It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chi - The One stop thread for Chi - Post your knowledge/research here!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Hello ATS, this is my first thread in this forum, and as such, am sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I have recently been researching the spiritual power of Chi, and have come across some videos which may be of some interest to people on ATS. Some of these videos were posted in the Vietnamese Girl thread, however i found these videos roughly 12 hours prior ( just putting it out there
).

Regarding Chi, i have mostly viewed it as either fake or used for showmanship, especially in regards to the specific way Chi is channeled by the Shaolin Monks. Now i know i may seem ignorant to the use of Chi, as i have never studied a martial art which delved so deeply into such practices, but i still find it interesting.

Channeling Chi through the hand to create heat that reaches roughly 94 Degrees Celsius.

The above video is interesting i must say, as it displays a specific ability of Chi which can be used to heal oneself or others. Furthermore, the act of raising the temperature is both interesting and amazing.

Chi used for fire starting, electrical pulse and healing:

The pivotal point of the above video i found to be was around 4:00 where the Chi user used Chi to start a fire. Now, maybe the newspaper had something in it which could be used to start a fire, or maybe it was chi itself, either way, it is interesting. As for the electrical pulse thing, i am unsure what to think as it is possible to give someone a jolt like that by pressing down on significant ligament/muscles areas.

Scientific testing of Chi power:

I am not a huge fan of Fight Science, as it has been "rigged/staged" before, however, i still find the use of Chi for the Iron Shirt interesting. Maybe it is Chi which protects the body in this video, or maybe it is the muscle which the practitioners gain by intensive training, i don't know. As for the spear part, the spear appears to be blunt, but i am unsure what to think of it.

Overall, this thread is one where i invite you all to contribute, whether through your knowledge, significant research papers regarding Chi energy, or videos showcasing chi energy and it's scientific studies.

Thanks for reading, and lets make this the one stop Chi thread

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I like my che with a little sugar but definitely no milk.
Milk in che makes it cloudy and horrible.
A hot chi with dinner helps with digestion
www.taichigreentea.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
chi literally means breath of air in Chinese. Theres alot of charlatans and silly hocus pocus nonsense surrounding it but the basic no nonsense idea is too coordinate your breathing pattern with your body for a variety health benefits.

heres another scientific study on chi and meditation

www.todayifoundout.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This shows how silly claims about chi actually are

edit on 6-6-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor
This shows how silly claims about chi actually are

edit on 6-6-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

So does this

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
chi literally means breath of air in Chinese. Theres alot of charlatans and silly hocus pocus nonsense surrounding it but the basic no nonsense idea is too coordinate your breathing pattern with your body for a variety health benefits.

heres another scientific study on chi and meditation

www.todayifoundout.com...

Thanks for the info mate!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I have studied and still practice various forms of Martial Arts as lately I have been fooling around with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. One thing through all this I have found that there is only ONE certainty in any concept of Chi...F=MA

Force equals Mass times Acceleration. Gabriel Gonzaga is from my neck of the woods and he became Champion. In one of the businesses he endorses...he spent much time living in a town near me and near one of my Families Businesses. I got to know him as I speak many languages and Portuguese is one of them.

We spared several times and I am good at what I do. I got to him pretty good and he came back hard! LOL! After that we said we would make sure it didn't get out of hand.

I can tell you this with certainty...if you are weighing in t 105 lbs and I don't care if you are a Master of Kung Fu...the fact remains...F=MA and I don't care how much CHI a small Chinese Master say's he has gathered into his hands...If I hit him...he is going DOWN! Like a sack of potatoes. This is the difference between motivation and reality. I have had Small Asian Men kick me directly into my Solar Plexus and I barely Moved. I have had Filipino Martial Arts Masters try a technique called ARNIS/ESCRIMAL/KALI...a form of weapons Training using archaic slashing and piercing while moving and maintaining both balance and not loosing you weapon.

A 4 ft 11in or 5 ft 2 in. Filipino...that I can have close to 16 inches or greater reach...even if they go low...is no match for me because again...they cn come at me yet I can place 2 to 4 times the amount of force per blow.

CHI....is for crowds of people who wish to see something super human. It is in the Mind to an extent where you can convince yourself to a point to do something more than you might have been able...but if I am hitting you at 6 ft 1 In. an over 200 lbs all muscle...a single strike against the guy in the video atop would break through his ribs and puncture his lungs or if I were to stike a vital organ...he has nothing to protect it from such an impact and it could kill him. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Chi does exist, in some form. I have been punched in the chest with it while training and it felt like a ball of fire which expanded outwards from the centre of my chest.

It was quite unlike any strike I had ever taken before and I must admit that while I was not struck that hard, I did have the urge to sit down. It knocked the fight right out of me.

On the other hand, I suspect that most people who train to develop chi would do better to just do normal martial art training. It is probably more effective in a fight.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I like my che with a little sugar but definitely no milk.
Milk in che makes it cloudy and horrible.
A hot chi with dinner helps with digestion
www.taichigreentea.com...

People like you should stop trolling threads, shutup and learn

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

One thing through all this I have found that there is only ONE certainty in any concept of Chi....
....F=MA Force equals Mass times Acceleration.

ETA: Disregard dude, I may of missed the point you were making.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Channeling Chi through the hand to create heat that reaches roughly 94 Degrees Celsius.

I might have another idea about all this, but it is all connected anyways. Chi is basically the energy (Force) of the universe. I am a Reiki practitionner and I am in touch with this energy frequently. Reiki, for those who do not know, is channelling this energy for spiritual, emotional, physical Healing through laying on of the hands.

The Reiki energy / Universal energy / Chi, turns on automatically when needed (out of my control sometimes) and when it does, my hand get very hot, I don't know about the 94 degrees though, never measured it, lol. I know that when this happens and I happen to be touching my wife or kids, they notice it considerably and even sometime they ask me to remove my hand as it gets really hot...In those cases, I ask if they are feeling pain anywhere on their body and if so, I direct my hands there and most times, they feel better in no time. (I love this stuff).

Anyway, the energy goes where it is needed most to Heal others, self and/or the Earth.

I have no clue what the implications are when it comes to martial arts but I have read that it can be used to rise focus/concentration. Would love to try it though.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

as you've mentioned it, but ignored, and as was already pointed out, acceleration matters. speed matters. you think Bruce Lee was heavy? he was just extremely fast. you think you would stand a chance against him?

think again.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I dont think that Force/Matter/Acceleration would matter, if you were to try and attack this guy.

Energie Bubble Demonstration:

Ven. Lama Dondrup Dorje activating students chi to clear blockages in channels during the 2006 Pathgate Summer Retreat. Students own energy then propels them to move.

Pathgate Institute of Buddhist Studies founded by Dondrup Dorje

www.pathgate.org...

For example, between 1992 and 1998, he guided 72 students to become International Champions of Chinese Martial Arts in both the UK & the USA, winning a total number of 370 Gold, 262 Silver & 129 Bronze Medals. Events of victory covered the full range of Taiji Quan, Xingyi Quan, Bagua Zhang, Liu He Ba Fa, Wing Chun Gongfu, Shaolin Gongfu, Shuai Chiao, Push Hands, Sparring, Chi Sao and Weaponry.

Demonstration by Ven Lama Dondrup Dorje from 1989:

edit on 6/6/12 by Squiip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Shortly chi basically a chinese language for 'inner force', to be exact is 'hard type inner force'. Basically hard type will work around power field, similar with electronic field that can be change according to the user.
Another type of inner force is 'soft type'. This work in other dimension, in a way it has similarity but so different in use and developing it.

Chi itself can be generated by our own body, but some technique of meditation allowing the user to "charge" or "borrow" from other person/something, either it intentional or unintentional.
Everyone has chi inside their body, the differences is how much the chi is, is he/she can control it, and how much they can compress it.

Common type of chi is electrical power. As we know we can move our body because our muscle got electric charge and make it shorter /contraction or longer/retraction. For this only it can be very usefull, the user can gain more power or can repair their own or other body by controlling the amount of electric flow in body part or muscle.

Just like electricity, it will create electromagnetic field. This electromagnetic field can affect other or user own body part electromagnetic field, it can be good or bad. Good if it make electromagnetic field around body or body part more stable. If someone have ability to see it,this field always rotating, the different between everyone is direction of rotation and how fast it rotate.

For advance user, when chi is strong enough, they focus more into the field, transfering the energy by air. In martial art this can make the user can hit without touching.It can be only few milimeter away from the object or even much further.

To exercising this chi, basically to train our body to produce it more, and the other is to be able to control it. To make body produce more chi usually first about food or drink ( water only ) intake, what to eat and when, including some fasting in several way. Controlling sleeping time and waking time, controlling body temperature ( some people wake up in the middle of the night after only sleep for few hours and have a cold bath ).
Concentrating exercise commonly use to practice of controlling chi. For example like doing quiet or still meditation in any form.It usually have breathing technique and clearing and focusing mind on and off.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

IMO, I believe it is a well-crafted hoax. I believe in Chi, and that it can do so much things, maybe it can start fires. But I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I believe John Chang was/is the real deal, although some of his "tricks" are there to play on peoples superstitions, such as in the clip where he says "spirits" are making a knife move. He's got to make a living, after all.

I don't believe the scientific/skeptic explanation behind the newspaper ignition, I think it's too complicated a setup for him to do it under the watchful eye of the film maker, and I see no way that he could have faked the electric shocks of chi that he gave people. He's quite impressive, it's unfortunate there is so little information on him other than the random youtube videos and a book from one of his students.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Bruce Lee vs. Me? I VOTE ME!

Remember...I am Highly Trained...and I watched a special about Bruce Lee once. He had the ability to move his arm so fast along with a slight whipping motion of his wrist that he could generate an incredible amount of Punching Force in a short distance...which is good in close in Fighting.

Now to be fair...I am older now and Bruce Lee is Dead. If it was the 29 year old version of me against Bruce Lee just before he unfortunately passed on...I WOULD PUT MONEY ON ME!

Reason...if we were both under rules that prevented Death Blows but allowed to strike at each others torso as well as use holds and use both arms and legs...I would win EASILY! The speed that allowed Bruce Lee to garnish such force in a strike can easily be negated when a person of a much larger Body Mass that has muscle protecting organs...gets in close and clenches up...once I got through the flurry of Kicks and Strikes and got a hold of him....it would be all over. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

▬►A practical guide to what you refer to as qi just posted on this thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

i guess you never really saw his kicks, did you? you wouldn't go through. it would be all over in a matter of seconds.

Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.

en.wikipedia.org...

now run your numbers again.
edit on 11-6-2012 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

i guess you never really saw his kicks, did you? you wouldn't go through. it would be all over in a matter of seconds.

Lee could cause a 300-lb (136.08 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a sidekick.

en.wikipedia.org...

now run your numbers again.
edit on 11-6-2012 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

A 300 LBS bag in not the same as a 200 lbs plus Man who knows how to use anothers skill against them. I stand by my statement. I would win. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join