It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Land Of The Free No Longer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
if i feel free, if i have a home and a family, if im happy, isnt that free?

you can tell me im not all you want.. but i am .. and i know it just pisses you off lol

this seems appropriat

Artist: Lee Greenwood
Song: Proud To Be An American

If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘ Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,

And I gladly stand up,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,

And I gladly stand up,
God bless the USA.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by superballs

You are truly clueless. If you really knew what was going on in America, and everywhere else, I would think you wouldn't talk like that. Just shooting off your mouth to try and put a dig in on someone else, what is that getting you? Nothing, nowhere. Apparently you can not comprehend what you have already read. That is sad. You are
sad. You need the 2x4 treatment.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You are spending your time looking at today instead of looking at tomorrow.

Things are constantly changing.

If you get too complacent in your current situation minor changes are massive changes. The point of the OP's thread is to keep your reality intact as much as possible.

You probably have a great life, in order to keep it that way you need to open your eyes to the people that are slowly taking it away from you. Nothing stays the same.

Don't be offended by the OP's message, use it to better yourself.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

So where should the balance lie....? How much regulation is good for us ? I suspect we each perceive it differently, according to our lifestyles....

There probably isn't a " One size fits all " answer to this issue.

Exactly, there isn't a "one size fits all" solution... that's why the only logical solution is too maintain a maximum amount of freedom with the minimum amount of regulation, just enough to maintain a solid government structure but not enough to inhibit the freedom of the people to live their own lives without excessive intervention and oversight. That's how America was designed to be, but many people fail to understand that. They think they government should be responsible for absolutely everything, it's like they are little children scared of having any type of independence and liberty. And the government absolutely love these frail little children who suck at the teat of the government as if it were their only source of survival, because it gives them power and strength. Unfortunately a very large number of people have become extremely dependent on the system and they attack anyone who criticizes the system...

They have unwavering faith to the system and their unquestioning obedience gives the government the power to treat us all like little children who aren't smart enough to make our own decisions... for christ sakes I can decide if I want to add flouride to my water, I don't need it added for me. It's things like that which upset me, they try to control every aspect of our lives, and they dumb us down enough so that we don't even realize the amount of control they actually have. It's virtually impossible to get organic food these days because GMO companies have overrun the industry and patented all the seeds, and it's impossible to know what isn't GMO because they don't label the products adequately, and in some states it's even illegal to grow your own organic gardens without some type of permit. These are huge invasions which aren't justified, the government is merely becoming a leech trying to suck blood from every orifice of our lives to fund their absurd spending, it's a beast which has simply gotten out of control...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

you can tell me im not all you want.. but i am .. and i know it just pisses you off lol

Yes... that must be it, it pisses me off that you're so free...

Please, just forget you ever read this thread and go back to your daily schedule...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by candismoo

You are truly clueless. If you really knew what was going on in America, and everywhere else, I would think you wouldn't talk like that. Just shooting off your mouth to try and put a dig in on someone else, what is that getting you? Nothing, nowhere. Apparently you can not comprehend what you have already read. That is sad. You are
sad. You need the 2x4 treatment.

clueless? maybe

but im still free theres nothing i wanna do that i cant go do

thats why you hate me so much

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

My obligatory thank you "Oath Keepers" for "fighting for the Constitution" and thank you soldiers for "fighting for our freedom."

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You do realize that person you responded to was most likely American?

In fact 90% of the people in this thread are American yet they can see what I'm saying...

I suppose they all hate you too don't they? You need to open your eyes pal...

Don't you see it's your attitude that causes others to dislike you, not your freedom?

You are living in a dream state... it's time to wake up Neo, the matrix has you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Quite, the tail has been wagging the dog for far too long...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Yes... that must be it, it pisses me off that you're so free...

Please, just forget you ever read this thread and go back to your daily schedule...

Remember the slogan!

repeat after me:

"They hate us for our freedoms."

So that would make me and the OP terrorists lol. Thats why we hate it GRRR.

He's got "freedom balls of pork" when he should have balls of brass...

edit on 6/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You do realize that person you responded to was most likely American?

In fact 90% of the people in this thread are American yet they can see what I'm saying...

I suppose they all hate you too don't they? You need to open your eyes pal...

Don't you see it's your attitude that causes others to dislike you, not your freedom?

You are living in a dream state... it's time to wake up Neo, the matrix has you.

lmao i dont need to wake up thats the point.. im happy and feel free

why wake up from that? im proud to be an american...

and if you live here and arnt proud to be an american than shame on you...
cause i bet you dont wanna live anywhere else

you guys act like my priorities are f--- up but they would be the same no matter what frikin country i lived in

myself and my family.. not the guy across the street, not the guy across the frikin ocean

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

in some states it's even illegal to grow your own organic gardens without some type of permit.

I'll ask my question again. In your opinion, what do we do?

The people that make the laws are elected by the citizens. Organic gardens are definately not a hot topic during election. Our elected officials decide to ban organic gardens and we all have to comply or be subjected with fines and or imprisonment.

What do you do?

Will you go to jail for growing your own heirloom tomatoes? Probably not.

It's over for us. The writing is already on the wall.

It sucks.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I hope we have nothing to worry about. I'm in your situation too, Superballs. I have a pretty decent life, I have nothing to complain about. Bills, taxes, mortgage and the fishing trips are all things I can handle easily.

If you are not planning for the worst and hoping for the best you are in some serious trouble tho buddy.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

why wake up from that?

You know what they say... ignorance is bliss.

Now I think it's about time for you to get back to your daily schedule...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

wow thats a movie man... you realize its a movie right?

perhaps its time time for you to wake up lol

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

And you realize there is often important concepts and symbology woven into movies right?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Why do you even bother.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I'll ask my question again. In your opinion, what do we do?

I have already stated several times I am not here to offer solutions to the problem, because I have none. I am merely trying to point out a solution is required because there is a very obvious problem (which many people refuse to acknowledge).

Why do you even bother.

lol... I have no idea some times.
edit on 7-6-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

And you realize there is often important concepts and symbology woven into movies right?

lmao

yeah because the wachowski brothers know so much right?

they have knowledge the rest of us dont and are secretly putting it in movies for guys like you to figure out?

and i need to wake up cmon man

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Nobody likes to be called a fool, but you are definitely dancing on the edge here.You're so happy cause you're so blind! Go have your fun while you can! If that's all that matters to you, then by all means, get to it! You haven't got
that much time left for your "good times". I'm glad there are people who can gauge what freedom truly means.
There is so much more than "good times" when it comes to freedom. Maybe if you didn't have such an attitude,
you could concentrate on what's really important. But, you should probably just do your usual thing and not worry
about whatever it is that we think about anything! You don't care, so don't even give it a thought! Go have a beer!
Chill, you'll be fine! That's what the TV says! You believe them, don't you? I thought so!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join