It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Talk Show Host: National Anthem is an ‘Abomination’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Side note: I think this might be the right forum for this issues if not mods please move to the right one for me.

I don't agree with his opinion, but I find it questionable why other people who are Americans would continue to listen to him and then get "upset" by what other talk show hosts, might accidently or intentionally say. If you don't like it turn the radio on something else.

Why is only "certain people get in trouble for what they say. I thought this was a free country and we could express our non-dangerous opinions as we saw fit, as long as they weren't harmful, hurtful, or destructive.

But as I have been a lurker and now a member, I have begun to see which way the barn door is swinging, so to speak.

Constitutional free press

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All national anthems are stupid and ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I listened to this a few hours ago, and I was outraged. But after considering it, he's not far off the mark. It was written to the tune of a drinking song (which was already hard to sing), and he had to make his words fit the music. I don't think it's an abomination, and I certainly don't get embarrassed listening to it (that's going a bit overboard), but our national anthem could use an update.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Meh, his opinion. Mine differs. For me the National Anthem is less about the song and more about the feeling it inspires when I hear it. I would normally say he's just trying to drum up attention but I'm actually surprised this garnered any outrage. He just sounds a little doofy to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I like the National Anthem, it tells a story (History) and imparts a lesson as well.

The lesson is obvious.

Always fight the good fight and never give up.

It's a timeless message to all.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
National anthems are really nothing more than propaganda.

If your kids were to be required to sing the North Korean national anthem for even ONE DAY at school, you'd be saying the same. That it's propaganda.
edit on 6-6-2012 by cetaphobic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
If your a republican in Britain (there arn't many of us) Then singing the British national anthem brings no sense of national pride.

God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen!

source: www.lyricsondemand.com...

What is amusing, is that there are 4 more verses but very few people know them, they just repeat the first verse 4 times. Even the hardcore flag wavers at the Queens Jubilee struggled with the other verses.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To understand this one first has to understand the aim of a liberal: To get rid of all nations and cultures for the sake of "equality".As in physics/chemistry equalization is neutralization, the final goal of leftism is the destruction of mankind. At their core liberals are misanthropists. They call culture, respect, country, reverence, family, accountability "fascist". Anything just and good is compared to the ultimate evil of the 20th century - fascism and nazism. Thats the card they keep playing over and over and over - hold up a picture of someone singing the hymn and beside it a picture of hitler. Luckily, the public is not stupid enough to fall for it...yet.

top topics

join