It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surgeon: Remove Kidneys for Transplant Before Donor's Death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by DarthMuerte

No Organs can be taken from your body without Family or your permission.
YET. 12 years ago any cop putting his hands down a 5 year old child's pants would have been arrested and imprisoned by his own partner. Now? Think about it. That is what "slippery slope" means.

Even the permission thing doesn't mean much, if you don't know that your loved one's death was "expedited".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

one could argue linking someone up to life support when they're in a vegetative state IS denying someone their time to die, but neither position is correct because everything happens according to god's plan.

A very good point indeed

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Now, I can agree in part to this if a patient is near death and there is no hope, if it means someone else can go on living with the organ then why not? Why wait a few hours for the near death patient to die if it puts the other person at risk.

However, it also reminds me of Star Trek V: The final frontier, when Sybok makes McCoy face his fear, the time he euthanised his father because he was in so much pain, only to find out a cure was days away (or something like that).

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I have seen so much!! I dont want anything to do with Hospitals, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers etc!! Healthcare is going to be the downfall of our country!! What good is healthcare when it takes everything you make just to pay for coverage. Im disgusted with all of it!! We need undercover FEDS in Hospitals!! Be on the look out for the RFID being introduced into healthcare..its already somewhere deep in the new healthcare bill..its suppose to be active 2014..Words of advise..always go back and check and see how youre medical bills are coded!! Dont let them put you on Electronic File..Refuse..and be careful of any release that you sign..please read this paper before you sign..

Personally, I want to learn how to live off the GRID period.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

I agree. Even medical professionals I know say that health care is all about business now; it is no longer about healing.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by Apollo7

Nice, one stop shopping for the rich. How hard is it to arrange a traffic accident when you need that liver or something?

Considering that cell phones all have GPS in them, not hard at all in aquiring your target. This is the kind of stuff that makes you want to be reclusive or promotes agoraphobia.
edit on 7-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Okay this freaks me out.

OMG

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So they kill someone, in order to save another, am I missing something? Two people are gravely ill, who do you save, and who do you kill? How is what this Doctor proposing, any different then a serial killer? Is it more honorable because he saved a life? Its obvious major money is a factor, or cutting up live humans is fun *cough Eric Newman cough*

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

That is the premise, yes. Kill the "useless eaters" to save the "elite".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I agree, the elite have had the benefit of illegal organ harvesting, which is not new. Now they want to aclimate us into excepting legal organ harvesting. I see the beginings of some pretty horrendous things coming.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

True. As a paramedic I have learned that death is not like the flipping of a switch, but rather a bizarre transitional phase or continuum. A person can be clinically dead and then wake up an hour later fully normal. It is a frightening phenomena. Any paramedic who has used electrical shocks to force a person's heart to beat ("pacing") has probably witnessed a person appear (and in fact be clinically) dead but open their eyes and resume talking in mid-sentence, just where they left off. Until damage to the body is so great that life cannot be sustained or until decomposition processes occur, "dead" is a relative term. I realize the value of organ donation, but I agree that we are headed down a slippery slope driven by political philosophies that regard humans not as unique sovereign beings but as "resources" owned by the state. The continual downgrading of human life caused by political philosophy will ultimately (and probably already has) result in some lives being more valuable than others. Thus, organs will be harvested from those who are less valued. I wonder at the noise made over fetal stem cells when the research on them has been so lackluster, while adult stem cell research is producing miracles. I think the trend is to deny humanity to fetuses, then infants, then the "brain dead", then the mentally or physically deficient. It is a process of desensitization that we need to be fearful of.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rourke

I have often wondered if something like that was behind the whole push for abortion rights? When any type of murder is just a "procedure" we certainly become more and more desensitized to death.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think a lot of you may be confusing organ donation (usually done highly ethically and very, very carefully in hospital situations) and organ trafficking, which as the name implies is a criminal activity. A rich guy paying off a doc and the operating room team to procure an organ would be trafficking and it would only require one person with a conscience to put the rest in jail for a very long time. As someone in the medical field, as far as I know, virtually 100% of potential organ donors are hooked up to full blown life support and are showing as clinically brain dead. Whether there is some 'play' in the EEG results is for someone else to figure out. We're not talking any level of deep coma, which is not brain dead. We're talking NO electrical activity whatsoever, and no response to extreme pain tests such as rubbing the sternum hard with knuckles, a needle in the foot, or something up against the eyeball.

The Reader's Digest type stories about people having their organs harvested and moving about in pain are either pure fantasy for the sake of RD's gullible readers, or the result of nervous system reflexes. Dead bodies can do some pretty bizarre things like gasp, let out air, urinate, defecate, twitch, etc. They're still dead, it's just nervous system random firings or part of the relaxation and then tightening of the muscles as the rigor mortis sets in.

To the poster who was worried about donating skin, what they do is take a planed specimen (much like those knives you use to take a thin slice of cheese). The skin is then put on a thing that punches holes in it, and that is grown on a culture medium. A small piece of skin can grow into tens of sq centimeters of new skin, usually used for burn victims. It's a true lifesaver and an incredible gift to the recipient. They don't skin you like a deer for your hide.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join