It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Bible says you should stone to death your own daughter or wife?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by GLontra

I think this was before God gave Moses the ten commandments.
Until then murder could be justified under the law of Moses.

Murder can still be justified

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

You do realize the first covenant has been null and void for 2000 years now correct?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by GLontra

You do realize the first covenant has been null and void for 2000 years now correct?

Jews disagree with that...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

reply to post by GLontra

They also "disagreed" with Jesus.... Hint hint...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

reply to post by GLontra

Jews don't even follow Mosaic Judaism. When is the last time they sacrificed a bull or goat?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The Law, including stoning for this-or-that offense, was a teaching tool. It taught us how sinful sin really is. Later, a new lesson: grace (unmerited favor). The next lesson will be even better.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
reply to post by GLontra

Kinda makes me glad that its just a book of fiction.

Yes. Just stupid human hate for different views. If there is a Devil then this passage is clearly written by him since it is a bully thats is writing this who wants control over other people like a slaveowner.

Karma will sort crap like that out in the end because people who belive things like this will just create their own hell. I think I will disregard this blaspemeous scripture that says bad things about the all-loving ONE that is all. Sorry god that they do not understand you better. We both know you are better than this smallminded view in the bible.
edit on 6-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I enjoy learning lessons from the OT. Different times and different laws. Good thing Jesus came and taught us how to obey his commandments as according to him and not some pharisee sect. Mercy triumphs over judgement.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by GLontra

Jews don't even follow Mosaic Judaism. When is the last time they sacrificed a bull or goat?

This Passover they sacrificed a lamb (or ram i forget). They've started those sacrifices again.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And where is the temple? Since 70 AD it's been impossible to practice Mosaic Judaism.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by GLontra

Not sure why Christians spout this ambiguous line that has no OT scriptural evidence to validify it. So I'll just ask the obvious questions and see if I can get an honest answer without playing semantics, or being told I don't have the Holy Spirit.

1. Cite the Old Testament passage that says an expected king messiah would make parts of the law irrelevant and no longer binding, as Paul claimed.

2. Cite the Old Testament passage that says the new covenant would eliminate parts of the law and be based on faith in a human sacrifice that dies for your sins.

3. Cite the section of the law that says a human being is a valid sin sacrifice.

4. Cite the Old Testament passage that says introducing a new ritual that involves the drinking of blood would be part of the new covenant.

I'll be waiting for an honest answer.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

I could be a douche and ask you to provide the verse that shows Gentiles were a party to the first covenant to begin with, but I wont go there, instead I'll encourage you. Go for the law, good luck trying to keep it. Really, I wish you all the luck in the world. Remember, it must be kept perfectly, witbout fail, not even once. And good luck not having a temple to report to 3 times per year nor to take your sacrifices to.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

And where is the temple? Since 70 AD it's been impossible to practice Mosaic Judaism.

Certain Rabbi's have deemed that the temple is not required, just the "place of the temple" where it once stood. These were only simulation sacrifices but they still sacrificed. This last Passover took place somewhere on Mt. Olive if i remember right.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Certain Rabbi's have deemed that the temple is not required, just the "place of the temple" where it once stood. These were only simulation sacrifices but they still sacrificed. This last Passover took place somewhere on Mt. Olive if i remember right.

"Certain rabbis have deemed"...

Just like I said brother, today Judaism is TALMUDIC, not Mosaic.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Good luck keeping the sabbath the way its demanded in the OT as well...

Not easy at all... i tried in many years ago...

Lasted about a month... but then i found the truth

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Yeah, and never listen to anyone who tells you to gather away from home for worship on the Sabbath. If people really want to keep the OT Sabbath they cant leave their homes.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Or cook... or clean...

Or light a fire, which essentially means no electronics what so ever...

Ya... that part of my life was hellish

But the truth did set me free

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Or cook... or clean...

Or light a fire, which essentially means no electronics what so ever...

Ya... that part of my life was hellish

But the truth did set me free

The Jews have a Sabbath elevator in most multi-story buildings which stops on each floor automatically so they don't have to press the buttons which is somehow "work". Lol

edit on 7-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
reply to post by GLontra

Kinda makes me glad that its just a book of fiction.

The sad part is that many people may take it seriously, and kill their daughters who "dare" to talk at home that she converted to another religion...

Those passages were written to the Hebrews , Gods chosen people . They did not apply to any other persons . People skoff at them being Gods chosen people but they were held to much higher standards and when they did not heed Gods word they were punished severely as history shows us . They were chosen to be a holy people and an example to all the nations on how to live purely . If they followed Gods word they were blessed and punished harshly if not.

When Christ came a new covenant was put in place removing all the blood laws and offering forgiveness of sins through Him.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Bah. "Sunday worship is for Sol Invictus", right but if you use that same circular logic worshipping on Saturday is for Saturn. You can blindfold yourself and throw a dart at a calendar and any day it lands on will be a day dedicated to a pagan god or some pagan deities' holiday. However if you pay close enough attention, when creation was finished YHWH rested on the seventh day beginning at dusk on the even of the 6th day...

But nowhere i have been able to find, does he name a specific day, he just says if you work 6 days rest on the 7th. However the whole "sabbath" thing was a prophetic engagement signifying the SABBATH, the Lord's Rest which happens when everything here that is meant to happen is said and done with. Yeshua became our Sabbath. There's alot of legalists that will tell you saturday is the sabbath but the truth is we really do not know what day is really what day, the old hebrew biblical calendar was broken for 2000 years and there's no way to be certain the day we call saturday is not actually wednesday. 2000 years of missed biblical leap years throws the calendar way off.

Lastly where did you get those different emoticons? It's driving me up the wall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join