It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof** that 'someone' is communicating to me in dreams. **As near as possible, anyway.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Nobody?

You could say a pipe is a pipe and a dream is a dream. But what is a dream? Really? A manifestation of involuntary images due to subconscious hallucination during sleep? I think not. Dreams are not just a pipe.
edit on 7-6-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Great story and the connections you've made in it are very interesting.
Unfortunately there was the word proof in the thread title but all we have is your recounting of a dream you say you had.
Apologies for my scepticism but you must agree that reading someone's account of a dream on a website hardly proves anything.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
Don't get caught up in the details of the first dream - it seems totally 'out there' that some kind of Star Wars was fought on Phobos (Death Star??) back around 13,000 years ago. I also don't especially believe in reincarnation, though I believe that it could be possible under certain circumstances.

- So, the word 'Yot' is the key point from the first dream.

The second dream is full of suggestions that the ideas in it came from beyond my own sphere of understanding.

- Daissar as the town in Southern France where the French nuclear program was/ will be abandoned.

- Daissar means 'to abandon' in a language I never even heard of, spoken in Southern France.

- The French would never abandon their nuclear program! I would never have thought that up in a million years.

Interesting final thought: A Yotta-Bite... Yottabyte? The largest yet-conceived-of data storage capacity term.

The only people currently contemplating setting up a Yottabyte's worth of storage? The US Pentagon/ NSA.

Given the facility’s scale and the fact that a terabyte of data can now be stored on a flash drive the size of a man’s pinky, the potential amount of information that could be housed in Bluffdale is truly staggering. But so is the exponential growth in the amount of intelligence data being produced every day by the eavesdropping sensors of the NSA and other intelligence agencies. As a result of this “expanding array of theater airborne and other sensor networks,” as a 2007 Department of Defense report puts it, the Pentagon is attempting to expand its worldwide communications network, known as the Global Information Grid, to handle yottabytes (1024 bytes) of data. (A yottabyte is a septillion bytes—so large that no one has yet coined a term for the next higher magnitude.)

It needs that capacity because, according to a recent report by Cisco, global Internet traffic will quadruple from 2010 to 2015, reaching 966 exabytes per year. (A million exabytes equal a yottabyte.) In terms of scale, Eric Schmidt, Google’s former CEO, once estimated that the total of all human knowledge created from the dawn of man to 2003 totaled 5 exabytes. And the data flow shows no sign of slowing. In 2011 more than 2 billion of the world’s 6.9 billion people were connected to the Internet. By 2015, market research firm IDC estimates, there will be 2.7 billion users. Thus, the NSA’s need for a 1-million-square-foot data storehouse. Should the agency ever fill the Utah center with a yottabyte of information, it would be equal to about 500 quintillion (500,000,000,000,000,000,000) pages of text.

The data stored in Bluffdale will naturally go far beyond the world’s billions of public web pages. The NSA is more interested in the so-called invisible web, also known as the deep web or deepnet—data beyond the reach of the public. This includes password-protected data, US and foreign government communications, and noncommercial file-sharing between trusted peers. “The deep web contains government reports, databases, and other sources of information of high value to DOD and the intelligence community,” according to a 2010 Defense Science Board report. “Alternative tools are needed to find and index data in the deep web … Stealing the classified secrets of a potential adversary is where the [intelligence] community is most comfortable.” With its new Utah Data Center, the NSA will at last have the technical capability to store, and rummage through, all those stolen secrets. The question, of course, is how the agency defines who is, and who is not, “a potential adversary.”

SOURCE - The NSA is building the country's biggest spy centre

The eyes of a dragonfly have 30,000 lenses. Big Brother appears to be watching - and possibly even interfering with our dreams.... Or maybe 'someone else' is letting me know that Big Brother is watching.

edit on 6-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because:

tags

maybe the message is 'unite closely, the princess is calling you'....

? those seem to be the two key points as you put it...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
On the notion of communication from dreams may I pass on my massively repeated dream I have to see if anyone can reference and similarities or reasons for it.

Firstly, I mostly dream of the set of events that lead me in to severe depression, I relive these all the time and they are something I would not wish on anyone...Evil is all I can say but there's one type of dream split up into different area's that I have all the time, its of places I do not recognise but they feel familiar.

Here's the dream, its split in to area's that have a random pattern but they are always in there no matter what the order. I recount them in no particular order.

I find myself going down an escalator of what seems like a London Underground station, I arrive at a platform that is not familiar to me from real life and I'm looking for sign to the train that would take me to where I really live but the names on the map for this line are all odd and unknown, I get on the train anyway and it takes me to very busy road that seems to link tow cities via a hill...

The station has many platforms but none have where I want to go..

The next dream segment is a school, what is odd about it is that when you enter the school there corridors in the school that don't connect so one goes down the left, the other down the right and to get from one to the other you have to walk all the way through. I know its a school because I visit the classes like an unseen person, I watch the teaching going on but the main purpose of the dream seems to be my need to find my way though the school and try and finds another way that I've not seen before?

The next is a building that the only way I can get around inside it is to climb through tubes and spaces that are far too small for me to fit yet in the dream I can manage it, its almost like a Tomb Raider game.

I can't say why I'm in this building but I have to get through it for some reason which is the only link I can find with another part of the dream, I think I'm being followed but never see anyone and the stuff I do is quite dangerous.

The last dream segment is the weirdest, I'm out on a path in the countryside, its a beautiful day and I fancy a run which I can't do now because of blown knee's but it also wasn't a hobby of mine when I was younger, in the dream I can run really fast and it feels effortless but then the weird bit, I start to see shapes in the sky, not flying saucer type shapes, sort of like flying sky scrapers or buildings that look like oil refineries and all sorts of odd shapes, they dart around the sky or come overhead very close to me and they are massive...

Very frightening in the dream but as I say, its not UFO shapes or close encounters, just weird shapes and things that look like city buildings but as craft??

Now I get all those all the time, I do play the odd game but not for a long time and apart from old arcade games I play very little lately so its not something I am playing that's influencing my dream as far as I can tell. I am a UFO / other life in the universe believer and I've seen two things that I cannot say what they were but they were like nothing I'd ever seen before or since but those sightings were 15yrs ago...

I've never been lost in a main city and I have used the London Underground hugely throughout my working life and never once was lost. All these come up every time with very little changes bar things like when I'm running I'l find myself beside the sea on a lovely tropical coastline even though I start out in what seems to be Britain?

I've racked my brains but cannot find much of a connection to these things or them with me?

I did teach in a school when I was 18 with special needs kids but there does not feel like a link in the dream, its a strange school / building?

Pass...Madness most likely..
edit on 7-6-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses - I'm surprised at the amount of attention the thread has received..

I'm short on time for the next day or so, but will come back soon and add in some responses to key questions and criticisms etc - also will update you on a dream i had last night that seemed in a way to follow on from the one I posted about here.

All the best, and keep sharing your dream experiences too - very interesting, and especially keen to hear of anyone who had a dream regarding water spirits/ aquatic entities etc. Perhaps the 'Narissa' mentioned by one poster on page 3 is the Princess referenced in my dream?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I had a dream about my voices once. I was in bloomington minnesota, but it didnt look exactly like it but i knew i was there. I heard my voices calling to me and saw a man standing on a deck on a high rise. Suddenly a dimensional shift occured and i woke up once it passed by me, i awoke to no voices. do my voices share information while they dream i wonder?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Bout all I want to say is there are dreams then there are DREAMS.

I think what you had here was a DREAM a recall of past times...I do feel as if there will be others that will have such recall coming to them it is there awakening .....things might not make sense now but when it s time I do think it will all make sense to you.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The first thing I would do is try to eliminate any outside influence. If anything you dreamed of was related to what you experienced before you went to sleep, then that was probably what influenced it. Then its easier to really get to what is important.

Have you had any dreams that seemed important before? If so, what where they about?

Also, not trying to be nit-picky, but doesnt this belong in the Dreams & Predictions section?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Thankyou, just, thankyou.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm not saying this is related in any way, but I had a dream the other day that I was a young (probably 13/14) blonde haired girl in France. This is bizarre because I am a 6 foot male with dark hair and am most definitely not 13 or 14.

I have never had a dream where I was actually someone else before either, which is why it kind of sticks in my head.

Anyway, in the dream I had to walk through the streets of Paris (which looked more like Italy in my dream) as insane pandemonium, protest, explosions and people generally running around like headless chickens occured all around me.

I, or the girl who I was, seemed not to care for the danger and walked straight through. Eventually I was up in the hills in a huge French town house. I walked in, up some stairs and out of the window where a man was sat smoking a cigar with a straw hat and round sunglasses on out on the front of the place.

The man laughed and said hello and I replied "f**k you!" in an American accent. It was odd too because I controlled the part where I spoke (9 times out of 10 I can control aspects of my dreams) and for some reason chose to say this. I then woke up.

I have no idea why this would be related or what it means - probably nothing - but I thought I'd add it in anyway.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I had a strange dream nearly a week ago, and my mother roughly the same time. Hers was that a large nuclear war was going to start within a week, and she prayed and said its canceled, very firmly. She doesn't have a traditional faith, but a strong one, her own.

Mine was in a post kind of disaster of sorts, as if the house was connected to blocks and the hospital in a kind of Shelter zone. Alot of help and cooperation was going on, in an organized way. Then out of the blue, a man, kind of military sprayed me in the face and the entire house, family with what I thought was a poison or radiation (I thought of Fukushima in my dream for the next part). I had no affect from this poison, in fact it could have been something to help, because then a man said, I should contact higher ups, that they would understand this, to say, "Goblin 19" and request aid for the family. It appeared to be code for something.

Extremely odd dream.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Nobody?

Nobody..correct
as in nobody can know what I am thinking...people can guess, they can assume, but nobody is living inside of my mind outside of myself.
Nobody outside of me can also accurately state what my dreams mean...maybe that umbrella in my dream is a symbol of protection..might be from the movie I watched the other night (resident evil, umbrella corporation), or a symbol of when I was a baby and rain was hitting my face until my mother picked me up and that protected me...
see..only I have the understanding of a collected lifetime experience both conscious and subconscious that could even start to unravel the land of metaphores and symbols that are dreams.

Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe as Freud said (or changed to sometimes a cigar is just a cigar)...meaning if you have no clue about what it is, then maybe its no deeper than just that...a simple dream object that has no deeper meaning outside of a prop.
Typically with dreams, its more important to figure out how you felt around objects..that can clue you in more about the nature of the objects...
Good example that many have heard
being in your underpants at a public event (say school).
You don't go into deep consideration over the underpants..its obvious..your exposed..your without your clothes (the false image you have put on) and people are seeing the real you..you are nervous about being rejected.
There are no objects people ponder here..it is the emotion that counts.

So then since this is an accepted understanding of that common theme dream, why do we look at other dreams and focus in on the objects moreso than the overall feel of it.

sometimes a pipe (in a dream) is just a pipe

But, anything outside common dreams (such as the underpants scenario) is subjective to the entire life experience and current behaviors, influences, and identification of the person..making it much less likely to even start identifying.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Part of this sounds like something I wrote once on the web. I don't have many of these sorts of dreams anymore. It's sort of fun to dream about some city you haven't been to, look at some of the store fronts, and street names and see if they match up on the web.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
could be a future prediction of a nuclear disaster in Southern France.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

FITO: wow I guess I'm not the only one with dreams that have real word meanings in it. Take note that yot also means "offer" in Finnish. Even if you don't believe in the tower of Babel, go to babel fish or something similar and really look. You can't believe what you can translate. I translated the song "Ebla" by E.S. Posthumous and I came up with quite the lyrics.

Christian perspective on your dream: In Christian legend, the woman rides the beast that comes from the sea. This sea has been hiding the beast for who knows how long and the whore of heaven will ride it. My translation on your sea info: This is the sea that hides the beast your dream is trying to tell you about. Also, in the first dream you are being warned. At present you are not being attacked but choose your path carefully. Right now, evil is at bay.

The yottabyte thing is fascinating. Some of my dreams have had words I've never heard of in them too. I suggest to you (just a suggestion) that the dragonfly represents hostile forces where mother has teamed with daughter to tear down men, women and children. These people are not like us, supernatural, and I believe we live with them in our world today.

In the apocalypse they will become obvious. I believe Asma Assad is one such woman. She is a "daughter of Allah," and very incideous. You could be dreaming about them so be careful with your heart soul and mind. Yours is very special. Watch the women esp. They know how to seduce and then kill!
edit on 04/18/2012 by Destiny10 because: misspelled word

edit on 04/18/2012 by Destiny10 because: too many 'thems'

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Nobody?

Nobody..correct
as in nobody can know what I am thinking...people can guess, they can assume, but nobody is living inside of my mind outside of myself.
Nobody outside of me can also accurately state what my dreams mean...maybe that umbrella in my dream is a symbol of protection..might be from the movie I watched the other night (resident evil, umbrella corporation), or a symbol of when I was a baby and rain was hitting my face until my mother picked me up and that protected me...
see..only I have the understanding of a collected lifetime experience both conscious and subconscious that could even start to unravel the land of metaphores and symbols that are dreams.

Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe as Freud said (or changed to sometimes a cigar is just a cigar)...meaning if you have no clue about what it is, then maybe its no deeper than just that...a simple dream object that has no deeper meaning outside of a prop.
Typically with dreams, its more important to figure out how you felt around objects..that can clue you in more about the nature of the objects...
Good example that many have heard
being in your underpants at a public event (say school).
You don't go into deep consideration over the underpants..its obvious..your exposed..your without your clothes (the false image you have put on) and people are seeing the real you..you are nervous about being rejected.
There are no objects people ponder here..it is the emotion that counts.

So then since this is an accepted understanding of that common theme dream, why do we look at other dreams and focus in on the objects moreso than the overall feel of it.

sometimes a pipe (in a dream) is just a pipe

But, anything outside common dreams (such as the underpants scenario) is subjective to the entire life experience and current behaviors, influences, and identification of the person..making it much less likely to even start identifying.

Saturn fx I just love your frog. It is adorable.

You haven't read Daniel of Daniel in the Bible I take it. ATS checks out all aspects of possibilities that's what makes it so unique! I suggest that the ability to interpret dreams in sometimes divine. Freud would never have taken the possibilities of miracles to heart. Nothing from that day and era believed in such things at all. I grew up shortly after that era and people were quite close-minded.

We love to play with ideas in this website (I'm not a moderator I'm just suggesting...) I call it mind prospecting (sounds like mine prospecting). Here, we aren't afraid to take the other shoe off even if it sounds crazy.

It's perfectly normal therefore to ask others what they think and get it off the chest. Its good for the mind and soul.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
"Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe." -Freud.

Of course we could guess all day and night and seek out meaning, but ultimately nobody can identify it because it requires a long list of things your exposed to on a daily basis..
playing games, reading conspiracy theories (cough), watching sci-fi movies, etc..all of this gets mixed in. Take that and add in the considerations of diet and drugs and you can come up with a plethora of interesting dreams from subconscious thought mixing.

Keep a dream journal though..dreams are quite interesting..even if just for a creative view of your mind.

Freud said "sometimes a pipe is just a pipe." in relation to his own theory that everything is a penis. A car symbolized a penis. A tower is a penis... He didn't say it like "things are just normal." He said it like sometimes in rare circumstances a pipe is just a pipe.. But usually it's a penis. By the way it goes more like this:
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." meaning it's not a penis. Sometimes it is exactly as shown. Meaning sometimes the dream is not encoded. Sometimes it IS literal. He considered that more rare than encoded subconscious messages, but they happen nonetheless.

Things are not what they seem was his message. It's all symbolism in his mind. Except on some occasions the consciousness is experienced as just what it is, not just a cover for unconscious thought.

Why would you bring Freud into the conversation when you could bring in the real dream guy, Carl Jung. He was the master of dream meaning not Freud. He was the best person at analyzing dreams there was at the time.

The words his unconscious mind knew the meaning to meant this was at least in part a "big dream" This kind of dream uses knowledge from the collective unconscious. You can not know whats in there, hence the name unconscious. It has ancient archetypes and symbols.

Anyway.

You later go on in another post to say that only YOU can truly know what your dreams mean. You are right about that. You are the only one who knows the contents of your life leading up to the dream, and how you reacted and felt about the contents of your life.

In this way the OP is telling us what HE thinks HIS dream meant. You can take it or leave it, but he is the only one we can get the info from.

edit on 6/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

I liked your dream meanings.

Also remember he was at the base of a mountain wasn't he.

I think he has some climbing to do in relation to the evil that's at bay.

Also he warped to another area with his guides. This to me means the next part of the dream will have deeper meaning. Might be a deeper part of the subconscious mind. Or how I see things since the whole universe is inside me it could be a deeper part of reality.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

Ha! I wonder if my "coast" (or what I call, "my island") is the same? I never start off here in a dream, I always end up there later and it is a very special or rare place for me to dream of. I always get there by boat and there is a long stretch of beach,

yea so far so good. Long stretch of beach...

but the rainforest/tree area is very close to the sand. The rainforest area almost looks like it is a cover for something, like a fake front, as it looks too flat in a way.

for me there are cliffs in that spot that are like 700 feet high and brown colored. Sounding different now. This is why you can't get there, I guess by boat you could, but I only ever warp there through "dimensions."

I always end up in the middle of the island, in the mountains. There is a very narrow road that goes around the middle of the island, around the drop-offs and ravines, sort of like the road winds around the summit of a mountain on the island, though I can't recall ever seeing cars or anything. I always end up on a series of rope bridges deep in the trees/rainforest. I always remember this very clearly because I feel quite lucid in these dreams and have to remind myself I won't fall through the slats (I'm very afraid of heights). I always have at least two others with me, usually my husband and one or both of my children.

I'm always alone. There are some other people there very spread out, maybe 1 person every 300 ft. We never talk or even notice each other there. Maybe it's a secret soul getaway vacation?
We never leave the beach. The sunlight feels absolutely amazing.
The water is clear, but almost rainbow-y looking. I feel like it looks like the bahammas maybe. I've never been.

It is very mysterious, almost like the island in "Lost", except that I feel the island was made for me in some way, and I'm coming home to explore it because I've been away for a while. But I always know how to find my way around. The weird thing is that I never get to the middle of the island/mountain area knowingly. It's like I start on the beach and black out and end up in the middle.

You said the tree line seemed fake or like a wall? I doubt you have a path to go down to get into the middle. I think you would have to warp. Maybe it's a way to save time and the important stuff is in the middle?

I have watched Lost all the way through about 3 times now. My girlfriend started me on season 1, 3 weeks before the last season started. I watched them all almost before it started. There is a lot of meaning in those episodes. Lost is like a dream, just laden with symbolism. I think a lot of people didn't see the meaning and thought the writers were just being cheesy. The Island is Earth..

I hadn't dreamt of the island in months until recently, now I've dreamt of it a few times in the past couple or few weeks. The last dream I had of it, about a week ago, was scary. I did not like it. The ocean waves had started lapping along the ridge of the mountain, along a little dirt trail that winds around it and we were starting to be washed away.

My husband has dream of it before, too, but it's not uncommon for us to dream in tandem, dreaming the same dreams on the same nights.
edit on 6-6-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

So yea I feel these are different places, but who knows.. ?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

True to a point, but I still wouldn't say "nobody". Because I think a more accurate statement would be that "Nobody can assess the capabilities of every being." While it is highly unprobable, there very well "could" be someone that could view your dreams/thoughts.

I have this uncommon book my father gave me. It's called "The Tao of the Night: The Butterfly Book". It's a dream symbol interpretation book that presents meanings from both the Western world and Easter world (mainly the East). I have been thoroughly shocked to find it has exact, obscure, symbols that were in my dreams. Not just something generic. It will have exact symbols (ones that I have not previously read in the book) with specific meanings. Usually they are very odd symbols too. I can't help thinking to myself "I can't believe this book had that..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join