It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Ken Bigley receives unexpected help - from Saddam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hostage Ken Bigley has received aid from an unexpected source - ousted Iraqui president Saddam Hussein. Mr. Bigley was captured eighteen days ago by a group connected to al-Qaeda. The group, led by Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, has already beheaded two American hostages held alongside Ken.
His brother, Paul Bigley, has welcomed the offer made by the deposed Iraqui president, who he says 'may still have a huge influence with the people holding Ken and other people in Iraq'.

www .sundaymirror.co.uk
KEN Bigley's desperate bid for freedom last night received an extraordinary new backer - Saddam Hussein.

The jailed tyrant joined the international demands for Mr Bigley's life to be spared, pleading for his "immediate release".

Saddam, 67, even offered to film a TV speech from his prison cell near Baghdad, if it would help. His lawyer, Giovanni di Stefano, said: "We all understand the frustration of those who have opposed the Iraq invasion but there can be no solution by taking hostages.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Whether or not it is merely a publicity stunt on Saddam's part, I daresay Ken Bigley will be grateful for his intervention should it result in freedom for the British hostage.

I see it rather ironic that the 'enemy' has offered his aid, whereas our own Prime Minister is willing to sell Ken down the river to keep in favour with the Bush Administration.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not only that, Gaddafi looks like he is getting involved in this:

Sky News

Members of Colonel Gaddafi's family have pledged to support efforts to free British hostage Kenneth Bigley, his brother claims.

Paul Bigley said Gaddafi's London-based son Saif had contacted the Libyan leader to urge him to use his contacts in the Middle East to broker the 62-year-old's release.

The news came as two bodies, one a man with a severed head, the other a woman who had been shot, were found early on Sunday south of Baghdad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
saddam does not have access to current media sources

See Link news.bbc.co.uk...

Saddam Hussein is being held in solitary confinement with no access to media, but he has books, studies the Koran daily and writes poetry.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I have serious doubts about the mirror as a source, hehe....

I see it rather ironic that the 'enemy' has offered his aid, whereas our own Prime Minister is willing to sell Ken down the river to keep in favour with the Bush Administration.

Even IF the mirror story were true, it isn't that your PM is "selling out" or trying to curry favor with Bush. He knows, as do we, that you cannot negotiate with terrorists because it only leads to validating it, and to more such terrorism, as you've just made the tactic successful by doing so.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It's divisive, nothing more. Save the Brit, but screw the Americans.

I'll be glad if Blair holds out. Giving in to these people is not the right answer. Anybody who actually thinks Saddam and Quaddafi have suddenly been bitten by the humanity bug needs to wake up and smell the public relations. I don't want this guy to get beheaded, don't want any of the hostages hurt at all. But I do want them stood against. They keep making videos of him begging for his life because they know how this inflames people. The begging is not touching THEM, is never going to sway THEM. People need to focus on who the monsters are. It's not Bush and Blair, it's the kidnappers themselves. Bush and Blair haven't beheaded these people, haven't had them make videos begging for their lives to be spared. It wasn't Bush or Blair standing behind them reading out a lot of crap to try and justify murdering these civillians they've kidnapped. Bush and Blair didn't make them capture and behead contractors, they do it because they want to. In fact, I think they LIKE to. I get tired of hearing what devils Bush and Blair are every time a head comes off over there. It's like a man beating up his wife and then saying "See what you made me do?"... bulls**t. It's THEM. THEY are the problem. And anyone who thinks this will stop if we pulled out tomorrow is a fool because it won't. They're just getting started. Oh, by all means, let's placate these stains so they'll know this is an effective method of getting their way. Great idea.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This brings up an interesting point. Hussein was in charge over there, and was the head of the military that was overthrown and that still operates clandestinely in irregular combat. Why hasn't Saddam been presented a peace treaty/unconditional surrender treaty? Why hasn't he been made to order a complete stand down of the iraqi miltary-men that are acting as irregulars now?

At first thought, I would say that they don't want him to say, 'i will do that in exchange for immunity from prosecution' and have to deal with that problem.

new topics

top topics

join