It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British SAS & MI6 spies are on the ground in Syria. French, Turkish and Americans expected to join.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Sheesh.

The Brits got boots on the ground first in Syria, and are planning to set up 'safe zones' for rebels/ refugees. They also intend to gather intel on Assad's actions against his own people.

If civil war breaks out, the SAS will help the rebels to fight Assad's forces; it would be expected that French, Turkish and American troops would then pile in to help kick Assad's rear into the dirt.

This looks like it could be the spark that ignites the blue touchpaper. Russia and China have been standing firm against the USA, but how will they respond to the British taking the initiative against their ally?

SAS troops and MI6 agents are in the country ready to help rebels if civil war breaks out as ­expected this weekend.

They also have ­hi-tech satellite computers and radios that can instantly send back photos and details of refugees and ­Assad’s forces as the situation develops.

Whitehall sources say it is vital they can see what is ­happening on the ground for ­themselves so Assad cannot deny atrocities or battles.

And if civil war breaks out the crack troops are on hand to help with fighting, said the ­insider.

Foreign secretary William Hague has refused to rule out using ­military action to stop Assad’s ­regime attacking his own people.

“Safe havens would be an invasion of Syria but a chance to save lives,” said a senior Whitehall source.

The British troops would be part of an international force ­including French and Turkish soldiers and possibly Americans.

SAS in Syria - June 3rd, Daily Star, UK newspaper

edit on 6-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: editing title AGAIN as I scribbled that a totally different country was getting invaded. FACEPALM.

CX

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Before i get too interested though. are there any more sources apart from The Daily Star? Not saying it's not reliable, but it does happen to me more a source of the "nipple count" competition in my local pub than for news.

CX.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm British, and I will at this point state that if anyone can be counted on to get the job done right, it's the SAS.

All we've heard for a while now from certain ATSers, (no names mentioned as it's pretty damn obvious) is that Assad is innocent, and the massacres are inspired and conducted by the CIA in order to allow for a US invasion of Syria etc etc etc.

So pretty soon we should see the truth.

Unless - heaven forbid - the PTB in the UK are in cahoots with the Americans, and are in fact laying the groundwork in Syria on their behalf, in order that our friends across the pond don't stick their necks out too far while the Russians and Chinese are talking tough.

If British forces and intelligence agencies can convince the Russians of Assad's guilt, maybe they won't get too antsy when the USA send in the heavies?

edit on 6-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I actually think this use of the Daily Star might be a cunning plan initiated at Whitehall to keep this out of the serious press...

Quietly, quietly, the government can state truthfully that they did let the public know what was going on. If not many intellectual types of status and influence happen to read the Daily Star that's hardly the fault of the government is it?

Hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i'd of been more suprised if there wasn't SAS on the ground there providing detailed intel back to the UK (probably along with the Americans/French/Russians/Anyone with even a passing interest doing the same thing)

if things do go serious there will be need to secure/destroy certain positions just as communications hubs/military control centres fast and its the sort of thing that special forces are trained for

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment

I'm sure we will.

In the form of the Al-Qaida flag flying over Damascus.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here we go again, special forces on the ground starting another revoloution, exactly as we did throughout the entire arab spring. soon as its over we will put in a puppet government and milk the place. When are people gonna wake up. we are the bad guys we are the new nazis. Its abhorrent.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'm British, and I will at this point state that if anyone can be counted on to get the job done right, it's the SAS.

All we've heard for a while now from certain ATSers, (no names mentioned as it's pretty damn obvious) is that Assad is innocent, and the massacres are inspired and conducted by the CIA in order to allow for a US invasion of Syria etc etc etc.

Unless - heaven forbid - the PTB in the UK are in cahoots with the Americans, and are in fact laying the groundwork in Syria on their behalf, in order that our friends across the pond don't stick their necks out too far while the Russians and Chinese are talking tough.

If British forces and intelligence agencies can convince the Russians of Assad's guilt, maybe they won't get too antsy when the USA send in the heavies?

edit on 6-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling...

No Poop! What do you think has been going on in North Africa and the ME? It is the terror arms of the Americans and Brits who are creating the havoc and terror...... This is an unmistakable pattern by the neo-colonialists to reshape NA and the ME

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And honestly OP if you are reading the daily star you may as well have removed your brain and put it in the fridge. That type of gutter press IS TPTB. next youl be telling us that there is a difference between the tories and labour.WAKEY WAKEY.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Quit casting aspersions buddy. I don't read the Daily Star; I found the story on someone else's thread and decided to make a thread featuring the item as a main topic.

If you'd bothered to read my replies you would've noticed I make a comment specifically relating to the fact that the intelligentsia don't read the Daily Star - and this might have been part of the reasoning for Whitehall releasing the story to them.

So in turn - WAKEY WAKEY. All caps - just in case you had started to nod off...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Wow. One flag - does ATS not care?

This is quite significant, considering that the original source (forgetting the Daily Star for a moment) is officials in Whitehall.

Civil war is expected to break out in Syria, followed by specific actions led by British special forces termed 'INVASION' by our own officials.

So we're propping up the American long-game. And nobody on ATS cares a hoot. Wow.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's a distraction from the coming attack on Iran.Yes we are without a doubt already aware of the activities with assets in Syria.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Sorry bud, i wasnt trying to be smart, just when i here things like the daily star mentioned my blood boils. I take your point.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Something like 1/4 of all Russian foreign military equipment and weapons sales are bought by Syria, so I don't think it's about convincing Russia of anything. Their foreign policy on this issue is based on money and the old realpolitik of the geopolitical chess board.

And don't think I'm getting all high and righteous about US policies vs. Russian and China in this regard. The US (and the UK for that matter) have done much the same more times than I can even remember.

I'm sure there's been MI6 and SAS on the ground there for some time, probably CIA and U.S. Special Forces too, it's just now they are being more open about the Brits, which I'm sure was some sort of calculated move. They probably figure the latest massacre gives them political cover internationally to start taking more overt action. By having the Brits admit to it first it's a bit less provocative than the US admitting to it. And the SAS and MI6 are certainly good at what they do, heck, it's from them the US learned their craft in these matters.
edit on 6/7/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

top topics

join