It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam the Religion of Peace? I don't think so...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hello my fellow ATSers, have you ever heard of that phrase "Islam, the religion of peace"? I certainly have, and it's the only religion that repeats the phrase, but if it were truly peaceful why would it need to keep repeating it?
Do you ever see any other religion continually saying this?
What I'm trying to get at is when you look at that phrase and then take a look at the current conflicts in the world today it contradicts Muslims completely. Lets take a closer look, as it stands today there are around 36 conflicts worldwide at the moment. Out of those 36 current conflicts Islam is either the cause, supporter, or aggressor in at least 27 of them!!!
Only 9 conflicts are not currently involved with Islam in any way, or at least not directly. Now I may have incidentally missed out on a conflict but I have put together as many as I could find, here is the list:

Conflicts Involving Islam:

War in Afghanistan (2001-present) - Islam
Afghan Civil War - Islam
The Arab Spring - Islam
War in North-West Pakistan - Islam
Republic of Macedonia Conflict - Islam
Somali Civil War - Islam
Syrian Uprising - Islam
South Sudan-Sudan Border Conflict - Islam
Iraqi Insurgency Post US Withdrawal - Islam
Libyan Factional Fighting - Islam
Tuareg Rebellion - Islam
North Caucasus Insurgency - Islam
Operation Enduring Freedom: Horn of Africa - Islam
Islamic Insurgency in the Phillipines - Islam
South Yemen Insurgency - Islam
Insurgency in the Maghreb - Islam
Shia Insurgency in Yemen - Islam
Nigerian Sharia Conflict - Islam
Kurdish-Iranian Conflict - Islam
Balochistan Conflict - Islam
Kurdish-Turkish Conflict - Islam
Insurgency in Jammu and Kasmir - Islam
Insurgency in Ogaden - Islam
Papua Conflict - Islam
2012 Conflict in Lebanon - Islam
Yemeni al-Qaeda crackdown - Islam
South Thailand Insurgency - Islam
Conflict in the Niger Delta - Islam

Other Conflicts not involving Islam:

Lords Resistance Army Insurgency - Not involving Islam
Insurgency in North-East India - Not involving Islam
Naxalite-Maoist Insurgency - Not involving Islam
Colombian Armed Conflict - Not involving Islam
Mexican Drug War - Not involving Islam
Internal Conflict in Burma - Not involving Islam
Casamance conflict - Not involving Islam
Cambodian-Thai Border dispute - Not involving Islam
Korean Conflict - Although fighting has ceased North and South Korea are still technically at war.

Now as you can see if Islam didn't exist the world would be a lot more peaceful, the majority of the conflicts currently being fought are being waged by Islamists. So much for the religion of peace....

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Because we all know just how peaceful Australians are, especially when they are launching ethnic cleansing to steal a land they have no rights over.

In other news, what exactly was the point of this thread?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Muslims in north america are scared for now and until their numbers reach towards half majority, they will continue to play nice.
In britain,france and other euro countries, they get rowdy because the gov't wants it

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If you extend the list back to the sixth century this would be a very long thread. No doubt someone will sidestep the issue with comments about the crusades and the inquisition, and wrap it up with calling the OP an intollerant bigot

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
Because we all know just how peaceful Australians are, especially when they are launching ethnic cleansing to steal a land they have no rights over.

Um thats a little off topic but I don't understand what you mean? Australians didn't exist pre 1901 for starters tht genocide you speak of was done by the British not us. Then you also have to remember this is something that happenend a long time ago, and also only 20,000 Aborigines were killed which is hardly a genocide compared to the 8 million Russians killed during 1916.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
If you extend the list back to the sixth century this would be a very long thread. No doubt someone will sidestep the issue with comments about the crusades and the inquisition, and wrap it up with calling the OP an intollerant bigot

Yeah that is true, even if you go back a few years to the late 20th century almost all of the conflicts were Islam backed or motivated, however I only wanted to use current conflicts because this information completely contradicts the Islamic saying tht it is the "religion of peace".
But I'm well aware I will most likely be attacked for this thread and called a bigot.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

Um thats a little off topic but I don't understand what you mean? Australians didn't exist pre 1901 for starters tht genocide you speak of was done by the British not us. Then you also have to remember this is something that happenend a long time ago, and also only 20,000 Aborigines were killed which is hardly a genocide compared to the 8 million Russians killed during 1916.

Nope, it was willingly done by yourselves to steal land. Why do you still keep the Aboriginals segregated?

No wonder you are about to allow the US to launch spy drones over China from your (stolen) country, it's because you are a peaceful nation, right?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

So the crusades and inquisition don't count? So we are only looking at what violence Islam is a part of, and looking the other way when other religious cultures are involved? Point being, if you give any religious ideal enough rope, they'll hang all the other religious ideals with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Nope, it was willingly done by yourselves to steal land. Why do you still keep the Aboriginals segregated?

No wonder you are about to allow the US to launch spy drones over China from your (stolen) country, it's because you are a peaceful nation, right?

Like I said previously you are off-topic and are obviously trying to derail this thread. That what you speak of had nothing to do with me that happened a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Hello my fellow ATSers, have you ever heard of that phrase "Islam, the religion of peace"? I certainly have, and it's the only religion that repeats the phrase, but if it were truly peaceful why would it need to keep repeating it?
Do you ever see any other religion continually saying this?
What I'm trying to get at is when you look at that phrase and then take a look at the current conflicts in the world today it contradicts Muslims completely. Lets take a closer look, as it stands today there are around 36 conflicts worldwide at the moment. Out of those 36 current conflicts Islam is either the cause, supporter, or aggressor in at least 27 of them!!!
Only 9 conflicts are not currently involved with Islam in any way, or at least not directly. Now I may have incidentally missed out on a conflict but I have put together as many as I could find, here is the list:

Conflicts Involving Islam:

War in Afghanistan (2001-present) - Islam
Afghan Civil War - Islam
The Arab Spring - Islam
War in North-West Pakistan - Islam
Republic of Macedonia Conflict - Islam
Somali Civil War - Islam
Syrian Uprising - Islam
South Sudan-Sudan Border Conflict - Islam
Iraqi Insurgency Post US Withdrawal - Islam
Libyan Factional Fighting - Islam
Tuareg Rebellion - Islam
North Caucasus Insurgency - Islam
Operation Enduring Freedom: Horn of Africa - Islam
Islamic Insurgency in the Philippines - Islam
South Yemen Insurgency - Islam
Insurgency in the Maghreb - Islam
Shia Insurgency in Yemen - Islam
Nigerian Sharia Conflict - Islam
Kurdish-Iranian Conflict - Islam
Balochistan Conflict - Islam
Kurdish-Turkish Conflict - Islam
Insurgency in Jammu and Kasmir - Islam
Insurgency in Ogaden - Islam
Papua Conflict - Islam
2012 Conflict in Lebanon - Islam
Yemeni al-Qaeda crackdown - Islam
South Thailand Insurgency - Islam
Conflict in the Niger Delta - Islam

Other Conflicts not involving Islam:

Lords Resistance Army Insurgency - Not involving Islam
Insurgency in North-East India - Not involving Islam
Naxalite-Maoist Insurgency - Not involving Islam
Colombian Armed Conflict - Not involving Islam
Mexican Drug War - Not involving Islam
Internal Conflict in Burma - Not involving Islam
Casamance conflict - Not involving Islam
Cambodian-Thai Border dispute - Not involving Islam
Korean Conflict - Although fighting has ceased North and South Korea are still technically at war.

Now as you can see if Islam didn't exist the world would be a lot more peaceful, the majority of the conflicts currently being fought are being waged by Islamists. So much for the religion of peace....

Before screaming Islam is not a religion of peace maybe you should ask who started these conflicts. Because a couple that you marked Islam America started the conflict.

BTW George Bush says your wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

So the crusades and inquisition don't count? So we are only looking at what violence Islam is a part of, and looking the other way when other religious cultures are involved? Point being, if you give any religious ideal enough rope, they'll hang all the other religious ideals with it.

It's obvious there are people who want christianity to face off against the muslims.
Atleast you admit it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Like I said previously you are off-topic and are obviously trying to derail this thread. That what you speak of had nothing to do with me that happened a long time ago.

So I'm off topic when talking about Australian brutality, but not Islamic. Interesting bias you got there.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Islam is NOT peaceful, neither is Judaism, and Christianity has been one HECK of a tool in causing LOTS of innocent deaths and suffering throughout our history. It continues to BREED TREMENDOUS HATE right NOW in modern times.

Solution: we need to GET RID OF ALL of these FAIRY-TALES. There very well may be a higher power, but our adult-Santa-Claus version of beliefs and imaginary friends is MAN-MADE NONSENSE. Nonsense that would be FINE if didnt CAUSE so MANY PROBLEMS. But they are all responsible for TONS of problems in this world and so its time to END this nonsense already.

ITS 2012 already, we should be SMARTER than this by now!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 6-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

if Islam didn't exist the world would be a lot more peaceful.

how about if religion didn't exist the world would be a much better place.....

the biggest deception in the entire history of this pathetic human race, has been the concept of following a religion....then again i guess humans were bred to follow...

the only thing keeping these cavemen and women "civilized" is electricity

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I am well aware that America started the Afghanistan war, however, this isn't a list of what wars Islam has started this is a list of what wars are currently involved with extremist Islam.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by GD21D

It's obvious there are people who want christianity to face off against the muslims.
Atleast you admit it.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but if you say so, sure. Actually, I want people to stop pushing their ideals on others. To the extent that they'll justify mass murder with those same ideas. Christianity, Islam, or any other belief that feels they have a connection with a higher power.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

if Islam didn't exist the world would be a lot more peaceful.

how about if religion didn't exist the world would be a much better place.....

the biggest deception in the entire history of this pathetic human race, has been the concept of following a religion....then again i guess humans were bred to follow...

the only thing keeping these cavemen and women "civilized" is electricity

Touche, and I agree with you completely religion has caused an awful lot of the worlds problems. But then again what religion dominates the list?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Ahha. you are also an idiot.

Got it, good to know - citybig, one for the mental ignore list.

whew, whittling down the stupids...

Haven't you figured it out yet? The people who say "you stole the natives land, give it back" are mostly muslims who live in the west and won't go home to expel the "crusaders"

They are trying to validate their hatred of the israelis, and anyone who supports them.
Basically they think all white people support them
edit on 6-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join