It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papal Prophecies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Approximately 900 years ago, Pope Innocent II summoned Saint Malachy, a popular archbishop, to Rome to update the Vatican on the status of Malachy's Northern Ireland diocese. Malachy made the arduous journey from Northern Ireland to Italy and gave his full report.

As he was leaving Rome to return to his church he had what he described as a “frenzied vision.” In this vision, Malachy was given the descriptive information of every pope that would ever exist, beginning with Pope Innocent II all the way to the final pope, Pope Petrus Romanus.

Malachy's vision tallied 112 popes, ending with Pope Petrus Romanus, and the current pope, Pope Benedict XVI, is number 111, which means there will only be one more pope.

www.prophecyofthepopes.com...
Prophecy of the Popes WIKI

I know this has been brought up several times on ATS in the past, but I thought I would try to start a discussion about it again. This is actually the first time I have heard of this, and I think it is kind of interesting. If this is true, we will be seeing the last Pope during our lifetime. The current Pope is said to be in poor health, even by admission of his own brother. His health is so poor that some nights he must be carried upstairs to bed. With the current happenings of "Vati-leaks" it is sure to be taking a toll on his health.

Some people think that this means the fall of the Vatican. Some think it means the complete distruction of the Catholic religion. Others think it means the end of the world.

What do you think?

Here are some of the old threads on ATS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see, none of these threads really got anywhere. I don't know if this one will either, but I thought I would try.

Here is the prophecy of St. Malachy regarding the next (last) pope:

The longest and final motto reads in the original Latin:

In ꝑſecutione extre-
ma S.R.E. ſedebit. Petrus Romanus, qui paſcet oues in mul- tis tribulationibus: quibus tranſactis ci- uitas ſepticollis di- ruetur, & Iudex tre mẽdus iudicabit po pulum ſuum. Finis.

This is usually translated into English as:

"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed,
and the terrible judge will judge his people.
The End."

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I hope it comes tru but it will have consequences for the world. The catholic hierarchy seems to have a plan for the world along with the UN.
I wonder how many people they will send to die for "world unity"????

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Some people think that this means the fall of the Vatican. Some think it means the complete distruction of the Catholic religion.

oh I'm sorry, were we supposed to be upset by this news?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I never believed in the St. Malachy prophecies until Ratzinger was elected pope and took the name Benedict. That totally changed my mind. Now I think they are probably accurate and will probably unfold.

There are prophecies in the Catholic church that, when the church appears to be dead, then the Three Days of Darkness and the Illumination of Souls will take place. These have been prophecied by canonized Catholic saints through the centuries

False apparitions - such as Garabandal - have tried to get in on those prophecies in order to legitimize their 'apparitions'. Many authentic apparitions - such as Lourdes or Fatima - had a lot of false ones pop up around them in an attempt to cloud the authentic one going on.

However ... if the 'authentic' apparitions and prophecies are correct ... the Catholic church soon will indeed appear dead. It won't be dead, but it will appear to be. There will be a remnant church left. It is during this time that the Three Days of Darkness and Illumination of Souls will (allegedly) take place. (Illumination of souls - you will see your soul as God sees you .. the good, the bad, and the ugly).

I believe that the Catholic Church is in it's 'death agony'. You have seen the first big blows and I believe there will be a few more in rapid fire succession. I do believe we will see the fulfilment of these prophecies fairly soon. (as in our life times).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I would say if there is any truth in it, it would be more to do with the end of the Catholic Church rather than the end of the world. Look at the struggles they are facing in ever increasing numbers - loss of revenue, Pedophile Priests, falling membership, etc.

Maybe uncontrovertible evidence will be found linking the Vatican to Nazi Gold and hiding Nazi criminals. Far fetched but possible as we currently have a Nazi Pope!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I never believed in the St. Malachy prophecies until Ratzinger was elected pope and took the name Benedict. That totally changed my mind. Now I think they are probably accurate and will probably unfold.

There are prophecies in the Catholic church that, when the church appears to be dead, then the Three Days of Darkness and the Illumination of Souls will take place. These have been prophecied by canonized Catholic saints through the centuries

False apparitions - such as Garabandal - have tried to get in on those prophecies in order to legitimize their 'apparitions'. Many authentic apparitions - such as Lourdes or Fatima - had a lot of false ones pop up around them in an attempt to cloud the authentic one going on.

However ... if the 'authentic' apparitions and prophecies are correct ... the Catholic church soon will indeed appear dead. It won't be dead, but it will appear to be. There will be a remnant church left. It is during this time that the Three Days of Darkness and Illumination of Souls will (allegedly) take place. (Illumination of souls - you will see your soul as God sees you .. the good, the bad, and the ugly).

I believe that the Catholic Church is in it's 'death agony'. You have seen the first big blows and I believe there will be a few more in rapid fire succession. I do believe we will see the fulfilment of these prophecies fairly soon. (as in our life times).

Lol these heathens have been fulfilling bible prophecy long before the nazi pope.
What a joke the catholic church is, for atleast 1000 years now.
They murdered true christians for opposing their rule and eventually, sent millions to death in the great wars.
Thhese rats had their own tunnels in the last great one

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I would say if there is any truth in it, it would be more to do with the end of the Catholic Church rather than the end of the world. Look at the struggles they are facing in ever increasing numbers - loss of revenue, Pedophile Priests, falling membership, etc.

Maybe uncontrovertible evidence will be found linking the Vatican to Nazi Gold and hiding Nazi criminals. Far fetched but possible as we currently have a Nazi Pope!

Load of #e! They have money bro. So much for helping humanity eh? They have been doing this for hundreds of years (living in luxury while people starve)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

You hit up the Catholic church leadership, but in reality the Protestants were just as ruthless. The Muslims too. The Jews did their fair share of killing in the Old Testament. (Moses exactly wasn't a nice guy). etc etc. The days of open mass killing and theft by the major religions have mostly been replaced by dirty deeds done under cover of darkness - all the while carrying a 'normal appearance' while yelling 'political correctness must prevail'.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

They do have loads of money BUT they also have loads of staff, loads of property, loads of causes they support, etc. It all adds up and when combined with falling revenue that obviously has a significant effect on cashflow. Plus throw in falling stock values following the 2008 crash, i wouldn't entirely entirely rule that option out........

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In it's conception the Catholic faith is actually very good. But like all things in practice the people mess it up. The loss of the Catholic church would make some of the more cynical among us joyus. But if we stop a moment and think of the true ramifications. The loss of a ideal to bring together those of the same beliefs and help improve the world. Yea and make a few converts along the way, but still worthy aspirations. I think it may domino into other institutions as well. We will call it the fall of the institutions of man. We know politics is full of liars and cheats, bankers try and screws us over and so on. But if these institutions fell apart where would we be? Not like we cannot see those two institutions collapsing. So I won't get all happy about the potential destruction of the Catholic church because it's a symptom of something wrong with humanity and could be the start of a spiral.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Here is some more information regarding this topic.

St Malachy's prophecies of the last 10 Popes

Amazingly, Pope John Paul II was the only pope who was both born the day of an eclipse of the sun, and entombed the day the sun was eclipsed.

One of Malachy's strangest predictions concerned the pope who would follow 'De Medietate Lunae'. He is designated as 'De Labore Solis', or 'from the toil of the sun'. Applied to John Paul II, this phrase reveals nothing less than a double prophecy. John Paul II (Karol Wojtyla), the first non-Italian elected in 456 years, was a native of Krakow, Poland. Krakow is the city where, in the 15th and 16th centuries, Copernicus 'toiled'; for years to prove his heretical theory that the earth revolved around the sun. Many of Malachy s interpreters also suggested that the 'sun' reference indicated a young pope. Fifty-eight years old at the time of his election, John Paul II was the youngest pope in over a century.
John Paul II was the most traveled Pope in history. He has circled the globe numerous times, preaching to huge audiences everywhere he goes. Even though he was once shot, he has not seemed to slow down. He has recently written a book which has enjoyed a large circulation.

Like the sun which never ceases to labor and provides light daily, this Pope has been incessant. John Paul compared abortion to the Holocaust and denounced gay marriages as part of 'a new ideology of evil'. He argued that same-sex marriages threaten society by undermining the traditional family.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

You hit up the Catholic church leadership, but in reality the Protestants were just as ruthless. The Muslims too. The Jews did their fair share of killing in the Old Testament. (Moses exactly wasn't a nice guy). etc etc. The days of open mass killing and theft by the major religions have mostly been replaced by dirty deeds done under cover of darkness - all the while carrying a 'normal appearance' while yelling 'political correctness must prevail'.

As a follower of the word, I believe the catholic church was intentionally set alight, as well with the other denominations.
But we will find out. I mean, the vice is closing on christians and I will stand in the way as my ancestors did. It's not right to butcher these innocents.
Same goes for the jews and others who just want to live. There is no reason for this
edit on 6-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Do you guys think that this could be a self fufilling prophecy, put in place by the Catholic church? It would bring a lot more people to mass if they thought the world was going to end soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

that and pope pius x's two prophecies on the matter:

"What I have seen is terrifying!" he cried out. "Will I be the one, or will it be a successor? What is certain is that the Pope will leave Rome and, in leaving the Vatican, he will have to pass over the dead bodies of his priests!"

Later, shortly before his death, another vision came to him: "I have seen one of my successors, of the same name, who was fleeing over the bodies of his brethren. He will take refuge in some hiding place; but after a brief respite, he will die a cruel death. Respect for God has disappeared from human hearts. They wish to efface even God's memory. This perversity is nothing less than the beginning of the last days of the world."

paranormal.about.com...

they both share the same first name, as pius x predicted, which coincides with malachi's prophecy. this will be the last pope before the tribulation.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was reading this lastdaysprophecy.blogspot.com... its pretty scary stuff. I just have a hard time comprehending that if disasters are prophesised and these events are predetermined, why arent we given a choice to change course to avoid it. The end paragraphs seem to talk about current happenings such as earthquakes and weather and all the topics associated with 2012.....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Thanks for reopening this topic here on ATS. I know there are many who get upset when a topic gets rehashed, but like you mentioned, many times threads get lost in the mix of others and then go no where.

Anyway, I've been following St. Malachy's Prophecies of the Popes for a few years now. I personally recommend Thomas Horn's new book "Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here" for all those who are interested in this topic.

He and co-author Cris Putnam have done an amazing job of research as well as explaining how this 900 year old prophecy may correlate to so many other prophecies that seem to be culminating at this time.

Here is a segment I found on youtube about it:

edit on 6-6-2012 by iwan2ski because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
It appears to me that Mr. Horn has sneakily edited the wikipedia article on the "Prophecy of the Popes" in order to deceive the internet community into thinking the Petrus Romanus prophecy is about a false pope!

Before his published work was released, the wikipedia article stated "Peter the Roman...WHO WILL FEED HIS SHEEP"

FEED! FEED! FEED!

Jesus states clearly in the Gospel of John to the Apostle PETER that "feeding the sheep" is exactly what Jesus INSISTED that Peter do in the name of LOVING CHRIST. (see John 21:17)

Therefore Jesus would COMMAND every Pope between the Apostle Peter and the FINAL POPE and every religious leader for that matter, TO "FEED THE SHEEP !".

If they ignore Jesus' instructions to FEED THE SHEEP it is to their own peril.

Now, at this time, the very same wikipedia article titled "Prophecy of the Popes" contains the words "Peter the Roman...who will pasture his sheep".

Since the last archival someone decided to edit out the word "feed" and replace it with "pasture" instead.

The difference is very subtle, but the effect is huge and the intent is obvious: whoever edited the wikipedia article this year or last year had the motivation to distance the Petrus Romanus prophecy from Christ's very own words and make it harder for people to figure out that the prophecy is about a Pope that Loves Christ and not a false pope.

As far as I can tell, every instance in the INTERNET ARCHIVES, BEFORE this recent attempt at falsifying the Petrus Romanus prophecy, reveals that the wikipedia article titled "Prophecy of the Popes" stated:
"Peter the Roman...will feed the sheep" !

The evidence is right here in abundance at the internet archives:
wayback.archive.org...*/en.wikipedia.org...

(edit: copy the next line:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes
and paste it in the search bar at the following archives sites:
archive.org...

and choose a year (click on available dates on the calendar there) to see the differences in the wikipedia article from as far back as 2005)

Today It has also just been brought to my attention that Jesus the SHEPHERD spoke further about the SHEEP AND THE PASTURE which the Bishop Malachy prophecy alludes to:

JOHN 10:7-14 => "Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate FOR THE SHEEP. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and FIND PASTURE. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life FOR THE SHEEP. The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father —and I lay down my life for the sheep. I HAVE OTHER SHEEP THAT ARE NOT OF THIS SHEEP PEN. I MUST BRING THEM ALSO. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."

As someone who has studied prophecy, with the desire for the truth (whatever it may be), I find attempts at corrupting a famous prophecy with an interpretation that is absurdly the complete opposite of what is originally stated, to be shocking and quite offensive.

Neither is this an endorsement of the Malachy prophecy, the prophecy wasn't published until something like 300 years after the Bishop's death, so it's authenticity cannot be automatically assumed.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Phantomfire707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantomfire707

I'm not sure what you think the word "Pasture" means. According to www.thefreedictionary.com... "pasture" means the following:

pasture:
n.
a. Grass or other vegetation eaten as food by grazing animals.
b. Ground on which such vegetation grows, especially that which is set aside for use by domestic grazing animals.
2. The feeding or grazing of animals.
v. pas•tured, pas•tur•ing, pas•tures
v.tr.
1. To herd (animals) into a pasture to graze.
2. To provide (animals) with pasturage. Used of land.
a. To graze on (land or vegetation).
b. To use (land) as pasture.
v.intr.
To graze in a pasture.
Idiom:
put out to pasture
1. To herd (grazing animals) into pasturable land.
2. Informal To retire or compel to retire from work or a full workload.

So, to pasture (The feeding or grazing of animals) does mean the same as to feed. Since the bible was not written in english, it has many different translations from book to book.

While I do agree with you on not falling for deceptions, I really don't see where you think the Author was trying to deceive anyone. Maybe you could find another point that clearly shows the intentful deception in his works.

Eventhough I did suggest this book, that doesn't mean I believe 100% of what it says. However, it really does go through the prophecy quite well and tries to make connections to other prophecies that are relavent at this very time.

As I always say to anyone when searching for the truth: "Take it all in...and take it with a grain of salt".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707
It appears to me that Mr. Horn has sneakily edited the wikipedia article on the "Prophecy of the Popes" in order to deceive the internet community into thinking the Petrus Romanus prophecy is about a false pope!

While reviewing the audio I provided above with Thomas Horn's interview of his book, at 5:45 into the clip, he reads the english translation of the prophecy as, "...who will FEED the sheep through many tribulations". So there is my proof that he was not trying to deceive anyone.

As someone who has studied prophecy, with the desire for the truth (whatever it may be), I find attempts at corrupting a famous prophecy with an interpretation that is absurdly the complete opposite of what is originally stated, to be shocking and quite offensive.

I don't see the corruption you are talking about. You say "To Feed" and "To Pasture" are complete opposites, but they actually are of the same meaning. Where was it that you found that "Thomas Horn" himself changed the prophecy anyway? I think you totally did not listen or read any of his material or at least enough of it to make a rational statement about his work.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I listened to the Tom Horn interview on coasttocoast a couple of nights ago.
We can only wait and see if anything happens.

Whatever happens. I find this fascinating.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join