It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papal Prophecies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Cool, I caught him on that show a few days ago as well! You can also listened to him on www.redicecreations.com which he goes into more detail since they do not do commercial breaks.

I agree, all we can do is wait and see. The only thing that bothers me though is since Thomas Horn feels in his research that the final pope should arrive in 2012, this might turn people off if it does not happen this year.

Thats the biggest problem with date setting, even if they are on the right track, it all falls apart once the date passes with no result.

For me, when it comes to researching prophecy, I look more into the content of what might come to pass rather than an actual date.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Imagine how baffled beyond belief I became when I see how someone uses this Petrus Romanus prophecy as the center piece of their ludicrous claims that Petrus Romanus is a false Pope...

....Because the petrus romanus prophecy itself states without exception "HE WILL FEED THE SHEEP" and Jesus himself stated that "feeding the sheep/bringing the sheep to the pasture" is exactly what Jesus wants of the religious leaders! Oh my! (see John 21:17 and 10:7-16)

A Pope that does what Jesus wants by "feeding the sheep" is the false pope? pffffff. (one day this interpretation might make me cry, for so many reasons.)

It is better to just say the Malachy prophecy is false, rather than (pretend?) to support it while stabbing it with an ignorant lie.

The difference between the word "feed" and "pasture" is psychological in nature.

People are more familiar with the basic word feed. The word feed equates more readily to helping others and charity(feeding the poor/feeding the needy).

The use of the word "Pasture" creates distance away from goodness, and makes it more difficult for people to recall, notice, understand, and believe that Jesus spoke very, very positively about "feeding the sheep." It's all psychological and how people respond to different words. People choose their words carefully all the time.

If I hear someone say "pasture the sheep" I may not remember that 5 years ago I read "feed the sheep" in the Gospels. If I hear someone say exactly "feed the sheep" it's certainly more likely that I recall that Jesus stated those words.

Up to 2010 Wikipedia contained the word "feed" in the Prophecy of the Popes entry. I proved this in the previous post using the internet archives.

Someone has changed the wikipedia article in recent times.

The wikipedia article now states "This is USUALLY TRANSLATED into English as....pasture his sheep". Which is in FACT A LIE! .... it is not ussually translated that way.

After five to seven years of wikipedia accurately stating the truth("usually translated into English as...feed the sheep"), someone with a reason(motive) decided to edit the wikipedia article about Petrus Romanus into stating the lie. Probably around the end of 2011.

As for motives, how about financial gain and blinding the internet audience from connecting the prophecy to Jesus' words.

If you don't believe me, search the books to verify what is the truth about which English words that the prophecy is "USSUALY TRANSLATED INTO":

Go to BOOKS.GOOGLE.COM and type "petrus romanus feed" and you will get 225 results (a few weeks ago it was 351, a difference I find strange)

If you type "petrus romanus pasture" at books.google.com you get only 52 results. (a few weeks ago it was 78 results.)

Between the two english translations, 81% of the results go to "feed", 19% of results go to "pasture."

The prophecy is USUALLY TRANSLATED as "who will FEED the sheep"

Again due to recent changes, the wikipedia article states a lie about the Petrus Romanus prophecy.

And again, the purpose of using the word "pasture" would be to dim the lights on peoples ability to recognize that the Petrus Romanus prophecy is supposed to be a prophecy about a pope that finally "FEEDS THE SHEEP" in LOVE of God.

But of course the prophecy may not be divine in the first place.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantomfire707

Your getting hung up on this whole feeding and pasture part (which btw he used the term feed, not pasture) to read further into the prophecy. What the prophecy basically says is that during the time of the last and final pope. Peter the Roman will tend to his catholic followers during a time of great tribulation/persecution. Then the terrible judge (God, maybe) will judge his people. The End (but, end of the world, end of the papalcy, or end of the world as we knew it? Who knows?).

There are many catholics who believe that the last pope will be the false prophet who will usher in the reign of the anti-christ. That may be true and maybe it's not. However, since interpreting prophecy is up to the reader, I wouldn't pretend to assume I know it's true meaning and neither should yourself. As you said before, the whole prophecy itself could just be a hoax to begin with, so I wouldn't let it bother you like it has.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Last night I had the opportunity to look further into the archives (more recent information than the wayback machine archives.)

With this new evidence, I now KNOW for CERTAIN that the author in question is NOT the one responsible for changing the wikipedia article from "feed" to "pasture" for the sake of distancing the prophecy from Jesus' words.

I fully apologize to the author for that mistake. Sorry.

Sorry again.

---
However, THE SIMPLE FACT is that JESUS HIMSELF REVEALED the significance of "feeding the sheep" as being the WILL OF GOD!!!

IF it is the WILL OF GOD for a religious leader to FEED THE SHEEP / PASTURE THE SHEEP, what would wisdom reveal about a prophecy from Heaven that states he "WILL FEED THE SHEEP / PASTURE THE SHEEP" ????????

It makes absolutely zero sense (spiritually or otherwise) for God to reveal a prophecy pertaining to a bad pope that states he "will feed the sheep" when it is already in the Gospels that "feeding the sheep" IS THE WILL OF GOD.

In context, it is so freaking obvious that this prophecy is supposed to be about a pope that serves God.

Heaven certainly knows what "feeding the sheep" means, Jesus told us. Heaven would have known exactly what Jesus said about "feeding the sheep" when it delivered the prophecy to Malachy.

Based on Jesus' own spiritual revelations, it is certain that:
a Bad priest does not follow the will of God, a Bad priest does not "feed the sheep." (one must be willing or capable of understanding the symbolism, that the sheep are not really sheep, the food/pasture are not actually food for the stomach. That life is not the life of the body.)

"Pasturing the sheep" really means bringing the people "to the spiritual food."

The spiritual food sustains the life of the spirit. Jesus was sent to give life to the spirit of the world.

In God's eyes, there would be nothing more important for a religious leader than to feed the sheep, as it means to bring the spiritually dead people towards Christ's spiritual food that they may gain and sustain spiritual life.

In present day reality, the religious leaders have forsaken the sheep. They are starved.

How clearer can it get. Feed the Sheep = the will of God. Feed the sheep = a religious leader that loves God.

I feel like I'm trying to argue that 2 plus 2 does not equal 5.

Not to mention, that they both pertain to "PETER." which is a tie that binds.

Peter the first recognized Pope and Peter the last pope.

However, I do not believe that any Catholic should be blinded by Pope worship under any circumstance, not even if a prophecy says so, otherwise the potential exists that a bad priest or bad pope forsakes his duty and takes his followers far away from the true teachings of Christ.

What happens with a true servant of God (ie: pope) when he sees the end-times has finally arrived? In awe and fear of God he plunges his life into serving God to the limits. This can not be done by words but by deeds and love of Christ. So a good Pope at the moment of his end-times awakening would do everything he could to conform his life to the teachings of the Gospels. Helping others with his hands at every turn, meekness, charity, self-sacrificing, destroying his own ego, forgiveness, patience, etc....basically leading the way by his actions. On the other hand someone that serves hell would not be awakened with fear of God in the last times. He would be a slave to his ego, concerned with riches and creature comforts, arrogant, selfish, persecutor of his enemies, etc.

This Malachy prophecy could be a forgery published for the first time about 300 years after he died (a suspiciously long time).
edit on 9-6-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by HamrHeed

You hit up the Catholic church leadership, but in reality the Protestants were just as ruthless. The Muslims too. The Jews did their fair share of killing in the Old Testament. (Moses exactly wasn't a nice guy). etc etc. The days of open mass killing and theft by the major religions have mostly been replaced by dirty deeds done under cover of darkness - all the while carrying a 'normal appearance' while yelling 'political correctness must prevail'.

Satan has controlled all the major churches for centuries and some cases millenia .

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

It is obvious that the reason there will only be one more Pope is that humanity is quickly awakening and breaking free from the myth perpetuated by Catholic, Episcopal and Muslim clerics. Many of us simply do not NEED religion per se, we are becoming part of the larger cosmic consciousness.

Do I believe in life beyond death? Yes. Do I believe in organised religion for religion's sake? No.
As spiritual beings, we NEED to experience the physical world to grow, on death we return to the source of all life, taking our experiences with us adding and sharing them together.

We have a duty to experience as much of this world as we can, not to excess, but to grow!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Frankly I don't know what I should believe about these times and prophecy. The evidence divides me.

Here's a few papal prophecies.

According to one prophecy (by Marie Jahanny, allegedly), a Pope will (1) reverse his policies at (2) the *last* moment and make a (3) solemn appeal to the clergy but (4) he will not be obeyed..

((Sister Aiello, 1961): “Oh, what a horrible vision I see! A great revolution is going on in Rome! They are entering the Vatican. The Pope is all alone; he's praying. They are holding the Pope. They take him by force. They knock him down to the floor. They are tying him. Oh, God! Oh God! They are kicking him. What a horrible scene! How dreadful! Our Blessed Mother is drawing near. Like corpses those evil men fall down to the floor. Our Lady helps the Pope to his feet and, taking him by the arm, she covers him with her mantle saying: ‘Fear not!’ Flagstaffs collapse, and power is gone out of the clubs of those evil brutes. These atheists are shouting: ‘We don’t want God to rule over us; we want Satan to be our master!’)

If an invasion of the Vatican did happen, it's almost certain that one of it's aims would be to kill or arrest the Pope. According to that prophecy above (literal?) the foreign invaders or a mob will have succeeded in capturing the Pope but a supernatural intervention free's the pope from their grasp (before they can kill or jail him).

(Sister Aiello): "The Pope will suffer much, and all this suffering will be like an agony, which will shorten his earthly pilgrimage. His successor will guide the boat in the tempest."

((Brother John of the Cleft Rock, 14th Century): "Towards the end of the world, tyrants and hostile mobs will rob the Church and the clergy of all their possessions...Those who heap the most abuse upon them will be held in high esteem. At that time, the Pope with his cardinals will have to flee Rome in tragic circumstances to a place where they will be unknown. The Pope will die a cruel death in his exile.")

((Anne Catherine Emmerich): "The Church is completely isolated and it is as if it were completely deserted. It seems that everyone is running away. Everywhere I see great misery, hatred, betrayal, anger, confusion and total blindness.")

(From the book 'Catholic Prophecy' by Yves Dupont:
"Premol (5th century): ....The cities are destroyed, the natural elements are set loose, the earth quakes everywhere. The Church, O Lord, is torn apart by her own children. One camp is faithful to the fleeing Pontiff, the other is subject to the new government of Rome which has broken the Tiara. But Almighty God will, in His mercy, put an end to this confusion and a new age will begin. Then, said the Spirit, this is the beginning of the End of Time."(pg 72-73))

?????????????????
edit on 11-6-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavianbut possible as we currently have a Nazi Pope!

I am not a Roman Catholic, but is this not a lazy bit of received widsom- it was Nazi youth and a non voluntary membership?

Hardly makes him a Nazi pope

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Don't really understand these Christian people who believe that the world is about to end in this near future. If you are a Christian you would have realized that Jesus will return to govern this world for a thousand years and then the world ends. Before Jesus returns as the "Word" there will be Jacob's Trouble or better known as The Great Tribulation but that will not be the end of the world. There will not be one of us alive now who will see the end of the world. There may be some who are alive now who will see the Tribulation but not the end of this world. Meanwhile we will keep on killing each other just as we do today. The pope is just one little cog in the wheel and the Catholic church is but one little bunch of people out of a lot of bunches of people. Looking at history will tell you that the Catholics are no worse than any other group of people. You would really have to go some to top the Muslims. .

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
For the record, if Pope Benedict XVI is the Pope that flees Rome, his true successor cannot YET become the Pope as long as God keeps Benedict alive.

In other words, if the Vatican were militarily invaded (by an Italian, Muslim, or RUSSIAN government, or others) as long as God prevents the death of that Pope of prophecy, no other person can be considered the legitimate Pope.

Any attempts to install a new pope, while the real pope lives, would be to install an anti-Pope.

If there is an anti-Pope installed while the true Pope remains in hiding, the anti-Pope would probably be someone that would seek to restyle the Church to appease the modern world (especially after all the scandals within the Church prophesied by Aiello). A Church built on appeasing the modern-day world is not built on the principals of Christ but upon the principals of man.

The True Church pay's for it's sins and rediscovers Christ's teachings in the catacombs.

From my understanding of prophecy the Church at the time of the exiled Pope's death will probably be so persecuted, oppressed, and scattered that it will be impossible for any person to be canonically elected the next Pope.

And yet, prophecy indicates quite clearly that God will intervene for the Church, raising up a Pope that will guide the boat in the tempest, during a time for the Church that things will go from seeming that "all is lost" to "all is saved." It seems this true Pope manages to "consecrate Russia" with all the surviving Bishops during the last period before the 3-days of darkness.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If these prophecies come to be, it's only because they are self-fulfilling. The church is bringing it on themselves. The leaks occurring therein might very well bring the end of the church.

There is no undeserved persecution of the catholic church.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707
According to one prophecy (by Marie Jahanny, allegedly), a Pope will reverse his policies at the *last* moment and make a solemn appeal to the clergy but he will not be obeyed..

Apparently the rest of that prophecy (posted on the internet in 2009 according to google) states at that moment an assembly of bishops will declare they will no longer obey the pope.

To me the most significant part of that prophecy (if its authentic) is the part which states the Pope REVERSES his policies!

Without a doubt I believe the Pope knows exactly what constitutes the pivotal beginning of prophecy fulfilment. And if he (NOT necessarily Benedict XVI) witnesses that in reality the big fulfilment has finally and truly begun, I believe the real fear of God would in consequence quickly fill his heart, and rearrange his priorities.

That would explain why at the last moment before all hell breaks lose, a Pope reverses his policies.

But I fear, such a moment would take place when the Pope and his Church seemed to have lost it's way and it's credibility. So it would have occurred far, far too late.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join