It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rejected Iranian no nukes offer in 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

WASHINGTON - France and Germany were prepared in spring 2005 to negotiate on an Iranian proposal to convert all of its enriched uranium to fuel rods, making it impossible to use it for nuclear weapons, but Britain vetoed the deal at the insistence of the United States, according to a new account by a former top Iranian nuclear negotiator.

Seyed Hossein Mousavian, who had led Iran's nuclear negotiating team in 2004 and 2005, makes it clear that the reason the offer was rejected was that the George W Bush administration refused to countenance any Iranian enrichment capability, regardless of the circumstances.

US rejected Iranian no nukes offer in 2005

ATS has been saying this for years now, but if this is true, this is proof that the U.S. has only had one goal in mind- THE INVASION OF IRAN.

The British and US refusal to pursue the Iranian offer, which might have headed off the political diplomatic crisis over the Iranian nuclear program since then, is confirmed by a former British diplomat who participated in the talks and former European ambassadors to Iran

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
no suprise there.
the two biggest waring nations have their eyes set on Iran.

as per usual the UK is Americas lap dog.
god i wish the UK had the balls to stand on its own two feet and think for its self.

no doubt when war kicks off (which it will), the UK will be selling arms to them while killing them at the same time.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Bill Hicks "Pick up the gun"

This short clip pretty much tells it like it is.

I had warned everyone I knew back in 2006 coming out of the Army.
I thought this would have happened by now.

I'm actually impressed by Iran's staying power.
edit on 6/6/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Because there would be no reason now to try and pump iran's arse, They do have foresight, gotta give them that.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I wonder if Obama would okay such an agreement if it was offered again...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Could it have been a bad offer?

The Iranians had made clear to the European three that they could not agree to any loss of their right to enrich, according to Jenkins, but the Europeans hoped that it was merely an opening negotiating position.

"I don't think we realized fully in March 2005 that Iran was not prepared to give up enrichment as the price of a settlement," Jenkins recalled. "We believed that if we could come up with sufficient incentives and scare Iran with the threat of referral to the [United Nations] Security Council, they would give in."
From the OP's source.

So Iran would keep enriching and would submit the issue of inspection to its parliament for a decision. What would the West get besides some promises (Which Iran has been a little spotty in fulfilling), and the knowledge that Iran was enriching Uranium as fast as it wanted to.

I think there's more to this story.

top topics

join