It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do most Religions say that sex is bad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Becuase it liberates people in a way that they cannot control.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

Sex is definitely bad and dirty too....but only if you do it proper

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by The Old American
Religions don't teach that sex is bad. They teach that sexual immorality is bad. Engaging in sex for pleasure only, instead of for procreation, is a sin (according to religion), because sex was created for one reason: to propagate the species.

/TOA

That's B.S. read the Song of Solomon sometime. Also ponder why God gave women the female orgasm.

/facepalm

So that's it! God is getting it all. No wonder I've been put out to pasture.
That explains why I had a girlfriend long ago that named her vibrator "God"...

Seriously, the preachers, priests, rabbis, and imams will preach that sex is bad, shouldn't be performed long, etc. They just want all of it for themselves...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
"Why do most Religions say that sex is bad"....
prohibited for the priests....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Probably the same bloodline eugenicists that control our world now.. controlled the world back then.

2nd

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by albertabound

That's the smartest thing anybody with an avatar of Ricky has ever said...
What comes around is all around.

Also, I agree with the OP.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think that the reason most religions think of sex as bad, is because they think that sex is good when it is between two individuals who are bound together for life. They think that sexual encounters outside of this bond lessen the value of this bond. They think that it is important for a family to stay together to raise children, and for no one to cheat on their significant other. They think that sex is something that should be valued, and getting it for free whenever you want lessens that value.

So yeah, religions like sex. Think of the Mormons or the Catholics and all the kids they have. Jewish men have a religious obligation to sexually satisfy their wives every Friday night.

Just answering your question, I realize non-religious people have a different viewpoint on this, but I happen to know this viewpoint well having been raised Christian and I think you wanted to know the answer, right?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight

/TOA

/facepalm

Seriously, the preachers, priests, rabbis, and imams will preach that sex is bad, shouldn't be performed long, etc. They just want all of it for themselves...

So you're the guy with the big chopper....and a yard full of sticks!

And seriously, you're right, considering that most religions are male dominated, they should know..see my previous post. Maybe there should have been a qualifying, 'Did you know' section to this thread,

Catholics, for instance, can avoid procreation... ahem, if they can figure out the ovulation cycle, (but that is is equivalent to saying yes, when no is as good an answer) you can see where I'm going, that allowable 'avoidance' was around before the pill.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
How many preachers, ministers and priests have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. They point the finger at their followers and than do the same thing they condemn in secret.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The books have some strict and loose guidance . Adultery might be fun but it leads to highly unpleasnt results like murder , so its not to be indulged , lol . Thats the reason the quran gives anyway . Sounds like sense to me.

What it doesnt say though , is a lot . In fact the bible says even a eunuch who s a beleiver and fears god is welcome in heaven . And you know what they'd call a eunuch these days - a shemale . If they are good enough for King David's court , what have you now got to moan about ?
All I will say is dont get "_the Books" mixed up with "religion/ religious rot" is all.
Christianity , is rather more an ideological system of social control than any propersummation of evidence to " beleive " at all , so quotes from books by Paul the apostle dont count count as far as i'm concerned , while other books and or/ associated religions like hinduism and buddhism do .

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

People filled with fear are easier to be manipulated. It applies to frustration too.
People say something like 'desire clouds your judgement' or something like that.
It is easier to fool people with unfulfilled needs and desires. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
it comes from the ancient knowledge that a man loses energy if he spills his sperm. if he conserves his sperm and has intense bhakti or does proper yoga it can be pulled up the spine. also you master the mind in controlling lust.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Nothing in the Bible says "sex is bad".

Incorrect, there are several references in The Bible to homosexuality being "immoral", and several references to sex not being used for pleasure alone.

Personally, I don't think we should be using a 2,000 year old collection of myths and bedtime stories as a basis for a major worldwide religion.

Just as a disclaimer, I am HEAVILY in favor of gay rights.
edit on 6-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

There is nothing in the Bible saying sex for pleasure is wrong, you're making that up.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Religions don't teach that sex is bad. They teach that sexual immorality is bad. Engaging in sex for pleasure only, instead of for procreation, is a sin (according to religion), because sex was created for one reason: to propagate the species.

/TOA

That's B.S. read the Song of Solomon sometime. Also ponder why God gave women the female orgasm.

/facepalm

I've never in my life heard a preacher teach that "sex is bad". Or that sex for pleasure is a sin. You people are making up nonsense.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

/TOA

/facepalm

I've never in my life heard a preacher teach that "sex is bad". Or that sex for pleasure is a sin. You people are making up nonsense.

lol i have. i remember being thought that sex's only purpose is to make children(and according to evolutionist this is the same). you must be listening to some backslider!!!!!!!111

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

I have wondered this myself, great question. I guess it would take a special kind of, devoted person to refrain from an orgasm entirely. Maybe when they reach their spiritual goal, we are the ones missing out. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

/TOA

/facepalm

lol i have. i remember being thought that sex's only purpose is to make children(and according to evolutionist this is the same). you must be listening to some backslider!!!!!!!111

Bible verse please? I call you out.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

/TOA

/facepalm

Bible verse please? I call you out.

"I've never in my life heard a preacher teach"i responded with "i have" never said was in the bible dear, not that i even care if it is or not

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
You're lying. Preachers don't teach that because the Bible teaches the complete opposite. Just admit you're trolling.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I made a similar thread about a week ago. You might enjoy it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join