivity or be killed with the Sword.

He has given you the path - the FREEDOM that is in Christ Jesus, the blessings of the Lord that come to those who LOVE, OBEY AND FEAR HIM. A Godless and rebellious mind revolts and rebels against this Authority because it is indoctrinated to believe that man is the highest authority. But God Almighty is demonstrating His glory and magesty and sovereignty everyday to those who revere Him. Choose wisely - man or God. He is going to give us all the leadership under pure Godlessness, and in it, many will be killed never having understood how they could have rejected His blessings for terror and evil sold to them as good. He will give you the faith to trust in Him, but you must ask Him for it with a humble and repentant heart. God created us with all of our tendencies of pride and arrogance, and it's those same qualities that you must learn to overcome in order to see Him as just and merciful - merciful to those who obey Him and just to those who rebel.

The road to take has been offered to us - Jesus answered, "I am THE WAY and THE TRUTH and THE LIFE."
All other roads lead to death - that tyranny and oppression that you see on the horizon is coming. But understand this, the sight of it may lead many hearts to seek their very Creator.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
are you insane. you actually want your country to be like a country that is rotting from the inside out.

don't fall for their propaganda. that's how they suck you in. mainly hollywood and television that portrays them like the greatest place on earth. it's far, far from it. go to detroit if you don't believe me.

even their culture is nothing what it once was. all they pump out are endless plotless and pointless reality shows. they don't even bother making t.v. shows anymore with real talented actors.

remember 24.

fine dining for them is a place your entire meal is prepared and served in less than 45 seconds.

where going to a mcdonalds could be the last thing you do because one of their citizens snapped and went on a rampage.

a place that has more serial killers, rapists and every kind of perverted human being roaming around than some countries have people.

sure there are good people, but they arm themselves with a small arsenal and never leave home.

a place gripped with fear, that is so suspicious of everyone that you're more likely to get a gun pointed in your face for saying hello than a how do you do back.

a country ruled by an elitist class that has every luxury imaginable and does everything in its power to deny it to their fellow countrymen.

america has a lot of good people, but they live in a cesspool that's slowly swallowing them up.

edit on 7-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

said exactly like some 14 year idiot thats never been there and has no clue what hes talkin about

and i bet you dont have the balls to tell me what country your from

editby]edit on 7-6-2012 by superballs because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by superballs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

American's apparently love to be extorted and Dear Dr. Paul could not save such sick people from that kind of illness.

I have long said that the only people who truly understand the American Dream are people from other countries.

You may be right about that... and that's why I said first they need to help themselves. No one single man can solve all the problems. And quite frankly I think it's a bit lazy to think one can elect the right man for the job and expect him to fix everything, and then hackle the hell out of him when he doesn't do a good enough job. Of course it's important to have a trustworthy and intelligent leader... but first they need to help themselves by facing reality and electing that leader who has the plans required to solve the hard problems. What you don't do is rely on a corporate pretty boy who makes a bunch of shallow promises and expect him to fix everything, I cannot even begin to express the ignorance of that decision. Caught again by the lies, hook, line and sinker...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

I've got a 6 yr old girl, Im 34 and when I think about the world I'm going to leave her if I do nothing, I get angry and sad. I've said it on my facebook, other websites, ATS, to my friends, even a few ppl I didn't know but I will die just to make sure she doesn't inherit the world she is going to get, if nothing is done. I'm getting sick of waiting to be honest. Where and when do I sign up.
The enemy is clear, the main messenger and all who surround him and we give them a message to send.
According to my D.O.D. contact/good friend since I've been 14, he has told me, just as Chaotic has said, if enough of us organize, with the threat of violence against all who have been put on a list, if our demands are not met. The only demand we really need is for those on the immediate list to resign from the public office they occupy starting with the president and his administration. My buddy said with enough people, a threat may not have to be made because they know what they would be up against and immediately back off and step down. The really REALLY important factor in this and since he was/is a NAVY Seal, is that 95%+ of the entire military will fight on the side their family is on and that is most likely NOT the government's side AND THIS IS WELL KNOWN ALL THE WAY UP TO THE WHITE HOUSE!! They know that they can go into any country and with our military and easily bring it down. How many soldiers are in the military? How many American people are there? Our government fears only the American people more that all countries combined but they don't show it. They have us pre-occupied with one thing or the other or have us scared of them. It frustrates me that people don't see this.
My buddy said this is all planned and our soldiers, well most of them are stranded overseas right now and a potential confrontation is one of the biggest reasons why they are there. A confrontation with the American people and American soldiers backing the people is one of the main reasons for 9/11. You notice how militarized the Pentagon has made the law enforcement agencies around the country lately? They are hoping that if and when all hell breaks lose, people are just running around smashing windows shooting guns off with no organization, they will just sick the cops on everybody. We need to take charge before it gets to that point but if we're bluffing, they WILL know it and they will say bring it on. Im saying, I'm not bluffing and I want to help take this country back because Ill be damned if I sit around till Im 45-50-60 and be too old to do anything and be on my death bed wondering if my girl is going to be safe from the US government.
We want another kid and I refuse to bring another one into this world when I see the direction this country is headed.
As long as they know they've got control over us and we do not realize the power we actually have, we are headed for the same demose as Nazi Germany and every other government that started killing it's citizens.
How many people did it take when The Revolutionary War started? 15% of the population? It was popular with the rest of the people when it first started and noether will the next one, if it is needed.
How about 15% of us send personal letters to the head of the NRA and they can deliver our message to DC while at the same time reminding those getting our message that there are 160,000,000+ gun owners in this country and we all own them for 1 reason.

A cpl more things my buddy said was “civil war” will break out unless we figure out how to let them know we have had enough. This has to be done real soon because if we wait 10 yrs, we will not stand a chance. I don't like the way he describes it when he says civil war. He is so sure violence is coming he is actually quitting the D.O.D. at the end of this month because he has some issues with some of the jobs he was part of in the past but he is quitting mostly because what they've asked him to be a part of in the near future. He isn't the only one quitting at the D.O.D. because of this, he said many are especially quitting this month. Put it this way, enough are quitting and it should be a huge story on the news or idiots asking why but it's all been hunshed by those who control the D.O.D.
He lurks now but will register here on ATS when he's officially done. Very Useful advice is what he will bring and when he does introduce himself, I will confirm it.

Lets start sending those letters to the NRA cuz Id rather NOT die in a war inside this country trying to reclaim it but I will sign up this afternoon if I have to.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
"Nobody here remembers freedom"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
To add to this discussion with Freedom comes risk, and most people in society are risk adverse.
It's this fear of the risk of life that leads to a plethora of rules,laws that reduce freedom.

(In essence it's the freedom and safety debate)

Also maybe there should be two types of citizen , one which say, is called a Freeman, this person pays no tax follows and is accountable to 'natural law' and receives nothing from the State.

edit on 7-6-2012 by Zngland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Maybe perhaps you have found or fell into a a decent paying job which has allowed yourself a little more "freedom" as you put it, but there are people here who care not only for themselves and see past the greed and selfishness and the trap of materialistic possesions. Take a look at the general populous of your country...... are they reaping the benefits of money and finding the time to golf regularly and have friends round for a BBQ or other such things the simple mind finds pleasing.

Most of the Country and the modern world in fact are in poverty and being driven futher into it through no fault of their own but you chew away on your overpriced meal which the chef has probably spit on after recieving another final demand letter and is sick of serving self righteous plebs with money.

This site is to deny ignorance not promote ignorance is bliss buddy

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Your post truly cause me great concern. When someone that is the citizen of another country, can state so well, what is so obviously taking place right before our eyes, it's sad. It's sad that so many of us think that we as citizen of this once great Country are truly free.

People of this country do not understand the laws that give us the freedoms we have. And until we all do, we as nation are not entirely free, we do not understand what our freedom really is.

This is what I believe is our true ignorance of freedom.

How many of you Americans out there have read and truly understand the CONSTITUTION and BILL OF RIGHTS ? This web site is founded on the principle of what ? DENI IGNORANCE. Until you do. You are not truly free.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thank you for an insightfull read from the mind of an Australian about America. Your correct in your thoughts and accessment of our situation. WE THE PEOPLE let it get to where it's at. WE THE PEOPLE have ourselves to blame.WE THE PEOPLE have to find a way to get it corrected or we are all in the shathouse with out paper.

The Patriot Act is the biggest thing we need to do away with. I don't know about other Americans, but for me I don't worry about make beleive terrorists. I'm more concerned about the 25 million illegal aliens our Government let walk across our southern border and invade us in silence.

I'm worried about TSA, FEMA, ATF, and all the other agency's created after 911 Under the guise of Homeland Security. Home Land Security should mean, stop the influx of folks thru the southern border. WE THE PEOPLE.

If it keeps going the way it's going, we need to change that to WE THE SHEEPLE, will follow blindly as the cliffs approach with a rapid speed... Thanks for your insight, it was refreshing to hear from an Australian

And yes, I cherish my 2nd amendment right to bear arms. And I do. It takes care of my personal "HOME LAND SECURITY"
edit on 7-6-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

What a negative, warped, perverted and inaccurate description you believe about the USA.

You're mouthpiece of pure propaganda and need a reality check.

Come out of your fear mongering cave for a day or two and you might learn something based on facts instead of just regurgitating false perceptions bred from pure anti-American hate.

ETA:

Look into where many of these chemical and pharmaceutical companies that are destroying the planet come from and you'll find that most of them are based or backed by Countries in Europe. Mainly Germany and the Netherlands.

Look into the Banks of London, where Global monetary control is based.

Look into the Vatican in Rome where religious power is centralized.

Look into the Middle East where human rights are practically non-existent.

Look beyond your own prejudices and personal vendettas and you'll see the same corruption you described exists in all societies and in all nations.

edit on 6/7/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The inability of the colonists to get power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of George III and the international bankers was the PRIME reason for the Revolutionary War.

I wonder if he realised the International Bankers were also in the driving seat of the United States from day one as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Why are not today's children being taught the pledge of allegiance in schools (because it has the word
god in it!) as my generation was? that was how we started every school day for many years. And please tell me why studying the constitution is not a mandatory subject. Why does it seem to me that someone or someones, do not want the future generations to have the greatest knowledge they could possess.

As stated many times. Knowledge is power.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Wow that was a huge post you started off with. Now if you only spent as much time worrying about Australia as you do America you could have "real" freedom. As it stands now your thread comes off as another whiney foreigner pissing and moaning about how tall your neighbors lawn is instead cutting your own grass first.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join