It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is waiting for a leader.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So just like everyone else I'm seeing a growing number of people fed up with the system. They log onto ATS complain about what they don't like, watch videos giving them information on how it bad, discuss why its bad, share with others why its bad, and they even prepare for it to happen. But at the same time.. They still go to their sh** job which is funding the people you hate.

Lets sayyy you worked at a gas station, and you all know we hate the oil companies.. Well what if people saw an example of standing up to these gas stations and stopped working there just for the fact.. What would happen?.. Many would follow.. It only takes one domino for the whole thing to collapse. Now this would not be instantaneous whatsoever.. First people have to realize that this isn't working..

People need to realize what is the root cause of their unhappiness. Buying that new phone, new shoes, new whatever hasn't seemed to fulfill that yet if you've noticed. People work these shi^^ jobs to pay for school in order to get new jobs. They think the grass will be greener on the other side but what they have yet to realize is.. well.. nothing is going to change, your swapping one hell for the next. While you worked sooo hard to capture that one moment of getting a new job and a degree.. You forgot about 4-6 years of your life.. Once you capture that moment.. You have to ask yourself.. Now what?..

Then you realize something; who do I even share this moment with? I payed so much attention to capturing this moment that I've spent every waking second to achieve it and have isolated myself from being happy.. Now all you have is this new job, a new work goal, new bills, and whatever but no end in sight.

People want someone else to stand up to all of this first.. Idk what feels worse.. Me being a sheep or me being a willing sheep?

We are the worst ones if you think about it.. We point fingers at the ones who aren't woken up yet but we play the same game they do and know what were affecting.

If everyone stands around with their hands in there pants who will do this? Who will break the ice?

It has to be each and every one of us.. We say we need a mass amount of people.. Well we are that mass amount of people aren't we? We are that group of people.. And once it's started more will follow, soon after that the resistance will come.

Once the resistance comes.. its when people who aren't "awake" will be woken up.. It's an avalanche.

Everyone is waiting on V to pop on the TV screen.. This isn't a rant btw.. just something I wanted to throw out there..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I agree with you wholeheartedly, and have been wondering myself the last few months about this. And if I'm thinking about this, then I should do it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Swamper

Everyone comes to this website and worries about what they say... But the real question is what afraid of?
Dying?

We're already dead..
edit on 6-6-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am not one to just step up and lead, although I would make an excellent first lieutenant, provided we were on the same page.

That said, if I knew people would follow, I would be the one to knock the first domino over.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

To be a leader you don't rally a group of people.. You make the first bold move..

If you've noticed all leaders don't find followers, followers find them.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i don't think everyone is waiting fur a leader...

everyone is waiting fur a catalyst...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

I understand.
But in my area, I do not think people would jump ship with me. I know the looks they give me about my views, which are viewed as rebellious. I am more than willing to go head to head on issues all by myself, but this is one thing I cannot do alone.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

It kind of seems like that, the only thing away from being physically dead is the events being prepared to kill us.

One of my first thoughts about ATS when I first saw the site, after seeing alot of very intelligent minds, is that they're saying all this stuff but for some reason believing something isn't enough to take action on it. If I was American, I would've gave up my life trying to bring pain to the group that took out the WTC.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Which could be every single one of us?..

Ask yourself.. What are we REALLY waiting on.. If we are going to be involved in this movement.. Why are we not already? If we will fight then, why not now? Are we waiting for the chips? Once we get chips are we going to wait until if we are bad we get put in time out (deactivating the chips)?

What event are we actually going to wait for? Because if you noticed.. Many events have ALREADY happened.. and they passed like another doomsday date on ats.. Nothing happened from the people..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Pelvi

I understand.
But in my area, I do not think people would jump ship with me. I know the looks they give me about my views, which are viewed as rebellious. I am more than willing to go head to head on issues all by myself, but this is one thing I cannot do alone.

You can't really do it alone, right from the beginning you need people that listen to and agree with your views and they're hard to find even in a list of close friends.
edit on 6/6/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Pelvi

I understand.

I promise you.. People will follow..
Instead of fighting against the system and trying to be a leader, fight for something.

See when people see things like OWS its projected as fighting against what the average person is accustom to.. Therefore bringing out a defensive side in them..

If you fight for something they think they already have, and things they want, and whatever the basic human needs are.. Then that's whats worth dying for.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Which could be every single one of us?..

Ask yourself.. What are we REALLY waiting on.. If we are going to be involved in this movement.. Why are we not already? If we will fight then, why not now? Are we waiting for the chips? Once we get chips are we going to wait until if we are bad we get put in time out (deactivating the chips)?

What event are we actually going to wait for? Because if you noticed.. Many events have ALREADY happened.. and they passed like another doomsday date on ats.. Nothing happened from the people..

I think the answer to that question is relatively simple. For all intents and purposes those "things" have not really have a direct impact on the individuals as a whole, as in a daily disruption of their status quo lifestyle.

The thumbs of oppression is being applied in such a way that the people do not have a human target so to speak, the only target is the system itself. This becomes a NIMBY thing, once the thumbs of oppression comes bearing down on individuals door step, then and only then will we see the backlash coming forward. Most people do not know who to be mad at, and that helps keep them at bay for those that do not understand how the system is working.

Only until people start becoming inconvenienced and hindered in their daily lives will they begin to speak out. Until people can begin to see past all the distractions that preoccupy our time, then we will all continue slogging along, miserably. Once the issues start landing on peoples front door steps will they begin to act. My question is, how do we accelerate the process just fast enough to get people pissed off enough to start fighting back.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi

If you fight for something they think they already have, and things they want, and whatever the basic human needs are.. Then that's whats worth dying for.

As it stands today....That means I would fight for things like DWTS, FB, iphones....because that is all that the masses seem to be interested in at the moment.

There is no way I can fight for those things, but if it were actually for basic human needs then ok, fine.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I am not one to just step up and lead, although I would make an excellent first lieutenant, provided we were on the same page.

That said, if I knew people would follow, I would be the one to knock the first domino over.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Ahh, so you want to be the person behind the curtain.

The...um...PTB?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've been leading for years.
I don't shop at walmart, I buy Made in the US and avoid foreign crap like the plague.
I vote with my wallet and speak up with no regard for anyones "feelings", if it is wrong I speak up.
Not all of my views are "respected" but they are mine and I have found them to be just in my situation.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I vote with my wallet and speak up with no regard for anyones "feelings", if it is wrong I speak up.

Oh man, you hit the nail on the head. This is my biggest obstacle, in my world it is expected that everyone walk on eggshells and to avoid conflict at all costs. I work at a university and the hand holding that I am expected to do is worse than any epidemic I have seen. I tell people all the time that I am not interested in feelings but only the facts. Then, you should see what happens when I must make a decision and base it off the facts at hand instead of peoples "feelings."

Well said.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Now you are twisting and stretching my comments and I am not going to entertain the notion.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

reply to post by TDawgRex

Now you are twisting and stretching my comments and I am not going to entertain the notion.

Relax

It was all in good fun, hence the LOL.

top topics

join