It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria agrees to let in UN humanitarian aid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

Now your saying Russia and Syria were in cahoots with the US on the inside 911 job?

Your name truly fits you....Southern Alabama right?
edit on 6-6-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

four 1 how come isit u b thinking u even no my name anyhow?
four 2 why isit u think u no ware I live, I culd b livin en them sticks, or them thar boonies, o on side of them hil over yander two.
But u aint stain on the topic, Rosco
I aint the 1 thatt jus fell off that there turnup truk neiether.
And norw if unins wants pikle an oinions on ya hambugr jus haler
oky dokey pard

edit on 6-6-2012 by redneck13 because: ?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I recently saw pictures of people that were supposedly killed in bombing raids by the Syrian government.
Miraculously all the bombs sliced right through the people's throats.

Now I am not saying Assad isn't a complete asshole and what not, but it does look like he may not be behind all the atrocities going on and instead rebels are killing these people and then blaming the government and the US is just agreeing. I mean its not fishy that all these countries are lining up to fall in the exact same manner? We just left Libya to rot.

It's really a lose lose situation, but I prefer the truth in any case.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Sounds like somebody planted a bomb in a sword factory

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Well that was a little unexpected? Britain making the first moves on Syria!?! During the week of the Queen's Jubilee too...

I genuinely thought the hand of the USA would come down first.

I'm British. Hopefully Russia won't get too upset with us...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
OP - you would have had more responses to this thread if you'd titled it ''British Special Forces set up camp in Syria, ready to fight Assad...''

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am sorry but i dont believe that report.

Heres the AFP today

Russia, China come out strongly against Syria action

BEIJING — Moscow and Beijing on Wednesday reaffirmed their strong opposition to intervention in Syria, under mounting international pressure to change a stance that has infuriated Western powers.

A joint statement issued after talks between China's leaders and visiting Russian President Vladimir Putin in Beijing said the two countries opposed any attempt to impose regime change in Syria after 15 months of bloody conflict.

"Russia and China are decisively against attempts to regulate the Syrian crisis with outside military intervention, as well as imposing a policy of regime change, including within the Security Council," it said.

The giant neighbours also came out against any use of military force or "unilateral sanctions" against Iran in the statement, released after China's Premier Wen Jiabao met visiting Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I'm British. Hopefully Russia won't get too upset with us...

You will be helping the terrorists just like you did in Libya and what kind of response is that? Hopefully Russia won't get too upset with us? of course they will.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
OP - you would have had more responses to this thread if you'd titled it ''British Special Forces set up camp in Syria, ready to fight Assad...''

T&C about breaking news is you must quote the article title. I have been flamed here for providing orginal sources that are an opinion piece (in other ATSers eyes) so to save the flaming (and sacrificing flags and responses) I went with the story that can easily be researched. The secondary story, while it is the basis for making this news 'alternative' makes some assumptions that i am not ready to see flamed, especially by certain members. I agree with you though! The real story is that the UK appears to be going in and using the humanitarianism as a guise to exercise their military strength.
As good as ATS is, some users cause they spread of information to be limited due to their flaming and intentional trolling.. its a shame but thats life

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The news reports are contradicting themselves as they come out. Probably a fluid situation and things are changing fast
www.telegraph.co.uk... eeast/syria/9314359/Syria-at-risk-of-genocide.html

Text
Syria's former agriculture minister Riyad Hijab (left) has been named as new prime minister by Bashar al-Assad Photo: Reuters
The strategy of Damascus risks causing a genocide without rapid intervention," Mr Terzi said.
Italy was among those countries who expelled the Syrian ambassador to Rome last month in a coordinated action with other Western powers after a massacre in the town of Houla.
The Syrian leadership "is fighting for its survival with an ever more direct and brutal escalation, with terror against the civilian population and with the artificial fuelling of internal conflict," Mr Terzi said.
His strong comments came as Mr Assad has appointed Riad Hijab as new prime minister, tasking him with forming a government, as armed rebels continued to go on the offensive in and around Damascus
Former agriculture minister Mr Hijab, 46, replaces former premier Adel Safar, who had formed his government in April 2011, one month after an Arab Spring-inspired uprising erupted across Syria, shaking the regime which responded with force.
According to figures of the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, more than 13,500 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in the uprising.

Looking for a way forward, Clinton is meeting Wednesday evening in Istanbul with like-minded European, Turkish and Arab officials hoping to advance a political transition strategy. The latest talk has focused on a plan such as the one agreed to last year by Yemen's former dictator Ali Abdullah Saleh, whose resignation allowed his vice president to form a caretaker interim government.

But Assad has balked at such proposals, and the U.S. and its allies have yet to persuade the Kremlin to drop its support for the Syrian leader.

In recent days, Clinton has sought to open the door to a compromise with Russia, calling Assad's ouster a necessary outcome of any political transition but not necessarily a "precondition."

The nuance suggests the U.S. is willing to allow Assad to hang on in power for part of a structured regime change. But the administration is also making it clear that Assad's eventual departure must be agreed on by all parties as part of the transition, and that it cannot accept Russian ideas about promoting reform or greater dialogue in Syria as a substitute for true political change.

www.google.com... dnews/ap/article/[/url)

Text
BEIRUT -- Syrian President Bashar Assad, facing a raging insurrection that threatens his rule, on Wednesday named a longtime ruling party loyalist as the prime minister who will form a new “reform” government.

Assuming the post will be Riyad Farid Hijab, who has served as agriculture minister since April 2011 and once headed a regional branch of Assad’s Baath Party, state media reported.

Hijab previously served as governor of coastal Latakia province, where opposition activists have in recent days reported an intense government siege of rebel-controlled enclaves. The province is home to ancestral highland strongholds of Assad’s minority Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shiite Islam. Alawites are a pillar of support for the government

[url=http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/06/syria-assad-shuffles-leadership.html]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/world_now/2012/06/syria-as sad-shuffles-leadership.html
edit on 6-6-2012 by redneck13 because: m

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I no longer value your opinion buddy, so keep it to yourself when thinking over my posts. The majority of the British people do not support the actions of TPTB, and in fact the majority of British people aren't even aware of what's actually going on in the Middle East. So yeah - for the sake of the majority, I hope Russia don't get too upset.

You're a piece of work pal, seriously.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

You'll perhaps be pleased to know I went ahead and made a thread about the preparations for 'invasion' of Syria by British special forces, in the World War 3 forum.

One flag. In the course of a whole day.

ATS is becoming a sorry place where the real alternative news and worrying developments of our time are superseded by political wrangling (Ron Paul), Inconsequential musings on TPTB (Bilderberg protests) Christian bashing, and crappy distractions like OMG!!! What's that on the surface of the sun??? Occasionally the Galactic Alliance step in through one of their Indigo Child emissaries and let us know that we're all going to ascend to a 5th dimension of love and light before the SHTF. Which of course, is a pile of crap.

2012 itself has been hyped up by TPTB to prepare the masses for a major paradigm shift - but I have a strong feeling it's not a shift towards love and light.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Text
Clinton Asks Russia, China to Help in Syria Crisis

Topic: Protests in Syria

en.ria.ru...

Text
Russia is disappointed in the decision by Syrian rebels to pull out of a ceasefire that was an integral part of a United Nations peace plan for the conflict-torn Middle Eastern country, a leading Foreign Ministry official said on Tuesday.

“This is, of course, sad and extremely negative,” Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov said.

He also said a U.S. State Department delegation would arrive in Moscow later this week for talks on how to resolve the crisis in Syria.

A spokesman for the rebel Free Syrian Army told Reuters on Monday that insurgents had pulled out of the faltering truce stipulated by UN envoy Kofi Annan's six-point peace plan and had begun attacking soldiers to “defend our people.” The statement came after a British-based activist group said rebels had killed some 80 soldiers over the weekend.

The spokesman also said rebels were calling for the UN observer mission in the country to become a "peace enforcing mission." He also said the rebels would welcome the imposition by the international community of a no-fly zone and a buffer zone.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon reiterated on Monday that Annan's plan "remains central" to halting more than 15-months of bloodshed in Syria.The UN has sent 300 observers to Syria to monitor a ceasefire that has failed to take hold since it was supposed to come into force on April 12.

en.ria.ru...

Text
(Reuters) - The U.S. Treasury on Wednesday warned Syria that more than 55 countries would seek to impose "maximum financial pressure" on President Bashar al-Assad's government in an effort to stop his regime's violence against Syrian people

www.reuters.com... -idUSBRE8550RY20120606
edit on 6-6-2012 by redneck13 because: m

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

From your link:

On Wednesday, U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner warned Syria that the international community may soon seek a resolution at the United Nations Security Council that could authorize the use of force.

Times they are a changing. Oh wait - this is the same crap they've been pulling for years, my mistake.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Thx, i was going to suggest you make a thread for it.

Also, make that 2 flags and a star for you friend!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

here ya go budy
dont sound so secret now

Text
British Forces Plan Secret Operation in Syria

TEHRAN (FNA)- British defense chiefs have drawn up secret plans to start covert military operations in Syria.
A senior Whitehall source said the British forces are due to create "safe havens for the rebels in Syria", admitting that "safe havens (operations) would be an invasion of Syria".

"The SAS will throw an armed screen round these areas that can be set up within hours.

"There are guys in the communications unit who are signalers that can go right up front and get ­involved in close-quarter fighting."

The rebel Syrian Free Army has dismissed the UN-backed truce and has continued attacks on not just military centers, but civilians despite the ceasefire required by the peace plan.

english.farsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Its just i dont want you to fall for the war propaganda thats all.

I am just agaisnt the use of any military intervention, because that would be such a huge mistake, so is the arming the rebels.

Again FlyInTheOintment Assad or the rebels is not a win for us, America is doing this for Israel and CNN and the FP meg have already admitted it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ohhhh now i bet in a few days NATO willbe there BOMBING the sht outta the rebels or w.e but this makes no sense how can the lybian gov get bombd or not get aid but then syria does ?

the gov insyria is far more worse thenwhat happend to lybia....

edit on 6-6-2012 by burntoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
300 million to spend at guns-r-us
a redneck's dream come true

Text
DOHA | Wed Jun 6, 2012 2:31pm EDT

DOHA (Reuters) - Syrian businessmen living abroad have created a $300 million fund to support rebels fighting forces of President Bashar al-Assad, opposition activists said on Wednesday.

www.reuters.com... isis-businessman-idUSBRE85515920120606
edit on 6-6-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

It does seem as thou this will be the start of the Syrian military intervention. Odds are that special forces from other countries have already been operating in the country for sometime now, possibly causing various atrocities and arming the "rebels" to fight the government forces. Only time will tell what will come to be, with all the various forces in the country, sounds to be more of an occupation, rather than an intervention. If NATO and The UN officially move in en mass, this could trigger WW3 in the Middle East.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join