It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poleshift Ning posts evidence of "wrong" path of Venus transit - site immediately goes down???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I don't know the exact details as the site is down, I just got a screen capture from the Google archives which says the last archive copy is from 12:52 GMT today.

The gist of it is that on the Poleshift ning, they give evidence whereby the predicted path of the Venus transit and the actual path were significantly different - different enough as to be not easily explainable.

I think it is a huge coincidence that the post of this evidence was the last post before the site went down - and I don't believe in coincidences. I've never seen the site down before.

Anyway, here is a screen shot of the last blog post:

Please don't ask me to prove anything, I will wait to see what their evidence is when the site goes back up. I don't think they would post this if they didn't have decent evidence.

Post of wrong Venus transit - site goes down. You add it up.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
sounds interesting,and strange..
experts please?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I really, really, really, really, really have a problem with Nancy Lieder.
If there's any proof that doesn't include her, let me know.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
experts please?

It would seem someone wants this hidden from the public. Remember, a director of DARPA, of which I assume you are all aware, recently moved over to a high level job at Google:

www.activistpost.com...

Also, be wary who you deem to be experts on here, blog management is a big part of disinfomation/propaganda these days:

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
I really, really, really, really, really have a problem with Nancy Lieder.
If there's any proof that doesn't include her, let me know.

Yes, she was wrong about the 2003 date, and IMO she should have never counselled people to kill their pets, but she has actually been right about hundreds of other things, and let me humbly suggest that if one of your life philosophies is to judge the message by the messenger you might run into difficulties.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

No, she is yet to be right about one damned thing. She makes my skin crawl.

And, might I suggest in turn, that before you accept the message, you consider the source?
Otherwise, you might run into difficulties

edit on 6-6-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by cantsee4looking
experts please?

It would seem someone wants this hidden from the public. Remember, a director of DARPA, of which I assume you are all aware, recently moved over to a high level job at Google:

www.activistpost.com...

Could be for many, many reasons. Is there a conspiracy if I quit McDonalds to work at Burger King?
He could have just, I don't know, wanted to work somewhere else...

Also, be wary who you deem to be experts on here, blog management is a big part of disinfomation/propaganda these days:

www.activistpost.com...

Her site is blog too..

I think she took down her own website because she knew she was wrong.

Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later abandoned) causing Earth to undergo a pole shift that would destroy most of humanity. The prediction has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous Internet doomsday groups, most of which link the event to the 2012 phenomenon.

Her and a great deal of people on this website think they are prophets.

We have shown that Nancy Lieder is hopelessly confused about basic astronomy topics. She has no experience or training in astronomy or astrophysics, and that the claims she makes run counter to known physics that even elementary school students understand. She is unable to rebut critiques and instead makes a retreating claims (e.g. That 'humans do not know everything') or she resorts to invective, ad-hominem attacks, claims of vast conspiracies and plots to discredit her.

Ouch.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
the site you mentioned is back up and i have to say i viewed the footage with much surprise. indeed it looks like Venus went across the sun in more of a straight line.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
In order for the Venus transit across the sun to appear "wrong", we would need two situations:

1) The Earth's position or axial orientation is wrong or has moved.

or

2) The orbital path of Venus has changed.

The first can be easily proven one way or another by observing everything in the sky from the sun, the moon to stars. If the Earth's orbital path has changed, or axial tilt has changed, it would be directly reflected by the positions of those objects. Last night I was outside with my telescope and the RA and Dec coordinates of every star and deep space object I looked at were in the correct position that they have always been in according to my star charts, so I would have to say Earth has not moved except along it's normal path.

The 2nd one, you need to show proof that Venus has changed it's orbital path by showing it's position while it transited the sun, and what difference (if any) there was.

A website of a highly speculative person going down, does not show either of those I'm afraid.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
In order for the Venus transit across the sun to appear "wrong", we would need two situations:

1) The Earth's position or axial orientation is wrong or has moved.

or

2) The orbital path of Venus has changed.

The first can be easily proven one way or another by observing everything in the sky from the sun, the moon to stars. If the Earth's orbital path has changed, or axial tilt has changed, it would be directly reflected by the positions of those objects. Last night I was outside with my telescope and the RA and Dec coordinates of every star and deep space object I looked at were in the correct position that they have always been in according to my star charts, so I would have to say Earth has not moved except along it's normal path.

The 2nd one, you need to show proof that Venus has changed it's orbital path by showing it's position while it transited the sun, and what difference (if any) there was.

A website of a highly speculative person going down, does not show either of those I'm afraid.

did you look at the footage taken from sloos?

Mauna Kea footage overlay.

edit on 6-6-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
the site you mentioned is back up and i have to say i viewed the footage with much surprise. indeed it looks like Venus went across the sun in more of a straight line.

I still can't access the site, maybe I'll try it from another location.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That whole site is just goofy as hell. It's not informative at all, it's simply fear-mongering. If you suggest even in hushed tones that it's not all the doom and gloom that they present there, you are unceremoniously and immediately banned from the site altogether. Critical thinking is not allowed under any circumstances. Clearly, people are not dying globally en masse, but they would have you think so! Not a credible nor even worthwhile source of info, to my mind.

And yeah, that Nancy is a bit of a creepy one.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Could you provide a link to those images please? Thanks ahead of time.

And I would ask, what is the orientation of the camera in those images? If I turn the camera around right, I can make it look like Venus transited across the bottom of the sun, from right to left if I wanted to.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Thanks LittleBlackEagle! Looks different to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

poleshift.ning.com...

that's why i mentioned but forgot to add the link. also i am hoping for some kind of confirmation if someone puts together a time laps at Slooh's.

you should be able to confirm or deny based on the position of the sun spots present.

events.slooh.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If you watch the video on SLOOH, you can see the transit shown from different cameras, that are at different angles. Venus appears at the top of the sun in one shot, and at the bottom of the sun in another shot. Take a look at these pictures, depending upon the orientation of the camera, can change the "path" of Venus across the sun. That is why it's VERY important to show the compass points of the sun when trying to say that it didn't follow the path it was suppose to:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

true enough but unless you alter the images, you can't change the orientation of the sun spots verses Venus and get away with it. so my question is based on the sun spots and assuming they weren't altered does it appear it wasn't on the expected course?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

true enough but unless you alter the images, you can't change the orientation of the sun spots verses Venus and get away with it. so my question is based on the sun spots and assuming they weren't altered does it appear it wasn't on the expected course?

Yes it is important to note the positions of the sun spots during the transit, as it can tell us if the camera was orientated differently, or if the photo has been turned.

Here was the predicted path of the transit:

Source

Here are some pictures taken by people showing the sunspots:

Now, let's take a look at the photo's from the Nancy Lieder people:

Source

Oh my.......looks like those sun spots are in a different position in their photos too.......

Considering just how massive of an event this was, with not only official agencies, but just about every university and college, not to mention every back yard astronomer watching this event......you would think that if Venus had transited across the sun in the wrong place, there would be an explosion of information on that across the internet.
Instead, we have only groups like Nancy Lieder exclaiming this.......with photos that have been turned or camera orientations that are turned.

For the hundreds of millions of people watching this event, it happened just like it was suppose to.

Food for thought.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The apparent path of Venus across the sun depends on a variety of factors pertaining to the equipment used, all of which is far above Nancy's level of understanding. For instance, the stream I watched was from a fellow amateur in Tacoma. He was using a Lundt solar scope mounted on an iOptron minitower. That's an alt-az mount for small scopes, and as such it is subject to field rotation. The apparent path will therefore be influenced by field rotation in a way that is completely dependent on the observer's location. One of the most popular applets people used to figure out the path of Venus showed its path from an altitude-azimuth perspective based on their location - if you alter your location manually in the applet, it completely changes the path.

From a polar aligned perspective, and only from a polar aligned perspective, the path of Venus WAS a straight line. However, most scopes that were streaming were not polar aligned, for the most part they were small solar scopes on altitude-azimuth mountings. Even the polar aligned scopes would show disagreement with the applet, however, as the applet assumed you were viewing from an altitude-azimuth perspective.

There's also the issue of camera orientation as well; you can freely rotate cameras within the draw tube of a telescope, so they can be oriented any which way. A permanent privately owned observatory I helped set up has two solar scopes that are polar aligned, but their cameras are rotated 90 degrees so that they can be secured on a cross bar that runs between the two scopes which are mounted side by side on the same polar mount.

In short, Nancy has no clue what she's talking about, she knows nothing about astronomy or astrophotography and she makes false assumptions from her ignorance.
edit on 6-6-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And just in case there is a question of the orientation of the sun spots. Take a good look at this picture taken by ATS Member gavron, in this thread (the 2nd picture):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The transit was visible here in the US during sunset. You can see the horizon clearly in his 2nd picture (lovely cactus out there in Arizona btw). The sun was setting, so the picture is facing West. That means North is to the right of the picture. You can now orientate the sun that it's north pole is to the right. Now look at the sun spots and where they are.

Now go back and look at the other pictures taken. ESPECIALLY those taken by the Nancy people......

Case closed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join