It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria agrees to let in UN humanitarian aid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Syria agrees to let in UN humanitarian aid

www.aljazeera.com

The Syrian government has agreed to let aid workers into the country, the UN says, even as the government of Bashar al-Assad expels foreign diplomats.

It would be the first time humanitarian workers - aside from the International Committee of the Red Cross - have been granted permission to enter Syria.

The workers will initially be based in just four cities hard hit by the fighting: Homs, Deraa, Idlib, and Deir Azzor.

UN teams already have been sent to scout those areas, said John Ging
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
nsnbc.wordpress.com

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There is a video, but its not youtube/google so i can't embed it?
aje.me...

Where have we heard 'Humanitarian intervention' before? Ahh yes, Libya!
In the old days, Humanitarian intervention was just that, or at least it was more of that instead of what has lately become a guise to enter countries with 'rebels' etc

Looks like NATO and the UN (all NWO) will be using 'safe-haven' camps to allow military forces to be in teh country..

Oh and wait, According to the daily star, UK Military forces are ALREADY IN SYRIA! Its starting folks....
www.dailystar.co.uk...

SAS SET UP SAFE CAMPS IN SYRIA

BRITISH defence chiefs have drawn up secret plans to set up safe havens for Syrians fleeing President Assad’s killers.
Special Forces will help ­protect the refugees in Syria along the borders.
SAS troops and MI6 agents are in the country ready to help rebels if civil war breaks out as ­expected this weekend.

and this

And if civil war breaks out the crack troops are on hand to help with fighting, said the ­insider.

OH and this too:

“Safe havens would be an invasion of Syria but a chance to save lives,” said a senior Whitehall source

Seems to me that this is the beginning of the Syrian invasion, under the guise of the UN. It will start like this, humanitarianism coming in, and yes it will help people..well hopefully!
Then, just like Libya, NATO will come in airstriking to aid the rebels, and eventually a new dictatorship with a brand new 'democracy' will be put in place

Thoughts?!

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/6/2012 by Nspekta because: spelling

edit on 6/6/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here is another article reporting that the refugee camps will be used to help the armed rebels

UK Plot To Run Military Operations From Camps Inside Syria Revealed

Britain is reportedly planning to set up refugee camps inside Syria under the pretext of saving civilian lives but in reality to help armed rebels fighting against the government.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

The Syrian army needs to crush this, and the West needs to stop arming the rebel terrorists that are killing women and children.

Just like we armed the mujaheddin and it came to bite us in the ass

The 911 attacks happened because of our meddling in their affairs EXACTLY like this. Don't be angry when some Syrian flies a plane into some western building as a response of arming the rebels.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don’t think Syria will be crushing anything anytime soon
You guys need to get quicker at starting threads

Russia Open to Syria Transition in Shift Away From Assad
BusinessWeek - ‎9 minutes ago‎

By Flavia Krause-Jackson and Henry Meyer on June 05, 2012 As Syria slides toward civil war, Russia is signaling that it no longer views President Bashar al- Assad's position as tenable and is working with the US to seek an orderly transition.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
I don’t think Syria will be crushing anything anytime soon
You guys need to get quicker at starting threads

Russia Open to Syria Transition in Shift Away From Assad
BusinessWeek - ‎9 minutes ago‎

By Flavia Krause-Jackson and Henry Meyer on June 05, 2012 As Syria slides toward civil war, Russia is signaling that it no longer views President Bashar al- Assad's position as tenable and is working with the US to seek an orderly transition.

This thread really has nothing to do with russia, although they are involved in the big picture. What are you trying to say here exactly??

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

There is no more Syrian government. They are on the way out

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I have a great dislike for the policies of most ME countries and some strong views on Islam, but the west is hardly a shining beacon so what ya gonna do.
If I was in charge over there I would send out warnings to all neighbouring countries that I had capabilities of striking and were aiding western attacks that every last missile, plane, sub and row boat has been armed with chemical & bio weapons & the second the first strike is initiated against us, we retaliate against everyone of you with everything we have no holes bard don't like it don't %$#% with us or aid in the %$%# of us.
If Saddam had done this they would of thought twice about Libya, If Libya had done it the wouldn't be pulling this crap with Syria.
That being said I'm all for the people living the life of luxury while there people suffer being dragged out in the street and dealt with Gaddafi style.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
reply to post by Nspekta

There is no more Syrian government. They are on the way out

They've been on the way out for a long time, the UN and NATO were just waiting for the right time, PR-wise.
I guess.. thx for the insight?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

Are you siding with the rebel terrorists?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
just the news
i didnt write it
Putin just bugged on backing Assad
It’s a deal
Russia will keep their bases there
Probably get an oil deal
Assad makes off with billions
All happily ever after.

www.bloomberg.com... ussia-open-to-syria-transition-in-shift-away-from-assad.html

Text
As Syria slides toward civil war, Russia is signaling that it no longer views President Bashar al- Assad’s position as tenable and is working with the U.S. to seek an orderly transition.

A U.S. delegation headed by Fred Hof, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s special adviser on Syria, is scheduled to meet with Russian counterparts June 8 in Moscow. They will try to forge a common approach to moving Assad aside -- or even out of the country -- with a goal of replacing him with someone acceptable to both sides in the conflict, according to two U.S. officials speaking on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue

Oh ya, puttins getting chummy with china

edit on 6-6-2012 by redneck13 because: v

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

9/11 was an inside job!

Yes?

No?

Sometimes?

Maybe only when it's convenient.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The US government may have know 911 was to happen prior to it happening thus making it an inside job by not preventing it; but it does not take away from the fact that the people who perpetrated 911 it did so because of US interference in the middle east.
edit on 023030p://6America/ChicagoWed, 06 Jun 2012 02:17:54 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Wasn't an oil pipeline supposed to be built in Syria so that countries like Iran, China and Russia would benefit from it the most.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by satron

Wouldn’t that topic be listed in a different thread?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Here comes the civillian body count.
The blue helmets must die.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Be very wary of this. Assad and others like him, tend to be demonised by the establishment, because they don't want to affiliate themselves with the "international community," which is generally doublespeak for understandably not wanting to be owned by the cabal.

In my own ideal universe, the United Nations as an organisation, would not exist. It is depicted as being utopian, when in reality it is the exact opposite. It is a front group for the cabal; one of many.

The thing to be wary of where collectivism is concerned, is that whenever you join a collective, you inevitably find that somebody else is in charge, and they generally don't take kindly to you wanting to do your own thing, once you've made the initial mistake of joining.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The US must be getting antsy, the oil hounds have picked to on the scent. I wonder how much longer it will be until Assad gets taped being murdered, and Hiliary gives her "wassssup" face?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Now your saying Russia and Syria were in cahoots with the US on the inside 911 job?
edit on 6-6-2012 by redneck13 because: v

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

No I did not say that anywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join