It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's put it to bed:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by HamrHeed

Substitute thought for taught.

ETA What day would you suggest as being appropriate for "celebrating Christmas" then? 1st of January? 1st of April? Maybe the 24th of June?

edit on 6/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

I would NEVER pick a day but it's well known that the 25th of december isn't yeshuas birthday. This event was marked by the romans, not by christians.
And the sabbath isn't sunday

link   

The spear of destiny? I am assuming you mean the trinket that many believe is said spear? Since we are helping history majors could you please link me up with your definitive proof of said spears origin? While I think I do understand how you come to the conclusion that hitler wasn't a christian, reading his personal writings and speeches one would think it was more of a deluded idea of christianity not a false belief. The nazi's as a whole were protestant or catholic not occultist. This doesn't mean there weren't some that practiced this within the ruling ranks that does not speak of the whole party. I'm not sure how you are threading together fantasy or simple stories with fact to work for you and your personal version of history but I would enjoy reading where your information has come from to see for myself.

link   
OK.. I am not going to argue this point other than to say I spent some time in Munich Germany and the surrounding areas and one odd little nugget of info I picked up is that EVERY town and I believe this to be law. Someone might want to look it up but every towns church has a tower or towers and no other structure is allowed to be taller. These churches are very old and had Hitler just been going through the motions of pretending to be a christian you would think this kind of importance would have have been put in place or left in place.

link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Celebrating "christmas" on the 25th like a good pagan? You have no idea what you're talking about bro, so leave before i destroy you.

I was planning on participating in your thread, but really... why should I? Your obviously a very rude person who has no intention of discussing anything at all. Just casting judgement on others and being insulting. "leave before I destroy you".. really? Is the internet tough guy going to come through my computer screen and beat me up?

Enjoy your stay here at ATS. I would imagine you wont be around much longer with your attitude.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

The church-tower thing is at the very least a European convention/unwritten rule if not an actual codified law - I can't speak for Germany but in the UK it's something that was at least attempted to abide by.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya

See, none of that was mentioned in the OP - even Hitler himself wouldn't have figured that out without being telepathic...

So Hitler was 'really' a pagan, and had only paid lip service to the Church to get various concessions/support etc. etc.? Is THAT your assertion? And then presumably the presence of 'Muslim allies' in his forces (volunteer troops, yes) supports his ability to accommodate any faith so long as he could gain?

If so, then you could also use Nazi support for the establishment of the state of Croatia (former Yugoslav Catholics) to support your theory - the irony of doing that while later accepting former Yugoslav muslims into the Waffen-SS at least shows the man had elastic principles...

See you were playing stupid just to get a rise out of me. Yea, it's offensive when people smear christianity when it's well known that the romans have poisoned the well of christianity. Why is this so hard to understand? I don't hate the pagan traditions and astrology, I just hate when this moron is put in our field. He was NEVER a christian.
If anything, he was a mutt, with a propensity for "catholicism" (anyone he couldn't control

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I wasn't "playing stupid", it's very clear that you didn't make these points until asked. Regardless, at least we know where this thread is meant to be going.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Still no salient point, I see.

Distinguish Hitler from Himmler, first.
Then distinguish the Wehrmacht from the SS.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Celebrating "christmas" on the 25th like a good pagan? You have no idea what you're talking about bro, so leave before i destroy you.

I was planning on participating in your thread, but really... why should I? Your obviously a very rude person who has no intention of discussing anything at all. Just casting judgement on others and being insulting. "leave before I destroy you".. really? Is the internet tough guy going to come through my computer screen and beat me up?

Enjoy your stay here at ATS. I would imagine you wont be around much longer with your attitude.

Wendal. I guess you do not understand that the 25th of december is a pagan celebration.
Maybe i will get banned but if I am putting truth out, it doesn't matter to me.
If you guys think hitler was a christian, there's no changing your mind I suppose

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by drivers1492

The church-tower thing is at the very least a European convention/unwritten rule if not an actual codified law - I can't speak for Germany but in the UK it's something that was at least attempted to abide by.

Thanks for clarifying that. They made it a point to point that out while I was over in Germany like it was a pretty much hard fast thing that they just didn't build buildings taller than the church which from my history classes I know is a symbol of the churches importance over all other things in the town. I took some pictures of some really neat looking ones over there.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492

The spear of destiny? I am assuming you mean the trinket that many believe is said spear? Since we are helping history majors could you please link me up with your definitive proof of said spears origin? While I think I do understand how you come to the conclusion that hitler wasn't a christian, reading his personal writings and speeches one would think it was more of a deluded idea of christianity not a false belief. The nazi's as a whole were protestant or catholic not occultist. This doesn't mean there weren't some that practiced this within the ruling ranks that does not speak of the whole party. I'm not sure how you are threading together fantasy or simple stories with fact to work for you and your personal version of history but I would enjoy reading where your information has come from to see for myself.

He supposedly posessed it while he tried to destroy the world. If a christian does such a thing, I would assume he is a fraud because what hitler did was the antithesis of christianity.,

Explain his blood rituals and link them to christianity. Please, I want you guys to prove something for once

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

See, none of that was mentioned in the OP - even Hitler himself wouldn't have figured that out without being telepathic...

So Hitler was 'really' a pagan, and had only paid lip service to the Church to get various concessions/support etc. etc.? Is THAT your assertion? And then presumably the presence of 'Muslim allies' in his forces (volunteer troops, yes) supports his ability to accommodate any faith so long as he could gain?

If so, then you could also use Nazi support for the establishment of the state of Croatia (former Yugoslav Catholics) to support your theory - the irony of doing that while later accepting former Yugoslav muslims into the Waffen-SS at least shows the man had elastic principles...

See you were playing stupid just to get a rise out of me. Yea, it's offensive when people smear christianity when it's well known that the romans have poisoned the well of christianity. Why is this so hard to understand? I don't hate the pagan traditions and astrology, I just hate when this moron is put in our field. He was NEVER a christian.
If anything, he was a mutt, with a propensity for "catholicism" (anyone he couldn't control

Why take such offense even if he was? Its not like he went out fighting in the name of Christianity. There have been people throughout history from all walks of life and from all religions that have done bad things, oppressed their people, killed people and even people that did commit mass murders in the name of their gods. Of all the history classes I have taken I dont ever remember anyone trying to convince me that Hitler did what he did to further Christianity or even in the name of Christianity. If he happened to "Be" christian and I am not saying he was or wasnt then what does it matter? Why take such offense to it? I dont.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Christianity is one giant blood ritual.
Deicide and consumption, to be exact.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Why take such offense even if he was? Its not like he went out fighting in the name of Christianity. There have been people throughout history from all walks of life and from all religions that have done bad things, oppressed their people, killed people and even people that did commit mass murders in the name of their gods. Of all the history classes I have taken I dont ever remember anyone trying to convince me that Hitler did what he did to further Christianity or even in the name of Christianity. If he happened to "Be" christian and I am not saying he was or wasnt then what does it matter? Why take such offense to it? I dont.

Because there is an obvious vendetta going on here

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

Germany has some beautiful churches, that's for sure.

As for the 'real' topic - are we to assume then that ANYONE who celebrates Christmas on December 25th isn't really a Christian? I say that simply because you've made such emphasis on that providing evidence that Hitler wasn't one either.

Also, going back to the Muslim point in the OP - are you saying that, because of the 'lie' of Hitler being a Christian, people find Islam much more comfortable/non-evil? Please clarify, since it was apparently worthwhile enough to post in the first place.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Against who? Or is this all in reference to some other thread which is not referenced here so I have no context for this? I am just going from your original post to now without context obviously so help me out here.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Kolya I find it hard to believe you studied anywhere if you're asking these questions.
I already laid out the inconsistencies with hitler being a christian and you idiots attack me.

SS hanzar gruppen 1.5 million volunteers from the grand muftis control with hitler.
What is the problem here?
Does this bother you? History?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A Christian is someone who is "Christ like". I think that rules out Hitler and probably most people throughout history who claim to be Christian.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Against who? Or is this all in reference to some other thread which is not referenced here so I have no context for this? I am just going from your original post to now without context obviously so help me out here.

Sorry. Yea it was tipped off by someone in another thread but apparently, there are more who need hitler to be a christian for their political goals. I am trying to shut this operation down because it's been going on for too long. The nazis history is out, and people still deny it because they were indoctrinated to hate us christians

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
A Christian is someone who is "Christ like". I think that rules out Hitler and probably most people throughout history who claim to be Christian.

You are right and I probably shouldn't have said many things but I'm sick of the division over nothing. Maybe I'm not a christian. I'll find out

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join