It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Survivalist Reality Show Winner to Get Own Bunker: (Im going for it as should all ATS survialist!)

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

"These are not people that you may think are living in a shelter in the middle of the woods," Spike exec says. "These could be your friends"




This artist rendering released by Vivos, an underground shelter network, shows a design for an underground bunker. Spike TV will be airing a six-episode series called "Last Family on Earth" a competition in which survivalists will compete for an underground bunker in an undisclosed location.


The Spike television network is airing a competition this fall to award a fortified bunker to a family that believes the end of the world is near. Seriously. The network said Tuesday that its six-episode series called "Last Family on Earth" will feature survivalists competing to show how tough and resourceful they are.[/ex

]"We're taking it very seriously," she said. "We know they're taking it very seriously, and we think it's going to be incredibly riveting."


Source: www.nbclosangeles.com...

Dam Straight I am going for this-at least apply. I don't know if I would be selected to compete but maybe one ATSer can be!!!!

Come on folks. Lets try to get one of us on there! I think it will be a very telling and "real" show. It will make people really think what is needed for survival and I am sure new things will be learned that will/would benifit a true survialist.

So, who's with me? !!!!! HooRah!!!!

(my official prepper/survialist icon)

INFO BELOW in POST. June 20th is last day to enter.

edit on 6/6/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Cool, I am in.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
While it would be cool to have a shelter given to you, with all the news of 'preppers' being labeled as terrorists, why would anyone WANT to go on a reality show voluntarily?

I think it just adds a bright, neon light that screams "LOOK AT ME GOV'T I AM A PREPPER". Wish it weren't the case, but it looks like it might be.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
no thanks ... severely cuts down on ones survival chances having ones face shown on television ...

not to mention avoiding unwanted attention from various paranoid government agencies and their minions in search of something to keep them occupied and "gainfully employed" in their cushy jobs ...



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
no thanks ... severely cuts down on ones survival chances having ones face shown on television ...

not to mention avoiding unwanted attention from various paranoid government agencies and their minions in search of something to keep them occupied and "gainfully employed" in their cushy jobs ...



Reminds me of the old "free speedboat" letters telling you to just hop by the local police station with some ID to claim the prize.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon
 


I could careless about what the Gov't thinks about my prepping. When the SHTF, they just might be pleasantly surprised at how many people are preparing for whatever event.

I want the dam bunker.... plain and simple. I looked at the cost to do one myself etc and I just can't afford a "real bunker".

And, I refuse to let the Gov't get me worried for doing what they asked us to do. Be prepared etc.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Daemonicon
 


I could careless about what the Gov't thinks about my prepping. When the SHTF, they just might be pleasantly surprised at how many people are preparing for whatever event.

I want the dam bunker.... plain and simple. I looked at the cost to do one myself etc and I just can't afford a "real bunker".

And, I refuse to let the Gov't get me worried for doing what they asked us to do. Be prepared etc.


Good on you then


I wish you the best of luck.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
How do you apply? I read the article at the link, but I'm not familiar with how to get noticed by Hollywood, LOL! How does one get their name in the hat?



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


Oh yes.... forgot about that. got busy

pilgrimstudios.com...


Looks like I am going to have to get my A Game on.... and the wife. Hmmmm. Maybe I will ask my fellow prepper group.... Anyway. Good luck.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Nope, I am out. You don't get your own bunker.

Participant will appear on a television program to compete for one or more ownership interests in a community-owned, underground Luxury Class Shelter provided by The Vivos Group for no more than six (6) immediate family members, including Participant. Non-Participant family members of any age are eligible for a place in the shelter. Conditions and restrictions for shelter co-ownership apply to all winning members. Additional taxes, fees and costs of ownership apply. For more details on Vivos Luxury Class Shelters, visit



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just a little note for those applying for the show. Most of the time the winner is chosen before the series even films. Also you should know that if chosen you will sign a release of your image/likeness or simulated image/likeness to be used however the producers see fit. And that release usually applies across the universe (no kidding, Andromeda Galaxy needs reality TV too!).

Most people don't care about those things, then they end up looking like idiots on TV, when really it is how it is edited. The producers just bank on people being more interested in the prize or fame, then how the footage will be manipulated.

Just some words of caution.

I love ATS preppers and I'd just hate to see one of you all get edited into stupidity

OiO



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888
 

Yes but think of all the knowledge you have and the huge audience you could be helping.
If you have the know this, this could be your chance to save many many family's.

there are many many others who have shown that they know how to survive, Do you think they are keeping an eye on them? i don't think so.

love and harmony
Whateva



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Just a little note for those applying for the show. Most of the time the winner is chosen before the series even films. Also you should know that if chosen you will sign a release of your image/likeness or simulated image/likeness to be used however the producers see fit. And that release usually applies across the universe (no kidding, Andromeda Galaxy needs reality TV too!).

Most people don't care about those things, then they end up looking like idiots on TV, when really it is how it is edited. The producers just bank on people being more interested in the prize or fame, then how the footage will be manipulated.

Just some words of caution.

I love ATS preppers and I'd just hate to see one of you all get edited into stupidity

OiO


Great Advice! I have known some girls that got caught up in this mess and had photos published that they would rather have not had published. It is pretty common to take photos or film under one guise, and then use it for another more profitable one.

As for me, I want to write a survival book, so if I were on the show, it would look great on the dustcover of my book, LOL!



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Nope, I am out. You don't get your own bunker.

Participant will appear on a television program to compete for one or more ownership interests in a community-owned, underground Luxury Class Shelter provided by The Vivos Group for no more than six (6) immediate family members, including Participant. Non-Participant family members of any age are eligible for a place in the shelter. Conditions and restrictions for shelter co-ownership apply to all winning members. Additional taxes, fees and costs of ownership apply. For more details on Vivos Luxury Class Shelters, visit


That's awful. What's the point? You win a bunch of regulatory responsibilities and tax liabilities. And it isnt even yours!



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72
 


OK, got the email typed, but I have to wait until I get home to attach photos.

I nominated myself plus their choice of either my wife, brother, or mother as my teammate.

I don't care about the underground bunker ownership. I wouldn't want that, unless it was something they could install on my property, but otherwise not interested. I just like the competition aspect, and the bragging rights.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 

After looking at the Vivos website, I think they only have 3 locations for these community shelters. Nebraska (25k per person), Indiana (50K for adults, 35K for children) and another I haven't found a location for, it's still under construction (about 10k per person, this is their "affordable" option). With those prices I wonder if Vivos will have a say in the selection process?

I wish you the best of luck on applying for the show! I think you would do well.

And if the show doesn't pan out, consider using Kickstarter for your book. I have a friend that is getting ready to film a documentary on the Texas Water Safari and it was funded thru Kickstarter. (I'd back you!)

OiO



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne
 



And if the show doesn't pan out, consider using Kickstarter for your book. I have a friend that is getting ready to film a documentary on the Texas Water Safari and it was funded thru Kickstarter. (I'd back you!)

OiO




THANK YOU for the support!


And I have just begun looking into kickstarter. I wasn't aware of it at all until my it was mentioned on the same program that featured a buddy of mine. He is using giveforward.com to help fund his cancer treatments.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I pass while a bunker is the ultlmate prep going on tv?

Nope violation of OPSEC.

There is always a shipping container that is "rather cheap" and just have it buried.



posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Participant will appear on a television program to compete for one or more ownership interests in a community-owned, underground Luxury Class Shelter provided by The Vivos Group for no more than six (6) immediate family members, including Participant. Non-Participant family members of any age are eligible for a place in the shelter.


So, wonder if this means the shelters are in a community of shelters? I think you do get your own shelter, but it's in a community of shelters.


Conditions and restrictions for shelter co-ownership apply to all winning members. Additional taxes, fees and costs of ownership apply. For more details on Vivos Luxury Class Shelters, visit


Here's the kicker.
Probably a monthly fee like a Condo Association, etc. Not to mention, the taxes and fees are something you'd have to come up with. So, on a $75K bunker, that could be pretty hefty.

My wife could never medically compete on such a show though...but I'll definitely watch this.




top topics



 
4

log in

join