It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia-China Military Links Growing Closer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The ever increasing military cooperation between China and Russia seems to be acccelerating, it seems Iran may even be involved in the increased relations.

Russia-China military links growing closer

Putin visit signals an eastward pivot in Russian foreign policy

Russian President Vladimir Putin emphasized burgeoning military ties with China on Wednesday on the second day of a visit to his nation's eastern neighbour.

Putin told Vice President Xi Jinping that he and Chinese President Hu Jintao have vowed to expand military exchanges and he also recalled recent Russian-Chinese naval exercises in the Yellow Sea.

Military exchanges between Moscow and Beijing have accelerated under a regional security grouping that has hosted regular border protection and anti-terrorism drills.

China is a major customer for Russian fighters, submarines, missiles frigates, and other high-tech arms, but mistrust lingers from their Cold War rivalry. Ties have warmed steadily, however, during Putin's decade-long dominance of Russian political life

This surely will be met with concern from the Western powers that be. Honestly, I'm so desensitized to all the rhetoric coming from both sides over the last few years but this story seemed threadd worthy in my opinion.

As I previously mentioned, Iran is getting involved in the action. Whether it's related or unrelated is for you to decide. I believe this meeting is more than a coinsidence.

Iran's Ahmadinejad also in China

Separately, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao met with Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad was in China attending the Shanghai Co-operation Organization meeting. He was expected to discuss his country's disputed nuclear program. Reuters reported.

Talks last month between Iran and six world powers over its nuclear ambitions ended without an agreement but the sides decided to reconvene in Moscow on June 18-19 in another effort to bridge the longstanding dispute.

Ahmadinejad's visit to China takes on particular significance, Reuters said, because China is a veto-wielding permanent member of the UN Security Council and has resisted U.S. demands for sanctions on Iran.

Iran, OPEC's second-largest producer, exports most of its 2.2 million barrels of oil per day to Asia, home to its four main customers: China, Japan, India and South Korea.

It appears that Iran is doing their best to please the Eastern powers of Russia and China. I can't say I blame them. I would be doing the same if I were them.

Also in related news (IMO):

Iran: Big powers' delay clouds next nuclear talks

Iran said on Wednesday a delay by world powers in agreeing to preparatory talks has thrown doubt on the next round of negotiations over the Islamic Republic's nuclear programme, the state news agency IRNA reported.

"The other side's delay in meeting deputies and experts throws doubt and ambiguity on their readiness for successful talks," said Iran's chief negotiator Saeed Jalili in a letter to EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton, according to IRNA.

Perhaps I'm reading into this a little too much, but this all seems connected and is worthy of keeping an eye on in the upcoming weeks.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
the bull# and whining around Iran´s nuclear capabilities should end.

and here´s why.

US Rejected 2005 Iranian Offer Ensuring No Nuclear Weapons

So the US rejected the offer...

France and Germany were prepared in spring 2005 to negotiate on an Iranian proposal to convert all of its enriched uranium to fuel rods, making it impossible to use it for nuclear weapons, but Britain vetoed the deal at the insistence of the United States, according to a new account by a former top Iranian nuclear negotiator.

How hypocritical can you get?
The us wants war no matter how it'll be accomplished.

Seyed Hossein Mousavian, who had led Iran's nuclear negotiating team in 2004 and 2005, makes it clear that the reason that offer was rejected was that the George W. Bush administration refused to countenance any Iranian enrichment capability, regardless of the circumtances.

The British and U.S. refusal to pursue the Iranian offer, which might have headed off the political diplomatic crisis over the Iranian nuclear programme since then, is confirmed by a former British diplomat who participated in the talks and former European ambassadors to Iran.

Mousavian writes that one of the European negotiators told him that "they were ready to compromise but that the United States was the obstacle."

If i were Iran i'd be doing exactly the same.

Since some of the forementiond Western PTB are hellbent on war.

source

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

When I read your post, the one thing that stood out to me was the word "customer". We are in the middle of a economic "Cold War".

China is the number one customer of Russias energy producers. Natural Gas, Oil, etc, etc.

It is a uneasy alliance. If the bullets ever start flying, that house of cards will crumble. They'll end up going at each other like a pair of rabid racoons.
edit on 6-6-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I agree 100 percent with what you said.

The U.S. and their allies are aiming for war and nothing else. Their behavior proves, this. Thank you for the great contribution

Calling them hypocrites is an understatement IMO

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I personally believe that the alliance between all 3 of these nations is much stronger than you indicate in your post. You raise some interesting points that could come true, but I would have to say that if push came to shove, this alliance would probably remain strong due to strategical and economical reasons.

But your observation of the situation could be correct so I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just I perceive the situation a bit differently than you.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My assessment of the situation between Russia and China is this. China has always looked north, but realize that trying to take it would be cost prohibitive. Russia is just trying to maintain what is has as it would be cost prohibitive to expand.

But I think that if one side or the other sees a percieved advantage, they'll cross that line.

Meanwhile the ME is just being used as a proxy war front by all sides.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As in Orwell's 1984 there will be 3 world powers. When one steps out of line the other two join forces to stop it.

In today's environment I must say (an acute grasp of the obvious) that it is the US who is too 'adventuresome'.

While I feel we could win a war with Russia OR China, a war against their combined forces and we would be toast.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Methinks we'll be hearing a lot more about the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Ogranization) as time goes on.

Especially when intervention in Iran and Syria pits NATO against them.

WWIII, baby

NATO has the technical edge for sure but the SCO controls a hell of a lot of people and resources and countries with strong anti NATO sentiment will most likely join up with them.

I wonder where India will fall into all this?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Go China and Russia!

The days of the Western Super Alliance are long gone, anyone who disagrees is living in the past.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We are watching the Gog (USA-UK-Israel/NATO) - MAGOG (China-Russia) war about to take place before our eyes. It is my suspicion that Turkey will be taken over by Russia or the Muslims and will be on one side and will be forced to leave NATO somehow. This will give the upper hand for the strike on Israel.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ummm Gog And Magog are BOTH against Israel LOL. Israel is not a part of either.

top topics

join